17x9 Work Emotion Cr Kai

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by blindfold, Oct 10, 2007.

1. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

17x9 Work Emotion Cr Kai with +44mm offset, a set of perfect wheel for those that are seeking a set of track/auto-x wheels. Weighs in at 18.9LB for this cast 17" wheel, it fits Brembos. Just a heads up for anyone that's looking because there is a groupbuy going on at nasioc right now.

P.S. this is a custom order for Spun Autosport, like some has recommend it is probably a good idea to pick up a spare just in case. Peace

[​IMG]

Nasioc Link

2. longfury

longfury Active Member

18.9lbs huh?

I had 17x8's on my 04 and they weighed more than 18.9lbs. Those things were heavy.

3. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Who's fault is it that you have 5x100 still? :p

4. longfury

longfury Active Member

It was a 04 WRX. :D

My RX8 has 5x144.3 and huge hub bores that make it hard to get cheap wheels from Subaru people.

5. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Who's fault is it that you have an RX8? :)

5x100 simply complicates the matter, I'm sure you're hub bore doesnt help much either.

6. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

Alex, you wish you still had the badass/more exclusive 5x100 so you could buy these awesome wheels, eat your heart out viking :D

7. Deke

Deke Active Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

8. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

bump for awesome track wheels, anyone plan to buy these? 17x9 at 18.9lbs for $1300 shipped, I would jump on these if I didn't have a set of track wheels already, deal ends on the 31st of October, don't pass it!

9. Jake

Jake Active Member

damn wish they were 4x100 for the acura

10. jjanari

jjanari Member

just ordered a set in gunmetal. fyi, the group buy did end on 10/31, but the vendor purchased a few extra sets, one of which I purchased. iirc, there are at least 2 sets remaining, 1 bronze and the other described as a "flat alloy" color.

-jimmy

11. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

awesome, post some pictures and come to the Subaru challenge to show off yours wheels

12. jjanari

jjanari Member

I will if I have enough $$$ left to buy tires for them..:)

13. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

I highly recommend a 255/40/17 for the 17x9 it should perfectly, check Edgeracing.com if money is tight, think along lines around Falken Azenis RT615 or Hankook RS2 if you want a grippy-affordable summer tire, however it might rub in the rear depending on your suspension mods. You might have to roll the rear fenders flat.

14. jjanari

jjanari Member

yeah, a knowledgeable friend of mine recommended that exact size and I think Tom (the vendor selling the Works) made the same size recommendation (as well as recommending the falkens), so I'll definitely look into those. thanks for the link, man.

-jimmy