2006 WRX Wagon. My drug of choice.

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by Bolderer, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Bolderer

Bolderer Member

They are just plain old stockers. re92s and all. I am dying for some new wheels and stickies but I am broke so I am going to be staying with the stock wheels for now. I do a lot of rock climbing during the winter so I don't mind about the crappy tires right now. I guess in the spring I will buy some new stickies, something cheap like ecsta mx's but unless I find an offer I can't refuse it looks like I'll be staying with the stock wheels indefinitely. They just look like crap, with a good amount of rash and stone chips from all the gravel roads they have seen. Maybe I'll have them refinished and powdercoated black when I get new tires.

2. Bolderer

Bolderer Member

Well I just had to replace my clutch (43k miles :( ) and decided to go with an ACT modified street clutch, installed by Topspeed. First impressions are really good. The pedal is actually a good bit lighter than it was stock and the engagement is quick but nice and smooth. Seems to be a good decision. I don't feel like it is gripping so abruptly that it's going to break something but it definitely holds the power. Wish my tranny luck!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  3. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

i like my act cluctch in my wagon... it should hold you

4. Bolderer

Bolderer Member

I'm not worried about the clutch. I'm worried that the next thing to go wrong will be the transmission or a diff. With all of the tranny and diff bushings I have there is a lot of harsh NVH and I just hope that everything will hold up. My driving is generally butter-smooth but I still worry.

5. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

im scared for my tranny too... i just dont leave hard or launch my car...