2007 Subaru Challenge | Sat. 11/17 **Reg. now open** Turner Field, Atlanta, GA.

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by RRSCR, May 25, 2007.

1. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

You can probably edit your registration and put yourself in the correct class. They will not know what class your car should be in, so they will not correct it, unless you let them know ahead of time. Tech is only to make sure the car is safe to drive. They don't do anything with classing.

2. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

:banana: And then you'll realize what you're missing...

;)

Look out noobs...Brett is going to destroy you.

3. WRX_SVXGirl

WRX_SVXGirl Member

hey now! i represent that comment!

4. SubiNoobi

SubiNoobi Supporting Member

Can we edit our registrations?

Its probably not that important, but they ask for your tire brand, and I GOT NEW TIRES! No more AutoX on all seasons for me!

5. WRX_SVXGirl

WRX_SVXGirl Member

yes just log onto the site and under your name hit edit, i am about to do that right now to take myself out of the car show and into the fun parts.

6. RRSCR

RRSCR <b>The Observer</b>

Brian or Meredith need to weigh in on this one. I think if the tires move you to another class, you need to discuss it during your tech inspection.
    Randy

7. SubiNoobi

These tires won't. They are within the Specs for STS, I made SURE of that. Thanks though!

They are 225 width (max for STS) and 200 treadwear, so well over the limit of 140 treadwear for STS.

8. Meredith

Meredith Banned

The tire question is for when there is contingency.... since this isn't an NT or Prosolo it doesn't matter what you put in there. If you need to switch class we will be able to do that on Saturday morning, but you can stil edit in motorsports reg.

9. SubiNoobi

That video from your sig is hilarious!

10. STI LOVER

STI LOVER Member

hey if we aren't registered, can we still come out and watch?

11. Trey

Trey Active Member

I haven't read all 90+ pages so.....what are you guys doing for number placards? I see it's 12"x12" so is anyone getting magnetic material to stick it to your car? If so, where?

Thanks!

12. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

I still need to get some magnetic material. I'm going to check out mcmaster.com.

13. STI LOVER

STI LOVER Member

so no one answered my previous question? if we aren't part of it or registered, can random spectators come out and watch?

14. Trey

Trey Active Member

It's open to the public, you just have to sign a waiver so when I run you over you can't sue. :p

15. WRX_SVXGirl

WRX_SVXGirl Member

nah it;ll be me running over people, once i figure out what class i am supposed to be in

meredith is it just regular G stock or GSL?

16. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Either one is fine.... I'm only running ladies cause my car is being whored out in open STU.

17. WRX_SVXGirl

WRX_SVXGirl Member

well i would be racing against myself anyways so i guess it doesnt matter, thanks!

18. STI LOVER

STI LOVER Member

Ok I'll make sure to watch from a far distance. lol. so what time does the event start and end?

19. RRSCR

RRSCR <b>The Observer</b>

Spectators are welcome.
    Randy

20. FACE

FACE Active Member

9.99 at michaels craft store...make sure you get the"paint a mag" It has a white surface and no adhesive.

21. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

22. Trey

Trey Active Member

I was wondering since you joke about ladies that run in the L Class. :p

23. Trey

Trey Active Member

Sweet!

24. Meredith

Meredith Banned

I only run Ladies when there is money on the line..... i can't complain about my "L-bribes"! But brian wanted to whore the car out!

25. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

I just edited my reg form STS with the 92x to A-Stock with the STI
    But will I still be able to do a couple of runs in STS with the 92x as Danielle the GF is still in STSL calss? Or do I have to sign up again im listed as her co-driver? I really want to run the 92x as it our most modded car and it will probably go back to stock form after the challenge to make it easier for her to drive

26. Meredith

Meredith Banned

If these were time - only runs at a local atlanta region points event I'd say sure! However I don't think we will have the time for everyone to switch out cars. You are welcome to bring both (take your runs in your STi and have the gf take her runs in the Saabaru or vice versa) or hell just bring them both and only run one car. I can't speak for Randy however as a TeamSolo member I don't think we can accomadate one driver in two different cars/classes. Oh and she is welcome to run the car by herself as well! Trust me an AStock STi can be plenty fun!

27. Trey

Trey Active Member

:beer:

28. 992.5RS

992.5RS Member

Meredith, any idea what class I would be in after looking at my thread?

29. Meredith

Meredith Banned

I'd say SM?

30. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Technically the car would be in FP due to the crossmember swap, but SM should be fine for this event.

31. 992.5RS

992.5RS Member

Which one should I sign up for? Doesn't matter much to me since it will be my first event and I won't be much competition for anyone.

32. Meredith

Meredith Banned

33. WRX_SVXGirl

WRX_SVXGirl Member

lol dont worry i am competeing against my self in my class, its my first event as well.

34. 992.5RS

992.5RS Member

Only thing I am worried about is my stock RS tranny and the crappy ACT streetlite clutch I have in there! :grr:

35. WRX_SVXGirl

WRX_SVXGirl Member

lol i am running a 93 SVX. zach wishes he could get his hands on it before the challenge ... but we dont have time

36. Meredith

Meredith Banned

MY course designer is working on the layout today; there will no launching at the start so I wouldn't be terribly worried. Your tires will be killed before anything else!

37. WRX_SVXGirl

WRX_SVXGirl Member

oh great i guess i better buy a new set before i come out so i can destroy these

38. Meredith

Meredith Banned

It's gonna take a few autoxs to burn off a whole set of tires! Especially if they are all seasons!

39. WRX_SVXGirl

WRX_SVXGirl Member

yea i am not sure how long the tires have been on my car, they are all season but they came from walmart ... boo to the previous owner.

40. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

so we need to bring our own numbers?

41. Meredith

Meredith Banned

No SOA will be providing pre-made placards for the event; I do suggest bring some magnetic material to put them on. They are 12" by 12".

42. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

whats the website to sign up? AGAIN.... my computer crashed and I lost the saved favorites

43. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

44. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Here is the latest announcement.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

45. Scotty B

Scotty B Member

i just went by home depot on friday. I followed another poster's recommendation and got a 3-pack of magnetic vent covers (you slap them over those diffusers in your ceiling/floor to close them up). it was like 5 bucks and they're 15x8. i cut them all down to 12 inches high and cut one in half (12x4), using normal paper scissors.

taking the 12x4 halves i masking taped them onto the other 12x8 portion to create a 12x12 magnet. the tape will hold it together until i have my number sticker. when the sticker is on it will hold both together seamlessly. they are pretty strong too, i can't see them coming of the car.

46. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

I will stop by on friday to hangout. Because I will not be there on saturday.

47. Trey

Trey Active Member

Anyone have a link to the magnetic material? That website is overkill on the eyes. :D

Thanks!

48. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

That website is crazy...I'm looking for the link. I am rolling by Michael's tomorrow. Depending on their supply, I can grab a bunch if anybody needs/wants some.

49. FACE

FACE Active Member

^^^

Make sure you get the "paint a mag" It does not have the sticky stuff and is just a white surface.......you dont want the sticky stuff!

50. FACE

FACE Active Member

^^^

and its 9.99 for a 12x24...