2007 Subaru Challenge | Sat. 11/17 **Reg. now open** Turner Field, Atlanta, GA.

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by RRSCR, May 25, 2007.

1. Meredith

Meredith Banned

I believe it's only Mitsubishi that will void your warranty; I've never heard of anybody having issues with their warranty due to the subaru challenge. Randy from SOA might wanna pipe in here. Usually the course is designed so you can't launch your car at the start anyways.

2. 4sevens

4sevens Member

This ones hilarious.
    I was just about to sign up but noones signed up for AS yet. :p

3. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I just registered

4. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Freedom to bump this thread has been granted :ddirty:

5. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Awesome I've been granted power of bump!

With that said ......

[​IMG]

Chuck Norris says you better register!

6. Deke

Deke Active Member

^ That makes me want to register twice.

7. gt9729b

gt9729b Member

I'll register after I get confirmation about the Rehnquist dinner. If I can go to that, I might just have to. If not, I'll be auto-xing.

8. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Huh? C'mon man what happened to the hard-core autoxer? You do know that everytime you don't autox god kills a kitten....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2007
  9. gt9729b

gt9729b Member

I knew I'd get that reaction, but getting the opportunity to sit down with some members of the Supreme Court would be pretty cool in my book. I'll keep you posted.

10. Meredith

Meredith Banned

you and your supreme court members.........

11. gt9729b

gt9729b Member

Check that, I registered, I'll just eat the cancellation fees as needed.

Brian, what are you driving?

12. Meredith

Meredith Banned

damn now you are feeding my catholic guilt.... isn't renquist dead anyways?

Brian is driving an X prepared subaru brat; they didn't have X prepared as a choice so he's in street mod.

13. gt9729b

gt9729b Member

Rehnquist is dead. It's an awards dinner put on by the National Center for State Courts. It's on C-SPAN ya know (or, it has been, anyway).

14. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Is steven corbert going to be a guest speaker?

15. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Bump

If you don't register Steven Seagal will have to serve you a can of whoop ass soup......
    [​IMG]

16. 4sevens

4sevens Member

I register AS

Last edited: Jul 20, 2007
  17. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

NO. SOA will not be out there writing down VIN plates or anything of the sort to 'void' anyone's warranty. It's all in fun, and they've been doing this for the better part of 4 years now. I've only made it to two events, sadly. :(

Also, looks like I'm a shoe in for my class...woot? :(

18. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

19. Deke

Deke Active Member

The count is at 27. Register!

bump

20. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Jeez people.... this is really disapointing.... Subaru of America is putting on an awesome event and yet again nobody signs ummm.... LAME
    I guess everybody is saving up for bondo and widebody kits :(

21. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Reason why I haven't signed up yet, is because it's still a long way off and with school and work my schedule changes a good bit.

Does anyone know what the cancellation/refund policy is?

22. Deke

Deke Active Member

Oh snap!!!

silly ricers....

23. Matt

If the even is canceled, all your monies will be refunded. If you cancel due to work/school, the monies are non-refundable....I think

Only 27 people signed up?! this is sad.....

24. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Yeh, that's my point. If something comes up, and there's a chance it will, what can I do? I may be out $35. Sure not a lot of money to some, but for me every penny counts when I'm in school. I wander if I couldn't make it, if someone else could take my spot and pay me the $35? Hmmmmm...

25. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Couldn't agree more with Matt and Meredith... :squint:

So, I am curious, of the people who viewed this thread 1,446 times, yet haven't registered...what is holding you back? I mean, does anyone have any questions or concerns that we can help you through?

26. Meredith

Meredith Banned

If you concerned about a refund I would suggest going to www.subaruchallenge.com and reading the sups and rules. If SOA doesn't see good registration numbers I don't want think what's going to happen.

27. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

I will reg. tonight...

28. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Well, here is what I found out on their website.

Also, it looks like you would lose some money from myautoevents.com as well.

29. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Cancellation / Refunds
    Cancellations received prior to the deadlines listed below for each event will receive a refund minus the Paypal & MyAutoEvents handling fees. Refunds will be sent by U.S. Mail. Cancellations received after the deadline has passed for each event will not receive a refund. No Exceptions. Only a typed withdrawal letter will be accepted via e-mail to: info@subaruchallenge.com. The time and date stamp on the e-mail will be used to mark when the cancellation was received. No Exceptions.

Cancellation Deadlines:
    2007 South Central Region Subaru Challenge #3 – Atlanta, Georgia – November 17th, 2007
    Deadline: 4:00PM EST, November 7th, 2007 No Exceptions.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2007
  30. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

31. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

This sucks. How many people do we have on here??? Active users at WRXAtlanta?
    It's not like this is a normal autoX with tons of professionals out there making the novices feel bad about hitting cones. This is a perfect opportunity to learn how to drive. Can we send out a mass PM to everyone? If I whip up a advertisement for it would someone (Alex?) make a spot for it on the banner?

32. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

It is…

·A Subaru customer appreciation event designed to enhance your Subaru ownership experience.

·An exclusive, Subaru only event. No other make vehicle will be allowed to compete.

·Your opportunity to have fun with your fellow Subaru enthusiasts and to meet some of them in person for the first time.

·Your opportunity to test your Subaru’s capabilities and your driving skills in a controlled and safe environment.

·Your opportunity to see some pretty tricked out Subaru’s and be able to talk to their owner/creators.

What the South Central Region Subaru Challenge is not…

·It is not and never will be a forum for Subaru personnel to take pictures and record VIN’s to void future warranty claims.

·A boring waste of your time.

33. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Don't forget that there is free food and goodies

34. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

I've attened every year and traveled to most of them out of state. It is/was always worth it. I'm in people, let's see some Subie love

35. Brian

Brian Active Member

Has anyone thought of printing flyers to distribute @ local Subaru dealers & dealer service areas?

36. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

Which class should I register for:

05 STI
    springs
    sways
    EM
    street tires
    TBE - 1 high flow cat

37. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

I hope to make it to this but like someone else said, it's a long way off and school/work can be hard to predict. I'll probably sign up in a week or so, got some spending to do first. And I assume with new struts/springs, camber plates and that shizzle I'll be put in a class that will get embarassing. Not that it matters, it will be about just trying to avoid cones for me.

38. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

If you have an AP, and can run a stock map, you can be in STU. That would be the most competitive class. Otherwise, BSP.

You could always run in SM if you wanted to be in the same class as Milo, etc.

--
    Brian

39. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

If you have the stock motor in your RS, you can run in STS, which is a good class for the car, and not an impossible one :)

I would recommend registering now, and if you can't make it, cancel at the last moment. I would hate for Subaru to cancel the event due to low signups. It is looking that this might happen again if we don't get more signups soon.

40. Meredith

Meredith Banned

I make you feel bad when you hit cones ;P

41. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Fixed it for you...

42. Matt

:sigh:

we have 1671 members of this forum. There should be AT LEAST 90 of those members signed up. Where is Mike Killacky?

43. Meredith

Meredith Banned

No I make my tires feel bad

44. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

when you hit cones, baby jesus cries

45. Matt

I make it a point to hit cones.....

46. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

yuh! :bump:

47. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

48. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

I may be willing to let someone co-drive my WRX in SM. It is not competative but fun. Let's go people, sign up!!

49. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Come on people!!!

50. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

What do you have that puts you in SM?