2008 STi Discussion Thread (Please keep all 2008 STi talk in here!)

Discussion in 'General Community' started by josh booth, Oct 24, 2006.

1. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

2. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Allow me to be the first to say, "I don't like it."

Hopefully my thoughts will change when I see it in person, but honestly, I'm not a bing fan of hatches.

3. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

Someone please make a bodykit to replace that grill....

4. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

It's a good looking car. But your right like the 06/07 it needs a new grill.

5. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

Does it fly ???

6. Why am i not seeing hte pictures everyone else sees i see the front of a magazine and thats it.

7. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

go to 2008 sti i'm sorry 2008 impreza

8. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I knew it! Tribeca and Civic Si love child!

9. heathbar

heathbar Member

I like both it and the new Evo, but they look small...

I like my wagon. Cargo room FTW.

10. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

im sure i will like it after i look at it enough. i HATED the 06 when it came out but love it now.

11. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

well i have to say if it looks like the wrb one not the yellow one i like it. maybe its the ricer in me but that thing looks mean! and notice the yellow has large fogs like the bugeye. i likey!

12. Alex

Its been failing focus groups all over the west coast.

13. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

The page finally loaded..I kinda like it wrb of course may have to do without the wing though.

14. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

For those that are having trouble finding the pics on the website, or are having problems with load times.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2006
  15. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Thanks didnt see the yellow one:pssh: but tha sti and sti wagon is nice..tail too big for the back
    The two doors uuuggg:roflwtf: mixed a tribeca with a sti? just scrap the two door. could have possibilities ...just not that one.

16. crashtke

crashtke Member Supporting Member

Not liking it much at all :/ Guess I will have to stick to the bugeye!

17. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

18. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

19. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Beauty is in the performance not the astetics.

Because personally I've never thought of any Impreza as being a beautiful car to look at, but driving it is a different story.

20. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Yeah A two door sti sick, just different styling.

21. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Notice that the second rally pic is a Sedan not a Hatch. That I like, can't say the same for the hatch.

22. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

23. Hazzard

Hazzard Member

the second picture on that site is probably really close to what the 2008 will look like, based on the spy photos that i have seen floating around.

of course, the car was heavily camoflaged, but you could get the general idea of it.

24. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

^^^ no resemblance at all :keke:

25. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Even the wheel just one more spoke.

26. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

:eek:hnoes::eek3::eek3::eek3:

27. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I hope that Subaru eventually comes out with a STi wagon...Now I would be all over that....in black.....

Mark

28. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

29. Deke

Deke Active Member

They're so damn good at disguising bodylines! Haha I don't know, I'm going to be extremely dissapointed if it's only offered in a hatch. I figured that when I get out of school and got a real job that an STI might be the first car I buy for myself. But not if that's all they have to offer...

Looks like I'll just have to start working harder so I can get myself a skyline.

30. Alex

I hadnt heard that they were going to drop the name...

31. Alex

Ah, look familiar?

[​IMG]

I go back to my original statement...Civic Si + Tribeca (and now) + Chrysler Pacifica.

Anyways, I'll be seeing it up close and personal soon enough ;)

32. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

i hope they kept the wide body fenders, damn-it! the crease just blow the side mirrors is my favorite line.

33. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

How is that...you getting a sneak peak somehow?

34. andy251203

andy251203 Member

I have a feeling that it could be similar how Mazda does their 3 series. The sedan will be for the normal non-turbo model and the turbo will only come in a hatch.

The way I see it is that Subaru needs a hatch for the WRC. Everyone else in the WRC (except Mitsubishi, but they haven't had a works team in years) is running hatches. Look at the Citroen C4. It's butt-ugly and it won it's maiden rally. I don't like the hatch look as much as the sedan either, but if that is what performs better, then you have sold me. After all, who buys a Subaru for it's looks?

35. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

I do ...I love the way they look. It's likely a skyline...in a sense...blocky but tough looking!

36. Alex

*shrug*

37. Deke

Deke Active Member

shady bastard..........:D

38. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

are you doing that thing you sort of mentioned at the last install day?

either way...pics dammit

39. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

Yeah that's cold to leave fellow forum member's and especially friends...just hanging'. Dang, can a day go by with out heartbreak. lol.

40. WJM

WJM Banned

Just stop.

The original impreza was just fine. 1992 to 2000. EIGHT (8) years. Now its new every 2. What is this? Verizon-SUBARU now?

41. Alex

From what Ive been told, the car should be at the NY show within a few months, and the WRX should be in dealerships by August if I remember correctly. STi is scheduled to arrive in Jan of next year. It is my opinion that the new wrx will not be all that & a bag of chips looking. In order to obtain larger market share Subaru is going after the mainstream...(Business is business whether you like it or not--even with Subaru). The STI, aesthetics wise, is rumored to be leaps and bounds beyond the WRX. And yes, Subaru has considered changing the name, but nothing (and I believe it never will) is set in stone. There's a good bit of confusion primarily because the Impreza WRX STi is three seperate models. I can buy an impreza, I can buy a WRX or I could buy a STi. Any non-subaru junkie doesnt really understand the difference and its causing some confusion. But that's all I know.

Here's a tid bit of information to key you in on maybe why Subaru is going for larger market share...
    Subaru currently retains 2% market-share of the US car market.
    Subaru imports something like 140,000 cars a year...25k or so which are the WRX & STi.
    Comparibly, GM could sneeze and have 140,000 cars come out, yet GM doesnt profit...odd isnt it.

You can see the numbers and you can understandibly see why they would want to improve them. The Subaru brand image has never once been associated with a mainstream Japanese car company. Before the WRX in the US, a good bit of people had (a) never heard of them (b) thought they were a car for geeks. The bugeye and the teardrop are arguably styled in the traditional Japanese fashion. Im not talking Honda here. Subaru was known for its odd shapes and designs. Case in point? Look at the s201 electra in my avatar...Now, with the introduction of the 2006, the newly designed WRX and STi have outsold all previous model years in the United States. Its funny, because I was extremely adverse to the whole airplane deal when they first came out. It would not surpise me that the average consumer will see the new Impreza line as much more of a (accepted) mainstream Japanese performance vehicle. Yes, look at the mazda 3 hatches, etc.

So what about Subaru's marketing? They are a smaller company and are extremely risk adverse. They are not throwing heaps of money at TV campaigns and such, esp when new statisitcs are showing people are watching less and less tv, listening to less and less radio, etc. Advertising is in a new grey area, most firms are playing with how to truly tap into people again. The 18-24s and such are internet saavy, but are extremely unlikely to click on ads on the internet (generally its been found they click on less ads than older demographics). Anyways, Ive "heard" they hired 2 new marketing gurus and I can say that I am excited to see what they churn out.

Cheers,

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2007
  42. Alex

That's still up in the air at that point.

Oh, and they're bringing the new SWRT car out with the new wrx in NY.

43. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I want to see some actual pics not just photoshopped pics that have been floating around. I imagine its going to be like the last couple facelifts, everybody will bitch about the new look, somebody will talk about how they should bring back the GC look, then it will grow on everybody.

44. Hazzard

Hazzard Member

is anyone following the threads in the news and rumors section over on Nasioc?
    i know it is just rumors so far, but Subaru might be keeping a turbo sedan for the us only. guess we will find out in the next couple of months.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1190101

45. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

As I've stated before, I'm trying not to fear change... I hated the 06' body style when it first came out, then I bought one! Now I like it better than the previous years... But I will NOT by a hatch-back, and WILL be buying an EVO as my next car(be it 2011) if Subaru goes hatch only... I hope someone from Subaru is listening.

46. Alex

Mistu will go hatch at some point would be my guess, esp if this body style outsells the 06-07s. That is, of course, it Mitsu stays in business :p

47. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

48. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

lol, pretty much.

49. RADON

RADON Member