2008 STi Discussion Thread (Please keep all 2008 STi talk in here!)

Discussion in 'General Community' started by josh booth, Oct 24, 2006.

1. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

The other cars you mentioned wouldn't fair any better in a rollover. In fact, there aren't really any stock vehicles on the market that do "well" in rollovers. Subaru's, the Impreza specifically, has been continuously recognized as one of the safest small cars produced. Not saying you shouldn't like other cars, just that you won't find much better in the way of safety...

2. longfury

longfury Active Member

Oh I know. I listed those cause they are what I look at now. I am getting old. I want more comforts.

Its just hard to own or buy a car when you have flashbacks about the accident every time you drive the car and/or see a animal in the road. Even squirrels freaked me out. I know also that I should probably seek professional help with that. :p

3. Demo24

Demo24 Member

well I was not argueing about handling. Granted the evo does at the current moment have the upper hand. However considering how many times this thing went around the Ring, I doubt it's gonna be a slouch in the corners.

I agree on the handling aspect, more important to me as well.

4. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

That roof vent is fugly. :barf:

[​IMG]

equals

[​IMG]

And what the hell is with the license plate under the headlight? Asymmetry is so 1986. :hsnono:

5. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

in some of the pics brian posted up earlier .. the silver one.. it looks like a mazda3 or a 3series wagon

6. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

Here is a photoshop... I would be lying if I said it didn't give me a chubby.. :bowdown::bowdown:

[​IMG]

7. bjtyson3

bjtyson3 Member

looks ok to me i guess..i hated it at first but its growing on me..i seen the new wrc car in subiesport and it looks really good

8. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I definitely want one :)

If anything, these are safer than the previous models by a long shot...the entire cabin has been redesigned in order to support front side and curtain airbags.

9. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

That is the first one I have seen that I actually liked :)

10. Right click. Set as background.

That is very very sharp. Now do one with the gold wheels. :D

11. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

That is unbelievable how much difference having red tail lights makes...

That looks great

12. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Japan gets the cool stuff...

I want the recaros...'

JDM recaros vs US seats

[​IMG]

vs.

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

13. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

another photoshop.. 2 door:

[​IMG]

14. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

I just want recaros and a 13:1 rack

15. BelvnAWD

Are we sure those are the US Spec seats? There is little to no side bolstering. Being a fat nation sucks ass!

16. Demo24

Demo24 Member

yeah, those are the standard seats. The Recaros are optional everywhere else. Sadly we won't get that option.

17. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Both pics are RHD though

18. Demo24

Demo24 Member

doesnt matter. Look at the options page for section 'seats'. Theres 3 different seats. 2 different versions of those low bolster ones which is going to all countries. The recaros are options everywhere else.

19. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Gotcha. Thanks.

20. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Last edited: Oct 12, 2007
  21. Alex

I'm diggin this thing :)

22. Demo24

Demo24 Member

[​IMG]

some interesting changes in there. No more STI painted intercooler:(

However of more interest is the air intake. New place for the MAF(looks smaller as well), and that tube looks bigger.

23. heathbar

heathbar Member

eh, it's okay I guess. I don't hate it...

24. Deke

Deke Active Member

I must admit after the photoshop the sti is starting to grow on me, the only reason really being the fenders. I still think they could of done much much better (like a completely different rear end). And I still think the WRX looks about as cool as a bag of dicks (sorry 08 wrx drivers on here).

I'm going to start biting my tongue on these things though because obviously I'm going to be seeing them from here on out, and I certainly don't want to make anyone sour.

It just makes me sad :(

25. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

26. EJ25RUN

EJ25RUN New Member

i feel like just the 06/07 won people over the 09 sti will do the same

27. KtownSubaru

KtownSubaru Member

28. WJM

WJM Banned

2008 'Impreza' STi released in JAPAN

Found over on NASIOC.

Discuss.

29. currently, I'm digging through my couch for lost change...

short version: I want one!!!

edit: I'll tell you what though... the "commercials" under that second banner are booooooooriiiiiiiiing. Maybe in Japan they get excited about watching a grandma driving in the rain weaving - but I sure dont.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2007
  30. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

31. Alex

Damnit. I want one.

32. Jewels450

Jewels450 Member

wow that's sexy, :bowdown:

33. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Not sure I like it yet.

34. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

IMO I think the pics and videos wont do it justice. Just like when the new 08's came out in pictures I was like gross! But the seeing one in person I was like meh Id hit it.

35. flip

flip Member

I think the front is sexy. I've never liked hatches tho so it'll have to grow on me...

36. BelvnAWD

Anyone know if the rear seats fold down? If so, this will be my next car (in 6 years or so...)

37. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Love the front, love the interior.. Still hate the rear. I did warm up to the wrx a bit when I saw one in person but still WAY prefered the 08' sedan to the hatch. Really wishing they would reconsider and make an 08 or 09 STI sedan.......

38. WJM

WJM Banned

The problem is that the rest of the world has ZERO interest in the 'sedan' and 'coupe' body styles. They all want '5 door' or 'sport wagon-hatch back' type cars now.

Since the demand for the sedan was high enough in the USA to justify building the 2008 'Impreza' sedan...they built it. However, there will be no 'sedan' for 2009 and beyond for the 'Impreza' platform. I expect the Legacy to follow soon as it will become the size of the Tribeca and the Tribeca will become even bigger.

39. N2BNLOW

N2BNLOW Member

I love the wheels.

40. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

love it. completely sexy.

41. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

im impressed ... thats my next car..but il wait till 09 till all the bugs are worked out...

Last edited: Oct 24, 2007
  42. savsuby

savsuby Member

I love it

43. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

Looks great, i'm glad they fixed the rear chrome problem. Omfg sick wheels *drool*
    However,still all i see is Mazda Cx7, crossover minivan thing. Need sedan plz.

44. They do.

in one of the videos, it shows them folding down. it also has a center "drink/food tray" between the two rear seats.

45. Biggis

Biggis Member

Just too cool:ddirty:

My god those things will fly off the lots i'm thinking.

46. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

Still think it looks ugly. May perform brilliantly but the 08's are the ugliest Impreza's yet in my book.

47. See, when I saw all the pictures of the '08 WRX, I didn't think it looked too bad..... the sedan was ugly, but the 5-door looked ok...... then I saw a couple in person and I lost all interest..... I thought, "someone put a hoodscoop on a Mazda....." Subaru was right when they said they were marketing an older client base; there is very little to make the new WRX seem aggressive or sport..... it's just soft and rounded and..... dull.....

That being said, the new STi is on the right track..... it's what the WRX should've been, for the most part...... it doesn't stir me enough to make me really want one though..... but Subaru's styling has always left much to be desired..... long live the GC8! :D

*cough* new Evo looks hot *cough*

48. AK_Raptor

AK_Raptor Member

+1:)

49. techlord

techlord Active Member

ugly...thats it

50. BelvnAWD

For Subaru's the uglier they are, the better they perform! Also, supposed to be the premier of a new world platform (or some such) at NAIAS this year, anyone have any info??