2013 Audi S4 - Insider on the outside

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by Strayen, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

Well most of you old people know me. I had a 2006 WRX Limited which I bought new from SOG. Many years laters and many upgrades later, I traded it in for a Red 2009 Audi S5 (v8 engine) in August of 2012. This was a used car still under original factory warranty, but not a CPO car.

Long story short, I had several issues with the S5 which the dealer did not mention to me. I also was getting sick of the 12MPG I was getting from home to work. This month, December 2012, I posted some negative reviews of the dealership and the owner contacted me to see what he could do to take care of my issue. Initially the owner was not involved but his Sales Manager was. The owner tells me he had cleaned house and the sales manager and the sales agent were no longer with the company.

He gave me the option to trade in my S5 without loss of any money and put it towards any car on his lot, new or used. So I went there today, December 22, 2012, and test drove a CPO 2010 S5 and a 2013 New S4. I didn't like the S5 because it was cabriolet and was the base without the added options like drive select, push start, and some others.

So I worked with the owner and we struck a deal for the brand new S4. This begins the story of my Audi and me, an ex-Subbie owner among all these Subarus.

** Post #1 is for the story. Following posts will have pictures. **

Specs of the S4:

Engine Specifications
    Arrangement Front Mounted - Longitudinal
    Bore 3.33 in. [84.5 mm]
    Stroke 3.50 in. [89 mm]
    Type 3.0 liter supercharged, DOHC V6 gasoline engine with dual intercoolers, FSI direct injection and variable valve timing
    Displacement 3.0 liter [182.8 cu. in. 2995 cc]
    Fuel Requirement Premium unleaded
    Compression Ratio 10:3:1
    Horsepower 333hp @ 5500 rpm
    Torque 325 lb-ft. @ 2900 rpm
    Performance
    0-60 MPH 4.9 sec.

Transmission Seven-speed dual-clutch S tronic® transmission with Audi quattro® all-wheel drive

Front Differential Electronically locking (EDL)
    Center Differential Self-locking center differential
    Rear Differential Electronically locking (EDL)

Brakes System Dual-circuit brake system with diagonal split, Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Electronic Brake pressure Distribution (EBD) and Electronic Stabilization Control (ESC); tandem brake booster
    Front, Size and Type 13.6 in. [345 mm] Ventilated disc
    Rear, Size and Type 13.0 [330 mm] Ventilated disc

Tires 19" 5-segment-spoke-design alloy wheels with 255/35 summer performance tires

Options
    Audi MMI Navigation plus package
    1 CD/DVD-player & HD radio
    HDD Navi with voice control
    Color driver information system
    MMI "high" control panel
    Audi parking system plus with rearview camera
    Audi connect with online services
    T-Mobile internet connection with 3yr service (can be used as a Wifi Hotspot for 8 devices in the car)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  2. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

**Reserved**

Lets see if this works....

The red S5 is my old car and next to it is the new Ibis White S4. 10miles when I test drove it, 18 when I finished.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Diggin the steering wheel.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  3. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

**Reserved2**

**Reserved2**

4. mokinbird87

mokinbird87 Active Member

nice! my bro recently got an 09 TT and i must say, DSG really works well in these cars

5. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

that thing is beyond gorgeous

i always have had a soft spot for audis

6. Very cool about the owner contacting you about it and not going the normal "get mad and get even" route that a lot of businesses do.
    Good looking car! Love that steering wheel too.

7. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

LOVE that car! Which dealership was this at?

8. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

Russell??. Who's that?

I've already been hitting him up to visit APR ;)

Nice car Russ.

9. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

If you do need anything from APR, let me know. I might know a few folks down there:)

10. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

It was in columbia, SC

11. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

Audi Columbia

The owner worked hard to change my mind about his dealership and he got rid of the bad apples who were there in August. The owner's name is Jason.