2014 auto cross inquiry

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by kohlby777, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

Getting there early and watching other like car's braking points and different lines really helps you think about it before you get to that element the next time.

2. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

Working first and running 2nd helps out ALOT with this sort of thing as well.

I love working first...

3. Millhouse04

Millhouse04 Member

Another thing if you are in the afternoon heats (3 and 4), get there early and get ride alongs.
    I find it does not matter much about the performance of the car. Just being able to see the course at any speed helps me.

4. Millhouse04

Millhouse04 Member

5. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

My wife and I have signed up, I need to correct the car and class information though.

I think it took, but I need motorsports reg to update the attendee list first.

6. bluedestiny

bluedestiny Supporting Member

Unfortunatlely, Aniversary plans took this next event off the table, planning on the next one after however.

7. Holc13WRX

Holc13WRX Supporting Member

It was good to make it out to the event today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

Get any pictures of 25 STU \ STUL?

Boy that was a fun course.

Darn you millhouse!! lol Good run man

9. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Was good to get down there and see that the region is being run by respectable, upstanding people. One of the reasons I stopped years ago was because it was run by self righteous assholes. It definitely didn't appear to be the case yesterday!

Granted, I only spectated, and we'll see if I ever get back out there. Maybe. :)

10. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

Great to see so many Subarus out and about this Sunday. That was a fast course, I really love Turner over the other venues. Thanks for the picts! It was cool to finally meet up.

We kind of "rolled" our right front fender somewhere on course yesterday. It was going to happen sooner or later riding so low. Oh well, because Race Car :ddirty: At least my girl did it and not me :)

11. Holc13WRX

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

This is a true statement. Things have changed and it's a much "looser" crowd these days. It's about having fun with other folks and their cars. They've replaced the timing system this year, so there will a lot less interruptions with the flow of the events.

But, never let some assholes get in your way of enjoying yourself. That's my life lesson for the day ;)

13. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

There is no point in being a douche about anything, its good clean fun even if you "lose". You cant lose though if you are improving your driving skills and having fun. Friendly compeition never hurts though.

14. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

AWESOME! Thanks for the pictures!

Every time my wife drives, the photographers always take pictures with her driving...

15. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

I know what you mean ;)

16. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

17. Millhouse04

Millhouse04 Member

Randy, if I remember right, Laraine has the white helmet?
    Looks like she is close to getting that front tire off the ground

It was nice to meet some of you guys out there, even if you where not driving. I have a hard time making out to the bi-weekly stuff.

18. Matt

19. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

Matt I totally missed you yesterday... My bad.

20. Matt

I wasn't there for very long. I got there just before the start of the afternoon group and left around 2:45. I had to go pick up the girlfriend from the airport.

I think I saw your car sitting there...it was quite...purple-y in the sun!

21. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

It looks even more purple in the sun with those gold wheels on it... lol

22. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

I know, right?

23. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

Yeah, she's #122. It use to pick the inside rear wheel up a lot. The 25/27 sways fixed that.

Do you have a vid you can post with your rear quarter camera? I want to see what that angle gives you. I'm happy with the iPhone mount I picked up, one day I'll brave it and mount it outside the car.

24. Khionê

Khionê Member

Nice picture!!! By any chance you get the 2011 white wrx 9 DS?

25. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

26. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

27. Matt

damn, that sucks.

28. Holc13WRX

No I didn't :sad: ... I got there late. I don't believe I even saw your car run.

If your wrx is the white with gold rpf1s? (I believe), it looks good!

29. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

Why did we lose the lot? Just curious.

As much as it sucks that we lost that lot, there are quite a few people that HATED that lot and didnt come to events there due to the dips in it.

Those dates actually work out better for me anyway, I got a BUNCH of yard work to do.

30. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

Sounded good to. Which Nameless exhaust do you have on there?

31. Matt

It's in the link he posted.

32. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

Yep, check linky.

I was going to miss the 4/12 event, so it's works out for me. I thought Tuner was smoother, but my fender says other wise.

33. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

The gravel at turner was "interesting" to say the least.

If you watch my 3rd run right before the big hair pin I hit a gravel patch and I instantly turn into a ken block want-to-be.

34. Holc13WRX

HAHA :rofl: I know exactly what your talking about. I was watching that run.

35. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

I am glad you enjoyed it lol

That gravel patch foiled my best run, that run was 62. something even with the asshatery.

36. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

The circus put some huge holes into the surface and the asphalt repairs they did weren't very permanent.

37. Matt

assholes..

38. Holc13WRX

Yeah that is super obnoxious. When I rode with Giani the assphalt was all over the place... Hard braking + gravel + hair pin don't go together well. Props to everyone that I saw out there. A lot of good driving out there from the wrx/sti/brz crew.

39. Millhouse04

Millhouse04 Member

Yeah, it takes me a while sometimes to get them up:
    http://youtu.be/jMy1cXMT6cc

Do you know what happened? if it on the forum I haven't gotten to it yet :eek3:
    I like either lot. There is no such a thing as the perfect lot that is going to please everyone.

40. Khionê

Khionê Member

That's cool, yea I have white with gold rpf1. Thanks

Thanks too, I running the cat back exhaust with the muffler deletes. I really do like the exhaust. The mid pipe comes in 3 pieces so you can really get the fitment right.

That hair pin turn messed me up. I couldn't hit it right. Hopefully I can post my runs ups. That stinks we lost the lot. I kind of like the bumps... Always made it very interesting! Lol. Turner is closer :) so it's nice that I won't use up as much gas.

41. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

Interesting. I need to check out different mounting options. I want to see my front fender clearances, or lack there of, with a video.

42. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

I mount mine in the rear trianglar glass piece, but being a 2005 you dont have one of them.

I also have a much larger more serious mount compared to the one that comes with the go pro camera. It will hold about a 15 pound camera or so, and as long as you dont put it over a sticker it will stay on the car. I've had it on the outside at about 120mph.

43. Khionê

Khionê Member

It's nice to see what lines everyone takes. Get to see how much I jacked up my turns. Lol. Hopefully I can get some time this weekend to post my runs up.

The Duke it was nice to meet you and your wife. You guys are Lucky that your wife's come out and race/help out. I'm hoping one day my will want to come out and run too.

44. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

I'm trying to remember, has she been out at all?
    She can work one of those comfy trailer jobs. Timing always needs help if she wants to dig in. The kids can work waivers, the whole family can chip in! ;)

Seriously though, I signed Laraine up for a Novice School first. Not a race. It let her see what the draw is, but she's über competitive so there's that.

45. Millhouse04

Millhouse04 Member

That is what my wife does. I am still trying to course her into driving one of these days.

Randy I did not see you mention the new classing that we have to officer or did I miss it?

46. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

My wife does the whole, I want to be on the same corner as hubby so I can watch for cars while hubby runs down the cones... lol

47. bluedestiny

bluedestiny Supporting Member

Signed up for Points 4, tomorrow at Turner Field. See you there.

48. Khionê

Khionê Member

Sadly I will not be there. I be with my family watching my kids get a sugar rush all day long!!!! :)

49. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

I had a terrible time with that course. It was an awesome day, but very frustrating course.

50. Superdude

Superdude Active Member