2014 auto cross inquiry

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by kohlby777, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

We finally signed up.

Went down to Dixie Reg this Sunday to get some concrete runs in.
    1. Great Folks down there in Moultrie.
    2. Concrete is grippy :)
    3. 6 Runs
    4. They give out a plaque for the winner of each group :ddirty:
    5. AllPro got my car running right again.
    6. I think I broke something else under the car. It rattles. :squint:

2. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

Does your wife blame you for the reason you cant have nice things? haha

I am looking forward to this weekend.

3. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

Did you just call my car nice? Awe, you're so sweet :pssh:

I'm excited, too. Driving the RX8 really showed me how sloppy I've been driving. I just need to slow it down more in the turns, and move the car as little as possible. I've been struggling with the coil-overs not rotating for me, but they're really not suppose to. So, slower and less distance is faster then understeer and loss of momentum. We'll see how that works for me this weekend.

Just hope the concrete didn't spoil me with grip levels.

4. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

So I took my car in the other day because it was pulling left...

Front and Rear toe on the left side ALL out of wack. I had toe in on the rear and ALOT of toe out in the front.

I wonder if that was part of my problem the last a couple of events...

5. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

i wonder if that happened at the ralleycross you did?

Wait, was that even you, Duke?

6. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

Nope I dont do rally x.

Honestly I blame road construction in my area for it.

7. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

Woohoo we offically have an event on saturday!

8. 06Scoobaru

06Scoobaru New Member

I can't make Saturday. But do dirty cars get a tech sticker? And make it to grid? :eek:hnoes:

9. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

They give me a tech sticker everytime... lol

Sometimes it doesnt stick to well because of the dirtyness...

10. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

So I was looking at the anti-lift kits that Miles, James, and I were discussing after sunday's event...

It looks like the regular Whiteline anti-lift for '08+ is legal, but I keep reading on the google that they are prone to failure...

Whiteline and Perrin both make a "race" version of the same kit but it looks to be an metal "bushing". Which would be STU illegal due to metal content.

Thoughts?

11. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

When is the next beginner/novice event? I've never been to and autox but looking forward to trying it out!

12. Millhouse04

Millhouse04 Member

We won't have another novice only school till next year, but we have a novice portion at each points event. The next points event is the last one of the year, it is September 27 at Atlanta Motorspeedway. Registration typical opens 1-2 weeks before.

this may be a good read too

13. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

Well, it's almost time. Nationals are around the corner.

I wanted to give a HUGE thanks to AllPro for getting my aging car ready for 1) A national level event and 2) A long ass trip from here to Iowa to Nebraska and back to the ATL.

She needed a lot of love to get ready for the cross-country trip and AllPro found all the little gremlins that might have slowed us down. The car's in the best STX form it's been in a year or so. Hopefully we have a trophy or 2 to share with them. I'll try and post up how it all went. The WRXatl FB might be the best place to post up picts and final results.

Cheers folks, have a fun and safe Labor Day weekend! Thanks again to ALL that helped pull this off.

14. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

Good luck! :clap:

15. Millhouse04

Millhouse04 Member

Good luck you 2! When is your heat?

16. 06Scoobaru

06Scoobaru New Member

I missed the last two events. Due to work and Mexico. But what's the class rotation for P10, st street am or pm?

17. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

If I am remembering correctly, I think ST ran in the morning for P9... So we should be running in the afternoon.

18. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

How did Mexico keep you from coming out? You try to bring in a gun? :naughty:

19. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

20. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

Last 2 events! Bring it now to get your last chance at Auto-X until next March.

21. Millhouse04

Millhouse04 Member

I will be there Saturday, but Sunday the wify is getting baptized.

22. allstar71

allstar71 New Member

I wish I could make it. Actually totaled my sti....not my fault

23. Millhouse04

Millhouse04 Member

Oh dang, that sucks!! I have been there before, it is not fun.

24. kohlby777

kohlby777 Member

Motor is still out of my bigeye but I'm going to try and make it if I can

25. 06Scoobaru

06Scoobaru New Member

My ZII will arrive tom. Hope to get them on the car by Monday. But I have outkast tickets for Saturday. I need to scuff them up.

26. bluedestiny

bluedestiny Supporting Member

Signing up shortly ;)

27. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

It's sad that next weekend is the end of the season.

28. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

Ya it is... why can autox be year round... Its not like we get snow or anything down here...

29. b reel

b reel Active Member

Well pay attention to what Jim Downing is planning for the old Lanier Raceway...

30. Cb7tuner

Cb7tuner New Member

I'll be out there Saturday in my wrx with my buddy in his Evo X for both of our first autocross events. I can't wait! If any of you guys want to ride with me to give me pointers or if I can get a ride along with you that would be awesome :) Here's my car just got done changing all the fluids to motul and rotella, hope to meet some of you guys
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

31. 06Scoobaru

06Scoobaru New Member

Do you work for delta? This car looks like one I see a few days a week. But your ride says frs and a boosted white frs used to sit where I see this car.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  32. Cb7tuner

Cb7tuner New Member

Yep that's me! I sold the frs due to my growing family and the need for 4 doors and picked up the wrx. I'm in dept 411 paint hanger if your ever in the area. You wouldn't happen to own that white 11-14 sti hatch would you?

33. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

Are you Whatever210's buddy? I've been talking to him via 240atlanta now for a week or so.

Feel free to come by for a ride. I'll be down there both days this weekend.

34. Cb7tuner

Cb7tuner New Member

Yessir! That's me. Whatever210 and I both live like 10 min from the track. We should grab some food and drinks afterwards or something

35. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

I had such fun this year... Its quite sad that its over.

Let the prepping for next year begin...

I took 1 picture as a sort of badge of merit... I looped my car for the first time over the weekend...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  36. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

Yeah, it's a bummer it's done. I'll keep up with other close by regions and post them here.
    Laraine took 1st this year, which is awesome. My girl can drive ;) I finished 2nd. She beat me by 0.4 points and I managed 2nd by only 0.62 over 3rd. STX is going to be a tough class next year.
    STU is getting tough, too. It's great to see the class growing 1st and 2nd were only 4.65pts apart.
    Good times!

37. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

Miles took 1st on saturday by .076 seconds on saturday... I was 2.5 sceond behind. STU is going to be VERY fun next year. :naughty:

Now you just need an STU car to come join us with... :squint:

38. Millhouse04

Millhouse04 Member

I wish I have the funds to get coilovers for next year :naughty: it would makes things very interesting.
    Though I might have to settle for some cheaper upgrades for the off season :eek:hnoes:

39. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

Maybe...
    3 Series (E9x chassis, NOC incl. M3) (2006-13)

40. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

They do have a pretty spiffy twin turbo model in there somewhere... LOTS of power... lol

I just did my BS vs STU PAX CoC modifier math...

I got 9th in BOR with STU. Had I signed up in BS, which I should have done in hindsight, I would have finished 5th. Big stupid grin on my face...

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  41. Cb7tuner

Cb7tuner New Member

Well my first event was pretty fun, I'll definitely be back next season.

42. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

I saw you out there, but Saturday was a pretty important day for us. I had to keep my head in the game. Your car in is sexy in person for sure! That white Evo looked great, too.

I'll come say hello next time I see you out.

43. Cb7tuner

Cb7tuner New Member

Thanks man, yea over the winter I'm gonna focus on getting a stock boost tune for the accessport on autox days, some sticky 245 tires and some sway bars. Gonna try the STU class next year for shits and giggles

44. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

:banana:

STU is gonna be a blast next year...

45. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

The tire width may change for 2015. I'd hold off as long as you can just to be sure. But, right now the Dunlop ZII's are THE tire for our heavy cars.

Sways are a must, although, it's a personal preference. On my WRX is run 27mm front and 29 rear with heavy duty endlinks and mounts. Whiteline is the one of the best plug-n-play for auto-x suspension parts.

46. Cb7tuner

Cb7tuner New Member

Nice, I have been looking at the whiteline sway bar kits they seem to be the best bang for the buck. Oh and where would I find the info on tires for 2015 when it becomes available?

47. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

I would say come feb. or so there will be a 2015 rule book published. I'll be checking it periodically so I'll post it up when I see it.

I am hoping that move the tire width to a 265. There are ALOT more tire options at that width than there is a 255. I dont have my hopes to high though since they felt like it was fair to let the 2wd cars use a 285 in STU this year...

As far as sway bars go because you have a hatch and the hatches rotate better from the phat ass on it, you'll want a more equal sway bar setup.

48. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

You can check here for current rules, but they'll be post on this page sooner or later. Mid-Feb is a good guess.
    http://www.solomatters.com/rules

Oh, and Duke & Millhouse are the guys to ask for STU set-ups. They both have similar cars.

49. Millhouse04

Millhouse04 Member

yeah I have 24 perrin on the front and stocker on the rear. I am thinking of going to a 22 in the rear, but after points 10 and some minor tire changes, I think I am going to stay with the stock rear till I get some coil overs.

Factory boost tunes are easy with racetuner and OTS maps; what year is your car?

50. Cb7tuner

Cb7tuner New Member

2013, and this is the setup.....k&n typhoon short ram intake, invidia catless downpipe, spt catback, grimspeed 3 port boost solenoid