2014 auto cross inquiry

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by kohlby777, Jan 13, 2014.

1. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

Ooooo that downpipe isnt STU legal...

2. Millhouse04

Millhouse04 Member

hmmmm, I am not sure if you already know, I recall seeing something though, but the catless DP and solenoid with have be changed as they are not legal for ST_.:naughty:

3. Cb7tuner

Cb7tuner New Member

Crap, well novice it is then!! Lol

4. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

You won't be competitive at first, the driver mod still needs some work ;)
    Ask the STU guys nicely and see if they mind, knowing that there are a few things that knock you out of class. Now, if you start beating them, they might speak up.

5. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

I know I wont care, except if you beat me...

Honestly, the amount of power that you would be making with the catless DP and boost seliniod(sp?) mod isnt going to make that big of a difference.

Tires, susp., and driver are going to make more difference than 10-20whp. Its not going to a bit of good if you are understeering off line every corner.

I know the dude in the grey WRX that ran with us for a couple of events was running a 19psi tune, but was on stock wheels, 235 wide RE101 brigdestones, and had RCE black springs on was still a second back. He beat me once, but that was my own damn fault. I was driving like a tool that day.

6. Cb7tuner

Cb7tuner New Member

Yea, I only opted for a catless downpipe because I've had to many aftermarket cats go out on me after a while and cause problems and the sound is great to. The boost solenoid on the other hand is just to keep my boost more steady compared to the factory unit. The 3 port helps to eliminates boost creep and spikes from what I've read

7. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

Ya the factory isnt that great, everytime I punch it my boost spikes to 16-17 pounds and then drops back to 15 where its supposed to be.

There is still a precat in the up pipe somewhere so it isnt going to make that big of a difference.

My downpipe question would be if you did op for a divorced downpipe, can the divorced section join the pipe after the cat? For example:

[​IMG]

8. Millhouse04

Millhouse04 Member

oh, but boost creep is what you want in ST_. As long as your maps are tuned for it, it is not a bad thing. I know I have hit 16-17 PSI before. When I get all my engine mods, I will have a protune up to 20ish PSI, and have them tune in boost creap with factory boost maps :naughty: