2014 sti?

Discussion in 'Meta' started by got rice?, May 9, 2013.

1. got rice?

got rice? New Member

found this link on Google. Like the look better than what everyone was showing! But! How do you guys feel abt the 2.0?

<a href="http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://24.media.tumblr.com/c00bc97c2ab2ae434c6ca79b416ba3da/tumblr_mhvzitSDF71qa0efto1_1280.jpg&imgrefurl=http://helloimd4nny.net/post/42563913381/2014-sti-omglob-back-to-2-0-liter-turbo-though&h=612&w=612&sz=112&tbnid=TGDdv08su-FkEM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=90&prev=/search%3Fq%3D2014%2BSTI%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=2014+STI&usg=__AilRcoTVqDM-lMKZiyece2BAHT0=&docid=uiG5dQzaG1UV2M&hl=en&sa=X&ei=ByKLUc_2HIWM0QHLuoGgBw&ved=0CFAQ9QEwBg&dur=7841">Click Here</a>

2. got rice?

got rice? New Member

feel like i dont know how to do hyper links :(

3. Electioneer

Electioneer Member

4. EJ1210

EJ1210 Member

Doesn't look all that bad compared to the original photos. Wish I could see the front here.

5. outbacksprt

outbacksprt Member

it cracks me up honestly that everyone is so worried about the 2.0L showing up in the STI. Everyone is sitting here thinking that oh you can't beat the 2.5L block it was the best. WRONG! the 2.5L block was out dated the block had been used for way to many years and it's just going back under the knife anyways. Subaru hasn't gotten rid of the 2.5L block they are just going back to the drawing board if you will.

The new 2.0 block is the same thats coming in the new FXT's just slightly different interals and of course the bigger turbo and what not that comes with STI's. With it being Chain driven and all the VVT and supposedly bringing back the VVL. (variable valve timing and Variable Valve lift). your going to see torque ranges skyrocket when getting tunes done. With all the stuff showing up on the 2.0s now a days and the technology coming out with the ECM and everything coming with them your just increasing HP and longevity.

We've seen researches already out there with boosted BRZ's running 18lbs of boost and are taking it like it's nothing. not to mention with the new chain drives and as much as Subaru over engineers everything all this is just going to completely mean STI's and WRX's are going to rule the roads again. Evo's are going to have to work harder to keep up. Yes Subaru is usually the last one to throw stuff out there, but subaru does years of testing and they wouldn't release it if it didn't work. I mean come on you have a BRZ running 12:1 compression in a 4 cyl. pushing 200 hp. 100hp per liter or 50hp per cylinder. I can see nothing but awesome things to come out of the 2.0L but you know theres gonna be idiots out there who are gonna do the bore and stroker kit and keep it 10.5:1 and go boosted while trying to make the chain drive a 2.5L. I mean if you seriously wanna weaken the walls and you wanna come see me at work after you've blown a piston through the wall. go for it.:rofl:

6. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

Good riddance to the 2.5's. I love Subaru, but the 2.5L turbo was just a half-assed attempt at passenger vehicle motor IMHO.

7. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

It looks like a civic shell

8. Dheim96

Dheim96 Member

9. salimjim

salimjim Member

Is there going to be a hatchback?