2015 AutoX Thread

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by ~The_Duke~, Feb 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

2. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

Subscribed!

We're headed out on Sunday to get the tent ready for all the other ATL folks. We go through and pick up the free furniture all around Lincoln and we make a giant outdoor living room in the parking lot. It's pretty dope. Last year I made a smoker out of fire bricks, cinder blocks, chicken wire and raw iron poles. We cooked a 60lb pig for everyone. Not sure what's in-store for 2015.

3. bstuke

bstuke Member

Tranny done, trying to get it installed and back end together. Pro in the morning and then Glagola and I are doing suspension tuning in the afternoon.

4. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

Pretty good resource there... LSD in?

5. bstuke

bstuke Member

in!

6. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

You missed one of the fastest/best courses we've had in years. I was almost on redline (8500k @ 69mph) twice. The opening sweepers were on par with a National course.

And if you were there early in the day with the rain, you got to watch Jay show us how a WRX was meant to be driven. Epic.

Jeffery, you cheated running in the dry :ddirty: Just kidding...

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  7. bstuke

bstuke Member

Rain = No Bueno..

8. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

haha, and despite the drying conditions, I still managed to cross the finish sideways and take out most of the left side of the finish box :p

9. bstuke

bstuke Member

Thank you for NOT taking out a timer. Laraine will kick your ass if you do, and we will cheer her on..

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  10. crazyazn

yah i thought i did because right after i got out of the box, people ran to the timing gate and started fiddling with it. Fortunately it wasn't me and it was the timing lights acting up as usual

11. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

That was such a fun course. It wasnt my day... but holy hell was it fun. lol

Here are my 4 runs. 3 and 4 are quite entertaining to watch. On #3 watch the poor corner worker.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLd4QntaLwpuZcK1BBuNJTSE4KyrXzxCAm

That first straight after the opening slalom you could carry SOOOOO much speed through there. I was about 400 rpm from red line in 3rd on my 4th run...

12. bstuke

bstuke Member

13. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

If you lifted a half sec earlier, that line was perfect. You carried just a hair too much speed, you had to give that second steering input that sent the rear around.

That poor corner work was running a lot. They ran away ever time I came around the corner :naughty: I'm gonna need some tires soon...

14. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

Oh I was pushing toward the cone hardcore on the throttle which is why I lifted. I speared it, started to spin it after changing directions. I got alil practice at pitching the car though.

The other thing is that I dropped the tire pressures in the rear another 2 PSI and approached that at the same speed the next run and it worked great.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  15. Holc13WRX

Holc13WRX Supporting Member

lmao... FS thread coming soon

16. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

:|

17. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

I already have one up for wheels so I don't up owning 4 sets:naughty:

18. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

Yeah, I see a FS season happening in 2016. I tried not to let temptation win, but the M3 is too much fun NOT to run. It makes me look like I know what I'm doing out there. 56.xxx is pretty fast for a 3700lbs 4-door porker on DWs. The 2015 Mustang was getting down to a 55.7xx with RE71s. I think that's was doable for me on Sunday with real rubber on the ground. Although lighting up the rear to make the last 120° before the finish (or any of the turns) was a blast.

19. Millhouse04

Millhouse04 Member

RESULTS are up:

http://atlantascca.com/events/solo/results/

http://atlantascca.com/Files/results/Solo/2015/p08-fin.htm
    http://atlantascca.com/Files/results/Solo/2015/p08-pro.htm
    http://atlantascca.com/Files/results/Solo/2015/p08-raw.htm
    http://atlantascca.com/Files/results/Solo/2015/p08-pax.htm

That was 1 of my top fav. corse yet. I am sure getting almost all the way thru 3rd had a little to do with it:naughty:
    I so wish I had my gopro (afraid of it getting wet), all the corner works running. I must have been behind a cone killer.

20. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

Hate that I had to miss the event at AMS... :( Apparently I have no good luck from eating out within 24 hours of any type of motorsports event there. :rofl: :|

I'll be at Atlanta Dragway on Sunday, though.

21. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

So, you guys let a girl that's never driven an STI before beat you?
    :keke:

22. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

No comment... lol

That car is set up so well any of us could have climbed in there and done fairly well...

Not discounting her driving skills at all because she had some great runs.

23. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

Josh has built one of the best STU cars out there. I'm hoping he takes 1st in Nats. That's a great to run against to give you a baseline of Nationally competitive build. You guys held your own. I'm having fun. :drool:

24. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

I hope he wins to since he's a cool guy that built a badass machine. Plus getting beat by National Champ doesn't hurt my feelings as much. Lol

Miles and I aren't even close to prepped either. :ddirty:

25. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

I haven't talked/seen Josh since before I moved to Houston back in '13... Was surprised to see his car in Jeff's pics!

26. crazyazn

Yeah that STI was awesome to watch run. Made me realize how much more suspension setup is needed to get a STI dialed in.

If I had a trailer I would definitely run the camber and toe settings on that car.

27. Millhouse04

Millhouse04 Member

Did you get get setup info from him:naughty:? I meant to ask him what shocks and spring rates he ran, to see if I was close in my ideas.

If Josh wins STU, or even 2nd or 3rd for that matter, I will feel really good about how close I was able to get. I saw on FB that he had made some changes since the Match Tour (which was the last time I saw him). So now that I am a 1 second closer, also makes me feel better about the changes I have made since the Match Tour.

28. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

^ Once upon a time it was some used JRZs he picked up off NASIOC with crazy high rates, like 9k+. I don't know if he's changed the rates since then.

29. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

He likes his car set-up like I did. Super heavy springs riding as low as the fenders will accept with 27+mm bar's. Lock the car down and let the AWD do it's thing. It'll rotate on it's nose.

30. Millhouse04

Millhouse04 Member

Well I guess my 12K front and 15k rear might be on par. for the pound/inch croud 672F/840R
    Though with the "locked down" method, I might have to with a higher stretch on the tries; as to get it to slide more.:eek3:

31. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

Really wish I could spring for better suspension than RCE springs on revalved struts... Blah.

32. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

I noticed my RCE yellows giving alil to much specifically on that REALLY fast course a couple weeks ago.

I don't notice as much on the slower courses, but I am sure that I am giving some time away after watching josh's car go through the course.

I am thinking about 500 front 700 rear or so for spring rates after watching that.

33. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

I'm annoyed I was too sick to make that event... :(

If/when I finally move to coilovers, I'll probably have at least 500 rates, depending on which mfg I go with.

34. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

35. DI2009

DI2009 New Member

36. DI2009

DI2009 New Member

Makes me wonder how they compare to the Eibach Pro Kit I installed on my WRX. I thought they Eibachs were pretty stiff but it looks like the RCEs may be even stiffer.

37. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

Time to come out! :D

I'm betting the RCEs are stiffer than the Eibachs, without looking them up. But, with stock struts, the RCEs are very well matched!

38. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

Last event of the year this weekend. Who's in?

How is STU shaking out? Does anyone have it locked in yet? Do we have any DS/STX cars in the ATL this year?

39. ihavefat

ihavefat Member

Randall, are you and Lee driving the ST again this weekend?

40. crazyazn

i think im still in, with partial power steering, so it will be interesting. good thing i'm not even close to being in points contention in SM :p

41. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

I think miles has it locked in, specially if they throw out the Alison and Josh's times from points 8 or 9.

I have to beat James to get 2nd, if he beats me or wins I think he's got 2nd.

If I can convince Katrina to come race instead of pack on Saturday it will be Ilya and her battle for 4th.

42. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

Nope. We're back in the E30. Last weekend to get our Hooning on :naughty: I might squeeze in a TO session with the M3 weather permitting. I've had enough fun in the rain this year in my car. I gotta burn off some more rubber to "justify" getting into some RE71's for 2016.

43. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

Looking at the forecast its not looking good for dry weather Saturday.

44. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

Wish I was in points contention! I'm shooting for that next year... :naughty:

45. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

This year was so much fun, I hope next year is more of the same.

Now for planning off season mods. :naughty:

46. Millhouse04

Millhouse04 Member

[best evil voice] yessss...yessss....yessssss....MODS!

Though for me it is saving for the mods :|

47. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

So as testament to both of us...

Your time COC part one... 75.732

My time COC part one... 75.803

that is .071 difference... :eek:hnoes:

STU was so much fun this year. We need to get some more folks in the class to make it even more fun.

48. crazyazn

this was definitely a fun first year for me. Was great to meet such great people and learn some things about my car and driving in general.

I think I've gained some in my driving compared to the start, but still have to work on the bravery. Closing out the season with a iffy power steering turned out to still be fun too! Was totally worth having Jay Parcone drive my car to the level that it really should be driven at.

Looking forward to next season, probably the same setup for me with a small chance of a wheel and tire change

49. Millhouse04

Millhouse04 Member

Oh has anyone heard anything more about James' car?

50. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

I have not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.