2015 WRX mods

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by Thaddeus, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Thaddeus

Thaddeus New Member

I bought a 2015 WRX cvt in July, I am absolutely new to the thought of modifications. I love the car but am interested in some small power gains without spending a lot. Two things I've read are cold air intake and accesport. Can anyone make a recommendation, and if cold air intake is a good option, what manufacture? It might also be worth mentioning that this is our everyday vehicle.

2. Holc13WRX

Holc13WRX Supporting Member

I would pass up the cold air.... It is just a noisemaker to be honest. It's not worth the money if you are just going for power... The accessoirt is fantastic first mod and totally worth the money even for stage 1...

I would recommend getting a downpipe and accessport. That will put a big smile on your face.

3. TougeFighter

TougeFighter Member

Yep, Accessport would be the easiest way to see power gains. Cobb just recently released the AP for the CVT Wrx. Message me your goals and budget and I'll see if we can get you set up for stage 2 like mentioned above for a decent price.

4. I would definitely not recommend the CAI without some sort of tune for your car. Also I would like to ask if you value your factory warranty or not? Some people (like me) don't,and mod there cars however theyd like. Some people prefer to keep the warranty though if possible

5. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

Actually the jury is still out on the exact value of an intake on the FA20DIT's. Lots of people are putting them on and making more power with them.

But as has been stated don't run an aftermarket intake without a tune.

Also, if you're going to mod your car and have any thought of having a warranty, don't. These FA motors are waaaaay to young to know how reliable they are at certain power levels.

6. Thaddeus

Thaddeus New Member

Thanks for all the suggestions. So it sounds like a yes to accesport. Is the accesport as user friendly as it looks, or should I have a pro help me? As far as the downpipe is concerned, do I need to change anything else to the exhaust, and who do I go with for that?

Warranty is a concern, I realize almost anything will probably void, so want to be conservative with any mods. For now!

7. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

If warranty is a concern then don't tune it.

8. b reel

b reel Active Member

start with pads, fluid and a short throw shifter followed by sways and better valved struts and springs. Leave the tuning thing alone till you have a downpipe and catback

9. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

Like matto said, they are making decent power gains with intakes. And from what I've seen, stage 1 2015 wrx's are making close to what stage 2 sti's make. Add a j-pipe and e85 and they are looking impressive. However not sure how reliable they are going to be, nor can I get over the sound of them :/

And yes, the accessport is very user friendly.

10. ItsArex

ItsArex New Member

Best bet for your car, like me, is just get a catback. This will be minimal and don't need a tune or anything else like that. If you are worried about your warranty Accessport is something that will be denied by SOA. They can count the key turns on the car and it'll look weird if you have 5k miles and only 6 key turns...