2015 WRX to be Unveiled Nov 20

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by nygiant, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Deke

Deke Active Member

I swear I'm having deja vu from 2008.

2. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

3. longfury

longfury Active Member

Yeah, I just saw those myself. Gold Wheels are back. I would even be interested if it does not have the EJ25 in it and it doesn't cost $40K+.

4. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

I like it.

5. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

here's to hoping the double 5 spoke wheels make it to production

6. nygiant

nygiant Member

7. whitepony22

whitepony22 Member

Does anyone else think that this looks oddly like an Evo X? I know there are a lot of differences, but from first glance if it wasn't the Subaru rally blue and gold, I wouldn't have been surprised if there was a Mitsubishi badge on the car.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  8. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

i'm not sure about that front, but man, the lines on the back look much better to me...

9. nygiant

nygiant Member

i agree 10000%. the rear looks badass and agressive. the rest is just meh

10. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

I'm digging the new style over all, but the wing looks like it was an after-thought.
    "Shit man, we forgot the wing! Grab that one. Perfect."

11. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

it's the same wing that's on the 11+ STI sedan. Could it have been updated? Yeah...Do they REALLY need the giant wing these days? Nah...

12. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

I think the rear portion of the car from the rear doors back looks like a corolla... with an STi wing on the back. I really dont like the back.

The front looks good, but it looks like an Evo...

13. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

i still like the front of it, and agree its got a lot of evo look to it. Still sad that the sides are kinda 'flat' in the sheet metal, and I don't mind the wing, its just the rear trunk lid is really short so I think thats why the wing seems kind of an afterthought. It's not like the old GD's where there visually looks like more of a space from the c-pillar to the beginning of the wing so it looks less congested and has some what of a flow to it.

Overall I think this new one is sorta like a mullet, because race car in the front, econobox at the back

14. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

I'm not a fan. Maybe once I'm able to see it in person, I may change my mind. This body makes me thankful I have a 2005 sti

15. b reel

b reel Active Member

well at least this Corolla variant has a better suspension than the S Plus

16. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

I am in the same boat, I am very glad I bought a 2014 car instead of waiting.

17. nygiant

nygiant Member

I have just developed a new found love for this ENTIRE car! Allow myself to introduce the Subaru STI racecar

[​IMG]

[youtube]T9O9QVoxgM0[/youtube]

18. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

Yes, but any other body style sti race car still looks much better

19. b reel

b reel Active Member

FTFY

you can clearly see the plastic cam covers in one of the shots, sad

20. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

That video is badass, but it reminds me a lot like a track prepped Mugen Si

21. b reel

b reel Active Member

22. nygiant

nygiant Member

23. whitepony22

whitepony22 Member

Yea, that's depressing.

24. Deke

Deke Active Member

You all are just being silly now.

New wheels and this will be the best looking sedan yet. These aren't even that great, but it's a crazy improvement:

[​IMG]

A few wheel/ride height shops floating around the interwebs:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I can understand being bummed about the lack of wagon, but I think (much like the last body style) people are going to start changing their opinions once they start seeing them in person. But then again, I just spent 20 minutes drinking the Nasioc koolaid, and *blasphemy* I think the Evo X looks better than anything Subaru has done in the last 13 years.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  25. longfury

longfury Active Member

SoK told me that they have 3 launch edition STI's coming in around early April. No pricing yet and they still can't order the '15's (WRS or STI) yet.

26. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

The front looks good... that rear though screams toyota corolla...

The red with the gold wheels looks GOOD, until you turn it around...

27. longfury

longfury Active Member

28. Deke

Deke Active Member

Ditto. I haven't ever seen the nav in person, but I hear it's pretty ancient. Even better ones I've seen in newer cars still seem like a good step down from google maps.

29. Holc13WRX

Holc13WRX Supporting Member

I'm still not won over by this body style... I think the 11-14s look much better. I am interested in driving the 6 speed though...