2016 sti lbp

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by hotwired78, Oct 30, 2015.

1. hotwired78

hotwired78 New Member

Purchased an STI off the lot for just a couple hundred over invoice, with the factory installed short shifter... (dealer seemed to have ordered all their STIs with the short shifter).

I purchased off the lot thinking that it would give me greater leverage in pricing, as they had 5 or 6 sitting on the lot.

I also purchased the extended warranty, 7yrs/70k for an additional 1600 bucks, as well as the simoniz glass coat / interior teflon protectant.

Coming from an 07 BMW 335i, I always cquartzed my previous cars. However, the simoniz was 400, and included a lifetime warranty for interior and exterior from organic or chemical stains/damage.

Has anyone else got the Simoniz from the dealership? Did others opt out and go a different route and why?

Breaking in the car, I drove the car city driving for 6 days and then drove the car up to the mountains on the 7th day for some light engine braking/loading and just some good ole enthused driving action all under 4k rpm on some nice curvy roads.

Will plan for the dealer to do an oil change and transmission fluid change at 1200 miles.
    Also planning to purchase the oem audio plus system 400+

Want to get an intake/exhaust/tune but still feeling out whether or not Atlanta has a mod friendly subaru dealership, in regards to warranty work. Anyone have some insight on this??

Attached Files:

2. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

noice!

Leave it stock if you're worried about warranty.

Most dealerships, from what I read, can and will decline your claim because of aftermarket parts(Intake, Exhaust, Intercooler, etc...) . It's a big gamble. You can only decide if it's worth the gamble for you. Anyways, welcome to the site and nice car.

3. Drowland87

Drowland87 Staff Member Supporting Member

Congrats on the new purchase! He is correct, leave it stock if you are worried about warranty especially since you bought an extended warranty. I believe it has been years since "mod friendly" has been associated with any dealerships.