4/15: Install Day Hosted by Tarmac Motorsports

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by Alex, Mar 8, 2006.

?

Which weekend in April?

1. April 8-9th

15 vote(s)
    36.6%
  2. April 15-16th

26 vote(s)
    63.4%
  1. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

now just get your monte out of the paint shop before

2. Fast Joe

Fast Joe New Member

Monte

It would be great to finally get the car out of the body shop and drive it up there but it maybe a little out of place with the other cars. Besides I am coming up to turn wrenches on your car. :naughty:

3. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

i got a 5.3l you cant get any more out of place than that unless you have a bigblock. :keke:

4. rolling_trip

no big block yet, just a little ol 383 stroker

5. Fast Joe

Fast Joe New Member

Phone Call

I just got a phone call with good news. Looks like the car maybe back in my hands by March 25th. The body shop is finishing the car today. Monday or Tuesday is the clean and buff. Then it goes to the trans shop for final test drive/adjustments and it will be ready to pick up.

Brian

6. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Awesome dude! Pictures?

7. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Have we found a place yet? I got some springs!! need to find some shocks/struts now.

8. Fast Joe

Fast Joe New Member

Alex,
    I don't have a current picture after this paint job. I do have a few picture that look good from before but I am unsure how to post it.

Brian

9. Racerfab

Racerfab New Member

I'll host

Hey everyone. If you folks don't mind driving to Athens, I've got a huge lot in front of my shop. Probably fit 45 cars. I've got a good shop compressor with plenty of air line. No worries from cops or neighbors. I own Tarmac Motorsports, and this is where it would happen. I've got full welding and fab equipment there. I'd be willing to weld up small jobs, like cracked exhausts, etc. I won't provide tools, though. No exceptions there. So, everyone bring your own. Maybe I could get some girls from the university out for a carwash!!! Say the word...

10. N2BNLOW

N2BNLOW Member

[/QUOTE] Maybe I could get some girls from the university out for a carwash!!! Say the word...[/QUOTE]

Swimsuit carwash:sx: ..... I dont think much work would get done with the guys on this board. But im all for them scrubbing down my dirty car!!

11. Alex

We'll be in touch soon good sir.

12. Actually either weekend would work for me..... I need to go get a baseline run on the STi :)

13. Racerfab

Racerfab New Member

Actually, for the sake of honesty, I must confess. I do not have the required pimpness for the Universi-titty car wash...

And, I'm sure my better half would castrate me in the dark!

That said, the offer holds.

14. Fife1bullet

Fife1bullet New Member

i will have stop tech rotors and pads to install, if i can wait....even if i have installed them i would like to come and help/meet some of the members...i live in TN, but it will be a cool 5 hour ride........

15. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

?:dunno Are you thinking of a Dyno Day?....either way I definitely want to check out the new whip.....

16. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

So, what's up with this? Are we doing it? I have an UP to install, and my buddy Rich, The tC Guy, needs guidance on his CAI install. We're trying to get it done before the next auto-x. Is it going down or what folks. Beer, sun, beer and wrenching cars.....

17. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

we're trying to make it work but it doesnt look like its going to happen

18. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

my friend just put he injen on his tc.......he said you have remove the wheel and inner fender then from there its a breeze.

19. Alex

As it turns out, I really dont think this is going to happen. I at least cannot make the 15th, something has come up :(

Now, if someone would like to spearhead the event and get it rolling again that would be excellent. I have been trying to talk with racefab, who so generously offered us his shop in athens but I have not heard back from him. Until I do, we officially have no place to hold this.

20. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

:eek3: :wtc:

21. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

15th-16th here and maybe ill make an appearance :wiggle:

22. Alex

Like I said, I am still waiting to hear back from racerfab.

23. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

15th i have a wedding shower to attend.

24. Racerfab

Racerfab New Member

Sorry Alex.

I responded to your PM, but I guess you didn't get it. I'm fine with hosting the install. No worries there. I don't have a grill, though. I have enough room for 25 cars easy, more would prolly have to park across the street. No burn-outs in the parking lot, no oil on the ground... but I have a waste oil container. Just a humble little warehouse space, don't expect too much!

25. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

thank you... could u post directions to your location... then we could talk about dates

26. Racerfab

Racerfab New Member

I'm on the north side of Athens on 441. Take 316 to the 10 loop north/west. Take the loop to the Commerce Rd./441 exit. At the bottom of the ramp, turn left. Around 2 miles and you'll see a Citgo gas station on the right. Slow down, get ready to make a right into the parking lot. Just past Citgo, there is a Maxxis Tires sign on the right. Pass the sign, turn right at the next driveway (not into the tire store), there is a turn lane. My unit is #207, halfway down on the right. Look for the blue door with the chrome on it. No sign.

I am going to Vegas for a wedding on the 18th, and weekends are best for getting together. So the 15th/16th would be best for me. Other weekends can be discussed, if that one doesn't work...

27. Alex

Hmm, yeah man, I never got your PM. If you could, PM your number and I will be in touch today.

28. flip

flip Member

Looking forward to this. Hopefully it's not in athens tho since thats SOOO far :p. Just waiting on a date. I should have my springs by then.

29. V_WRX

V_WRX Member

Are we still on for the 15th of april or are you guys debating the date? I would be good for an athens install too.

30. Alex

I am calling racefab today to finalize everything. Expect details soon.

31. Racerfab

Racerfab New Member

Leave a message if I don't answer. I'm building headers right now and the chop saw is loud! And don't call before 10am! No one in their right mind is up before 10...

Not that I'm in my right mind either, but I am a night-owl!

32. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

well i go to school like 2 miles from there so i know where your talkign about. I should be there for a little while. Work is absolutly dicking me over every single weekend so i will see what ic an do.

33. Racerfab

Racerfab New Member

Give me a heads up, folks. I'd like to know how many to expect... Don't wanna be waiting if no one is coming.

Thanks!

34. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

thanks for comin through for us

35. V_WRX

V_WRX Member

I'm definately coming. I need to install my turboback and my uppipe, maybe work on my brake lines if i have time.
    EDIT: I'm gonna need some help. I would appreciate it if anyone brought some tools (big jack, torque wrench, etc.) and would give me a hand.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2006
  36. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

sorry i cant make it, my little bro birthday is on 15 and mine is on 19 and my mother's is on 14 and my gf is on 21 so.... cant come whole month lol

37. jayj713

jayj713 Member

Hmm, it's in athens huh? If I can find a downpipe this week I will try to make it but i'm not 100% sure. Does anyone know if TopSpeed will have any new/used Helix DPs? And if I go will someone help me with the heatshield and everything because i'm a complete newb at all this stuff :D

38. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i am going to try to make it but its doubtful since i have a huge deadline on the 15th

39. rolling_trip

athen's is a little to far for me, i'll catch u all next one

40. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

wedding shower....count me out:(

41. blink

blink Member

yeah same here Athens is just too far for me.

42. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

gotta work Saturday.....;(

43. STiLLsLow

STiLLsLow Member

a little too far for me...and i have nothing to install anymore haha only if there was an oven to bake my headlights...

44. Racerfab

Racerfab New Member

Well, we had 2 members show up. The rest of you missed the extreme bikini contest and the free beer!

45. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i was wondering how this went... sorry it was a weak showing

46. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Yeah sorry, bout that.

47. V_WRX

V_WRX Member

We had an awesome time at the install day. Racerfab, dellwin and me. I want to thank chuck who is awesome, i couldn't have installed the turboback without his help!!! Also nice to meet you dellwin, hope i see guys at the future meets.
    To all the people who said that they would come but didn't show up: :fawk:

48. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

sorry dude i couldnt i was working.. u know that is important but this was important also could have installed a bunch of stuff but too bad.. maybe next install day.. btw thats good alot of u guys enjoyed maybe next time i will keep every1 enterning lol :sx:

49. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I wish that I could have made this one. I just had my rear sway bar installed last week. Maybe next time I could come out when I get my springs....

Mark

50. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

glad you guys had fun, i would have come had i not had a wedding shower....i will be able to do more things in athens at the end of the months when i move.