8/22 Falcons Game

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by orndog, Aug 22, 2014.

1. orndog

orndog Member

Not really suggesting a get together as coordinating tickets would be impossible, more looking for advice I guess. I came into possession of 2 good tickets, and I know parking will be terrible. Here is what I'm thinking...
    From Marietta drive to Sandy Springs MARTA, take Red Line to 5 Points then Blue Line the Dome. Does this sound ok? I've not been on MARTA since, oh, I visited in 1992. What time should a guy plan to get to the station to get to the game? It starts at 7 but I'd like to be early to wander, find seats, procure necessary items etc.

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

yes. you're correct.

Not sure on timing though.

3. orndog

orndog Member

Thanks. MARTA seems a pain, but perhaps better than parking. Too bad no carpool.

4. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

from sandy springs, I'm guessing it will take about 30 minutes or so. maybe a little longer.

since it's preseason, I don't think it'll be too busy.

5. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

Yeah, since it's a preseason game, won't be too crowded at the game. Definitely take Marta because Friday traffic sucks as usual. When the regular season starts, parking will be hell because at least two previous lots aren't available no more

6. Holc13WRX

Holc13WRX Supporting Member

I typically ride marta from 10th street in midtown... I live off the exit so I don't know how bad 85/75 would be... But it takes 20 - 30 minutes easy just from midtown because you have to change trains...

7. orndog

orndog Member

Sad that it takes free tickets to drag me back downtown on weekends, so you know my feelings on dealing with these things, so thanks guys. I'm sure we can avoid getting mugged, right? lol

8. orndog

orndog Member

Ok, one more. Since I'm coming in from Marietta and hopping on the red line, looks like Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, and Medical Center all have free parking. Any of them better/worse?

9. orndog

orndog Member

Wow, Marta is pretty crappy. The Falcons also have no clue how to throw a good fan experience. I mean, I had a good time regardless, but Atlanta could use researching some other cities.

10. Holc13WRX

Holc13WRX Supporting Member

Public transportation in Atlanta is absolutely terrible... That is for sure

11. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

Go to the regular season home opener and you'll change your mind. The dome can get nuts!

12. orndog

orndog Member

Nuts because of fans being excited, or nuts because the Falcons organization is doing things for the fans? I'm talking about the organization doing things, all they really did was one t-shirt drop and the mascot ran around a little. At the Titans stadium the mascot rides a four wheeler and chases other mascots, they constantly bring fans on the field to do things, t-shirt cannons, etc etc etc It's a constant show.

13. ChrisW

ChrisW Member

They do this during preseason games?

14. orndog

orndog Member

Never been to one before, do the Falcons do stuff during regular season games?