?????

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by wrxbacano, Sep 11, 2006.

1. wrxbacano

wrxbacano Member

2. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

i've only heard bad things about lightweight flywheels but my car has one and i dont seem to have any issues but i have heard of misfiring etc.

3. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

2 things.

1. You will see improved throttle response which will equate to easier and quicker shifting.

2. "Cost/benefit analysis for a lightweight flywheel is pretty crappy. You might want to read the FAQs more and choose something else. Yeah, it's nice, but when you figure up the cost of the flywheel + installation vs gains.....it's not a whole lot of bang for the buck vs. the 900 other mods you could do."

To quote from unabomber's faq on nasioc

4. Hazzard

Hazzard Member

only reason i replaced mine was because there wasn't a machine shop open on the weekend when i was replacing my clutch.
    rather than go a week without the car while i was waiting on the OEM flywheel to get resurfaced and such, i just bought an aftermarket one and was done with it. the car does seem to rev faster, but i wouldn't call it a necessary mod.

5. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

improved throttle responce yes, that doesnt mean easier and quicker shifting.

6. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

It's great to do when you're replacing your clutch but dont break your car apart just to do it.