93gcsedan's 95 coupe!

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by Cory, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Cory

Cory Member

I picked up my stage 3 kevlar clutch yesterday. $340 out the door is pretty good to me. That included all the bearings and the flywheel resurfaced.

2. UpSideDownDesi

UpSideDownDesi Active Member

PMed you about the wastegate you are looking for.

3. Cory

Cory Member

PM received. $300 is a little rich for my blood.

Decided to wrinkle red the valve covers. Thinks are getting closer to a "finish" with the engine.
    [​IMG]

4. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Looks good!

5. Cory

Cory Member

Thanks.

6. Cory

Cory Member

I am also 98% done with my parallel fuel line mod. I used high pressure fuel line with brass tee fittings. I cut the stock line and flared it so the lines will not pop off. You can kind of see it in the pic above.

7. Cory

Cory Member

8. Cory

Cory Member

wow no comments?

9. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Looks badass man! Is that an NA intake manifold or a jdm sti one? Hopefully i can strt on a build like this soon

10. Cory

Cory Member

Its the jdm wrx one painted wrinkle red. The wrx and the sti have the same manifold minus the paint. I figured since I am running an ej257 short block I had the right to paint it. I also love the fact the runners are longer and the plenum is larger than the 02+ wrx manifolds so the engine should make more power. :)

Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  11. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Good to know, so whats left?

12. Cory

Cory Member

I need to get a down pipe made, get a hydrolic petal assembly and clutch master cylinder, and the wiring harness merged. It should be done in the beginning of October as I will be out of town for two weeks.

13. Cory

Cory Member

Finally got my car running.i am still running the 1997 WRX heads but am running a rebuilt ej205 short block that I did with STI rods, King main and rod race bearings, recommended by the guys at Allpro, and a shimmed 10mm oil pump.

Hear is one of the first start up videos of my car.

[youtube]uVBKNSki7rs[/youtube]

When the camera is moved towards the back of the engine you hear a loud ticking noise. That is the pressure plate contacting the clutch fork. Don't worry that problem is fixed. With a huge thanks to Brandon at Allpro for all the help.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  14. Cory

Cory Member

Oh yeah with the new short block set up, the compression ratio is right around and maybe a little above 9:1

15. kohlby777

kohlby777 Member

I can't wait to see it on the road man

16. whitepony22

whitepony22 Member

I remember talking to you and seeing this from SouthernFresh. Can't wait to see this thing up and running.

17. Cory

Cory Member

Yeah its been a long time coming.

18. Cory

Cory Member

I am going to paint my car so I need paint suggestions. I really like white because my first Impreza was white so I have an attachment to that color. But I am open to other colors other than world rally blue and any red. So lets here those suggestions...

19. liltoua

liltoua Member

I say red only because there are little to no red 2.5rs around. If no red then I would just go with white.

20. Banana

Banana Member

Satin White Pearl

21. osborne519

osborne519 Member

u need to hurry ur ass back from maryland so we can finish the car and actually drive it i already took 2 days off of work

22. Cory

Cory Member

I know man I am definitely looking forward to driving the car since parking it in the garage in 2009!

23. b reel

b reel Active Member

I say this every time I walk past my car

24. Cory

Cory Member

The satisfaction of starting my first turbo car that I built from the ground up with my own two hands was just amazing! I am so ready to drive that car out of the garage under its own power!

25. Cory

Cory Member

800cc injectors- ordered
    Fuel injector adapters (to fit in my factory fuel rails)- ordered
    Walbro 255LPH - ordered
    Grimmspeed Master cylinder brace- ordered
    Goodridge Stainless Steel brake lines- ordered

Thank god for tax returns :)

26. Cory

Cory Member

Three LSDs' are gonna be epic.

27. Cory

Cory Member

Gauge cluster no lighting up and no gauges reading...such is life.