97 Brighton Build

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by nuyorican718, Oct 21, 2014.

1. nuyorican718

nuyorican718 Member

Well times have changed. This was originally my DD/ Beater/ Work/ IDGAF about this car lol. My 04 RS is about 90% complete and I'm thinking about selling it to buy a Rav4 with the third row seat since i have another child on the way to make a total of 4 and I never liked the 4-door sports car concept. So it's now time to make room for the new project.

Total Cost to Date $970

Feb '14- 97 Brighton Coupe A/T bought $650
    Apr '14- Short Ram intake made by me ~$10 in shop supplies
    Jun '14- Legacy GT F&R heated leather seats installed and functional $60
    Oct '14- '00 RS Doors, Cards, Power Windows, Locks, Harness, Switches, Trunk, and Spoiler installed $250

Pics on the way

2. liltoua

liltoua Member

Welcome to the GC/GM club! There's a couple guys on here :)

3. nuyorican718

nuyorican718 Member

thanks! :wiggle:

Anybody in conyers area???? only gc i ever seen in GA was a blue boosted with a v5/6 wing??? are they a member on here?

4. b reel

b reel Active Member

welcome to the site, still have the old doors? I need door panels

5. nuyorican718

nuyorican718 Member

Sorry traded with junk yard

6. b reel

b reel Active Member

care to share which yard?

7. nuyorican718

nuyorican718 Member

Turner & sons in gillsville

8. nuyorican718

nuyorican718 Member

There's a blue rs there. It has rear disc if you haven't converted yet, an exhaust system, manual trans, OEM side skirts, cluster, sri, and rims all for the taking. He's very fair in price too

9. b reel

b reel Active Member

do need some other interior parts thanks

10. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Brian I have door cards for you

11. nuyorican718

nuyorican718 Member

full interior is there minus seats and radio. 2.5L n/a engine bay, chasis, trans, rear end, trunk all there 100%. i also forgot to mention it also has a front strut bar too. no stamps on it so i assume its ebay.

if youre going to go PM me. that place is two hours from me and i forgot to grab something

12. b reel

b reel Active Member

Sweet, you going to be around this weekend? If so give me a call

13. b reel

b reel Active Member

It will be next weekend before I can head that way, just PM what you need and I'll grab it

14. nuyorican718

nuyorican718 Member

OK cool. I found another yard closer to me that i will visit on the 28th. Ill check it out and they should have what i need there. Ill keep you posted