A little help goes a long way...

Discussion in 'Allpro Subie Service & Performance' started by Superdude, May 1, 2013.

1. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

I wanted to give a shout out to the Team @ AllPro! Thanks fellas.
    I've been building my Franken-Racer WRX since I bought her new in '05. When something wears out or breaks, I replace it with a better "motorsports" part; in-between the normal up keep of a daily driver. The car's getting there, but there's still a lot of work that we can do.
    AllPro and "Team" Wilkinson are teaming up, and together we're going to try and get this car to a National Title. It'll probably be won by my wife Laraine before I even get close :) But first, we need to take the local STX title. This is our goal for the year.
    They've been a huge help pointing us in the right direction, getting the car buttoned down and fixing boring stuff like my AC and front axles.
    I just got her back yesterday to get the old front control arm bushing replaced and my AC back up and running. They also helped install a front strut bar that I swear didn't fit when I tried to install it. It took them 30min and I won't tell you how long I tried to put the thing on.
    Anyway, we're excited to team up with guys that understand what the ultimate goal is for us and our car.
    We hope to share Trophies with you guys in October.
    Cheers!

2. SubiNoobi

SubiNoobi Supporting Member

Good luck with the rest of your season!

3. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

awesome reveiw, as always for AllPro!! Good luck w/ the car!

4. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

Thanks AP, you guys definitely helped me achieve MORE than one of my goals this year.

Some of you that make it out to the auto-x's already know that I finally wore out the OEM suspension on my '05. And as my theory goes, replace it with race parts.

We decided to with BC Racing ER series coil-overs with Swift springs. We also finished upgrading all the bushings to WL motorsport bushing. They did the ridiculously hard install (left rear arms are bent from hitting a drain at Turner earlier this year) and set-up the shocks & alignment.

After getting use to the car and figuring out these coil-overs settings, the car is an auto-x monster now. It corners flat, the rear end steps out entering a turn and evens out mid-turn. It's perfect. HP Plus pads are the ONLY pads to run if you ask me. Just the pads make the car complete. One day I'll go to steel lines, but for now its fine.

On Saturday I solidified my STX Class win, beating the next fastest car in STX by 1.6 seconds. That is a HUGE win over #2. Sunday was the Champion of Champions race. I took first over ALL the other class winners. I have a nice Cup Trophy to share with Allpro! You guys ROCK! Looking forward to next year when we plan on going to Nationals in the Fall.

Thanks again Fellas!