alcohol injection info

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by miloman, Dec 24, 2005.

1. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Pssshtt. You don't even need meth with your 2.5L AVCS engine :wiggle:.:rofl:

2. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Welp another slightly leaking pump and even worst the control unit died.

I was out for a nice romp and I was just beating on the ol EJ205 for the fun of it and enjoying the weather and the new Teins. I went and parked the car and alas I hear the meth pump ticking. WTF! I immediately killed the car and pulled the fuse to the meth controller. Apparently the pump leaked onto the plug for the controller and somehow threw the main board into a loop. The pump was clicking and turning and DUMPED meth into the car. I barely got it cranked up and found meth all in my boost line to the boost gauge and some got into the boost line into the controller. Well it's shot and won't work.

I am giving up fast. Gonna see what Steve at SMC has to say in the morning.

3. crashtke

crashtke Member Supporting Member

I would think it is time for a new system, not just a new pump!

4. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

im definitely disappointed in meth at the current time... i'll stick to 93 octane till things look better

5. crashtke

just out of curiosity was this kit designed for running meth or denatured alcohol? Which were you using? What mix were you running?

6. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

you should change your oil right away. If it was flooded that much I would imagine that a lot of that meth made it past the rings.

7. Brian

Brian Active Member

On a positive note, my repaired pump should be arriving soon. I think I'll set it to a lower pressure and run a bigger nozzle. It was running fine for a long time, but started leaking shortly after SS & I maxed the pump pressure.

8. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Talked with Steve and he is hands down the best in the business. He strives so hard to please the customer.

He has a new manufacturer of his pumps in the works. A new rubber compound that is more meth friendly will be introduced to the pumps. This won't be in for 2-3 weeks from what he was told so I am gonna wait for them. He is gonna take a look at the controller and make sure it is fine which it isn't so he is replacing all of that. So new pumps with new revised seals and a new controller......lets hope this solves it all. I am beta testing this for him as well. In the meantime I'll have to stick to 9 psi or less. I am entertaining the idea of seeing if I can use Enginuity approach to switch my maps (that is if SS will give me my old 93 octane only map).

9. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Oh I will. Didn't even drive the car today....stuck with the ol Lumina...lol

10. crashtke

what is the difference between running meth and denatured alcohol in these? Isit just the slightly higher octain rating of the meth?

11. techlord

techlord Active Member

]

I sent the entire system (used) that I bought from John Wallace back to Steve @ SMC and for 50 bucks he converted the unit to a trunk mount, included 16ft SS line tested the controller and extended the harness connect. Damn good deal if you ask me...Only issue was he replaced the pump for nothing but happend to send one that was DOA.

I really think that alot of the leaking may have to do with the under hood unit as the temps easily reach 180-200 degrees. I would imaging that combined with the somewhat corrosive nature of meth could cause the leaking/busted seals. I have had mine installed for over a month now and love it.

On the fire issue, I do not think if a fire broke out in the engine that it could get throught the firewall as not enough oxygen. Kinda like the static fires at a gas pump...no problems until you pull it out of the tank then kaboom.

12. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

My kit is a trunk mount kit FYI.