Allpro 98 RSTi Swap is…

Discussion in 'Allpro Subie Service & Performance' started by Allpro Subaru, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Allpro Subaru

Allpro Subaru Registered Vendor Supporting Member

DONE!

As many of you probably knew we have been grinding away on our 98 RS swap for the past 2 months. The owner of this vehicle called us looking for a complete STi swap on his RS and without any hesitation we jumped on the opportunity!
    We started this build off with a 2005 STi that would be the donor vehicle for the swap. The RS received a complete wiring harness swap so we could utilize all the parts that would be installed from our 2005 STi. We did not leave out any details on this swap and it really shows! This vehicle is fully functional from power side mirrors to the intercooler water sprayer for our AMR TMIC. This vehicle also received an array of other aftermarket parts as this car will be seeing the track in the near future…

-Tomei ARMS M7960 Turbo
    -Agency Power UEL Header + Up Pipe
    -Allpro Topfeed TGV Deletes
    -DeatschWerks 850cc Topfeed Injectors
    -Perrin Topfeed Fuel Rails
    -Walbro 255lph
    -AMR TMIC
    -Whiteline Sway Bars F/R with endlinks
    -BC BR Coilovers
    -KillerB Oil Pan, Pick-Up and Baffle
    -05 STi BBS Wheels w/23540ZR18 Dunlop Direzza

We also installed Whiteline bushings throughout the car to tighten everything up and really give this car a good solid feel.

We could go on all day with the endless things performed on this car but I am sure you guys would love to see some pictures of this beauty so here you go. Next stop for this car is the body shop!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. looks awesome!

3. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Looks awesome.

4. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Looks awesome!

5. Drowland87

Drowland87 Staff Member Supporting Member

6. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

loOkS AWeSOm3!

7. Durania

Durania Member

Any videos of this thing in action?

8. nygiant

nygiant Member

looks awesome!

9. Electioneer

Electioneer Member

B-E-A-utiful. If I hadn't have happened across my 05 I would have built an RSTi and this is just how I would like it!

10. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

damn - very nice, well done fellas

11. Sharpe

Sharpe Member

very well done!!! Beautiful car!

12. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

wow even the hubs were swapped
    the engine bay looks like it came from the factory!

13. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Freaking clean as heck....looks OEM. I applaud your skill AllPro.

14. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

Saw it in person. Very very clean job.

15. liltoua

liltoua Member

Love it!!!!

16. Smokin_Joe

Smokin_Joe Member

man this thing looks good!
    Joe

17. ghionw

ghionw Member

Great job.. The cleanest I have seen.

18. Allpro Subaru

Allpro Subaru Registered Vendor Supporting Member

Sorry but no videos of the car :(

This thing is fully functional and everything works flawlessly like any STi would from the factory :p

19. mokinbird87

mokinbird87 Active Member

everything looks like it was made that way from factory! but why am i even surprised, it is allpro afterall :)

20. benfrancis

benfrancis Member

This thing looks sick! I keep contemplating about motor swapping my TS.

21. SpecB.08

SpecB.08 New Member

awesome. stuff of dreams.

22. Texsun

Texsun Member

Sexy and you know it!

23. SpecB.08

SpecB.08 New Member

How about performance specs? Assuming the 05 STI swap will do great in the lighter RS.

24. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

Bring it to the Auto-X @ Turner on Sunday! I'd love to see how if does out on a course.

25. EJ1210

EJ1210 Member

I'm in loove. I've been wanting to do that for a while now.

26. Los

Los New Member

looks way differnt then when i saw it great work

27. Wessneroo

Wessneroo Member

Great work! This will be my Forester some day...

28. jdmyourlife

jdmyourlife Member

I was there when they were finishing this thing up. Awesome quality work performed at AllPro. This is one clean 2 door STi swap. Nice job guys.

29. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

How much do sti motor sets go for these days? I'm clueless as to how much the swap into a GC/GM body costs these days.

The wiring must be a bastard too, or can you get megasquirts running these things these days?

30. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

You swap EVERYTHING. All the wiring from the STi goes in including the ECU. Plug and play.

31. roorunner

roorunner New Member

ROFL ... that's my car!

Yes, everything does work just like a regular 05 STi and the set-up packs quite a bit more punch than a normal 05 STi (warmed over drive train and the shell is alot lighter). Unfortunately guys, there are no videos of the car and there wont be for a long time, I had AllPro start the project while I was on break from the Middle East ... I'm back there now ... and JUST got internet).

All right AllPro staff ... with what you can remember from the build, it's time to take it up a notch ... HD axels and more HP. Send me a plan of attack at my personal email and when I take a break again, I will send you the car!

32. b reel

b reel Active Member

needs a big loaf of B.R.E.D. before you need to be concerned about OEM axles as a weak point in your build.

33. roorunner

roorunner New Member

I don't know what "needs a big loaf of B.R.E.D. means". Care to explain?

The axles are weeping, so instead of replacing with OEM, figured I would go ahead and upgrade. The car was built with a purpose in mind, I'm pretty clear on what my expectations are. On the cosmetics, alot of work was done after that photo was taken; pieces that were worn or broken have either been replaced or upgraded (still need to find an 05 STi seatbelt and a center armrest extender).

Other than that, just looking to finish the looks department with a metal widebody and I am done, ready to either build a VTEC Austin Mini Cooper or start looking for a Motorex GTR.

34. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

B.R.E.D. = Ball Racing Engine Development. The owner is on this site and his handle is slowwrx. He builds some of the best engines for a Subaru and flat out stands behind his product. Has built several engines for AllPro.

35. roorunner

roorunner New Member

Thank you very much for the info. I will look into that for sure.

36. roorunner

roorunner New Member

Looks like its getting B.R.E.D.!
    The credit card is still warm from the last transaction to your shop.

And I have a question: You guys interested in doing a full RHD swap on a 02 USDM WRX?
    The car was in an accident so it needs bodywork. With the 98 RS quickly becoming my
    favorite car, figured I would let you guys build my show/weekend car. Let me know if you
    wanna take a shot at it.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  37. Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A525 Safari/8536.25)

This looks amazing. What a beast.

38. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

Lets do it!!!!