Android users?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SonicBoom, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I really wish this proprietary crap would quit. Make a freaking phone that you can get with contract pricing on whatever stinking provider you want.

2. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Wirelessly posted

I agree

3. DaveH

DaveH Member

As seen in just about any other country you care to name.

Thank you for looking out for our interests FCC. Another anti-consumer practice that has kept the US cellular market lagging the likes of Europe and Japan.

4. Trey

Trey Active Member

Move to Europe. ;)

5. DaveH

DaveH Member

I would need a few more compelling reasons than just that.

Like low US-style taxes.

6. Trey

Trey Active Member

And cheap US-Style gas. :p

7. DaveH

DaveH Member

Low gas because of low taxes.

8. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Yeah, it is about 6 bucks a gallon here in Sweden. Then again, our V70 wagon gets around 45mpg average so the net result is not too terrible.

9. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Its closer to 8 bucks in the UK

10. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Ah yes, the UK, home of endless social problems, Lucas electronics, and the ring circuit.

11. DaveH

DaveH Member

Endless social problems because of Lucas electronics.

12. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Lucas, the Prince of Darkness.

13. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

14. MattBallRules

MattBallRules Member

With as much as my iPhone has been freezing recently, I may be jumping ship.

what's comparable? x? incredible?

15. Trey

Trey Active Member

I have the incredible and it rocks but the Droid-X will be out by the end of the month. I'd wait and compare the two.

16. integroid

and why not the Evo? The update this week did wonders for the battery life. I used my phone all day yesterday and streamed pandora for over an hour and still had 25% left on my charge.

17. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

sprint :|

:p

18. integroid

LOL...I have tested phones on Sprint,ATT, and Verizon for work. Sprint and Verizon were the same with att taking up the rear. Sprint and Verizon seem to both have superb customer service on the business side with Sprint edging them out only because they will send me a replacement warranty phone without talking to a tech first. Verizon makes me talk to a tech to initiate sending a replacement. The main reason why I am with Sprint is because we get a discount on the monthly rate and the service for my wife and I is right aat $100 a month for data, txt, voice.

19. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Glad to hear it :) We've never had an issue with our 5 lines with Vzw (business). I was using T-Mobile before we all moved to Vzw and back then they were weak. Now they have all the cool phones :rofl:

20. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

21. integroid

I posted that on the last page

22. Matt

I got to play with an LG Ally last night. it's about on par with the Motorola Droid...maybe right in the middle between that and the Eris.

not too bad...but LG put the 3D app tray in that the nexus one has... I want that!! :mad:

23. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

so, ive decided to get the samsung captivate.

24. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

not really droid related but i have a palm pre webOS phone and love it. its overclocked to 1005MHz. the thing i like about my pre is whatever i want to change settings wise there is a patch i can install to get that option. for instance if im on a call and want to multitask, i take the phone away from my ear it puts the call onto speakerphone. when im done i simply put the phone back up to my ear and speakerphone shuts off. ive got a patch that lets me use my phone as a hotspot even though sprint pres dont have that option. ive even got a patch that changes my ringer according to what gps coordinates im at. if im at work phone goes to silent mode. anyways just wanted to share my views. i was looking at the evo on sprint but its soo big. i felt like the small hands whopper commercial. plus it screams "i got a small penis!" :rofl: seriously who needs a screen that big? kinda reminds me of a modern day zac morris brick phone. i have other devices i can watch movies on.

25. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Best response in this thread EVAR! You had me :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

26. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

There is a launcher called LauncherPro on the market with the 3D app tray if whatever phone you get doesn't come with it...

Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  27. Alex

I'm disappointed Apple won't let me install iOS4 on my 1st Gen Touch :(

28. Matt

I know...I have it. but it's not the same!

29. Matt

I updated mine this morning...

nbd

30. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

31. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

32. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

holy fuck

"We are also making bars 1, 2 and 3 a bit taller so they will be easier to see," the company said in the statement."

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I hope they go out of business. bunch of deceptive thieves

33. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

I downloaded 2.2 today...its frozen up on me 3 times already. Never once with the original

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

34. C_wagginz

C_wagginz Member

I tried bugless beast 2.2 Froyo build on my droid today...it's pretty nice. I got tired of re-loading all my apps and data so I flashed back to my 2.1 image LOL

I want to give it a more prolonged test, as it seems pretty stable and such

35. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

My mom just got the evo4g she says its HUGE! but so far likes it. I still have the moment but it seems every since the 2.1 update my battery life went down and I have even less apps and got taskiller hmm any suggestions?

36. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Download Rom Manager from the Market... then try Jrummy's Kangerade V4.0.7... Its really customizable color wise.. and its got scripts built in to change live wall papers, fonts, pretty much everything. Best Froyo I've tried so far.

37. C_wagginz

C_wagginz Member

I've got ROM Manager, that's how I DL BB....I'll have to find the Kangerade. I didn't feel like paying for premium access to ROMs so I'll just have to google it and manually copy it to my SD card...not like that's incredibly hard.

38. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Yeah... you can find it on Droidforums.net... there is a Rom section with all the devs.. Find the JRummy section and the Rom will be in there to do manually.. I've ran Bugless before, but only the 2.1... But even for 2.1, Jrummy was a lot nicer... Let me know how you like it...

39. Trey

Trey Active Member

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  40. Matt

41. Trey

Trey Active Member

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  42. Alex

Nice.

43. C_wagginz

C_wagginz Member

So I've had kangerade blue on the droid almost a week now and it's pretty sweet. I see some FC issues here and there, but for the most part its great!

44. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I have the Red... I'm diggin it...

45. Trey

Trey Active Member

46. C_wagginz

C_wagginz Member

coworker got one today first thing....the screen is amazing. There are some "tweaks" to the UI that aren't available on the other "Droids".

He however couldn't use his camera OoTB. We tried everything to no avail. Then when he hooked it up to USB to charge it killed it completely. Now his brand new Droid X is a nice paperweight.

The only downside that I could see so far to it is that Motorola made them supposedly unrootable. Granted there will be a way around this in a month or so, but rooting is much more risky on this phone.

47. techlord

techlord Active Member

ordered mine this morning!

48. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

49. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

In the first vid on that link there is a WRX wagon in the background!

50. techlord

techlord Active Member

all the hackers/modders will have everything sorted out real soon, including rooting. Outta the box it may be a pos but as long as the phone and net work better than my BB I can wait.