Andy`s BRZ

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by mokinbird87, Apr 15, 2013.

1. mokinbird87

mokinbird87 Active Member

I swore I wasnt going to touch it but already started doing little things so here goes :)

I got the limited 6mt at the end of March. I always always wanted a satin white pearl, but for some reason the WRB just won me over that day... when i see the SWP BRZs i drool but i think secretly i wanted the traditional WRB all along. BTW, i was in the stealership for 6 hours dealing with stupid california mark up prices on the BRZs and they eventually gave in.
    [​IMG]

and then of course, I had to wait for this moment :) because it's a modern car i`m sure it dosent really matter about the break-in procedure, but I just wanted to be on the safe side.
    [​IMG]

Thought about leaving it alone for the longest time but i just couldnt stand the letters that felt to me, like last minute decision to put em where they were. so i took em off.
    [​IMG]

and then the day after, this thing came in. the tow hook front license kit (stupid cali rules make me do this :argue:)
    [​IMG]

more to come soon.

plans so far:
    10th st JDM goodies
    recaro pole positions
    OZ allegerittas or Enkei RCT4 w/ PSS or conti DW
    KW coilovers (i`m doing var 3s this time)
    sti brembos
    sti front lip
    etc...

ask me if i miss my wrx :sx:

2. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Nice car

3. b reel

b reel Active Member

you should have tagged it in GA LOL

4. mokinbird87

i would`ve if i didnt used to live in 1 of 3 counties in GA that has emissions :(

5. Looks good man! I picked up a SWP Ltd BRZ in march and i was torn between the 2 colors as well. I used to own a WRX but i traded my '12 Mustang in for the BRZ.

6. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

Your Bugeye was much better.

7. mokinbird87

lots of potential in this one :)

8. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

So, do you miss your WRX?

9. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

That blue looks soooo good.

Very nice, my friend.

10. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Do this....
    [youtube]W4pExkk_YrQ[/youtube]

11. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

Car is too new to require emissions in GA.

Congrats!

12. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

looks good!

13. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Wirelessly posted (From Brian's Mom's Bedroom!: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.3; en-us; Amaze_4G Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

There are only 3 counties is GA that require emissions?

I think you underestimated by...10.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  14. nygiant

nygiant Member

drool :drool:
    i kind of want a brz now just bc of this

15. mokinbird87

if i`m honest i do from time to time, but that is only because i had pretty decent suspension set up. i think as a package, the brz will be a monster in the corners after some tweaking.

i miss the space the wrx had for a small sedan.

but mostly, i definitely miss it when cars like civic si and rx-8 come revving at me asking for trouble at a stop light :(

16. mokinbird87

unbolted axle-back..

HOLY :eek3:

17. mokinbird87

it's been a while and I`ve been fighting the temptation to mod the car, but what gives... front lip and the gurney flap coming soon. Weds 18" wheels and KW coilovers in the plan but it will take another while again :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

I think it sounds better at idle imo

19. mokinbird87

finally took the time and put the skirts on. found a vendor that will source me the wheels I have in mind, so that will be next and the Toms LED taillights are on its way :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

hmm looks pretty neat. i like the bit of black to contrast with the blue

21. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

wish you would have painted them 1st

22. b reel

b reel Active Member

with tint... needs tint

23. crazyazn

ooh good point, I agree.

NEEDS TINT!

24. mokinbird87

i think when I do the whole kit eventually, it should look good. just the sideskirt alone looks kind of outta place.

25. mokinbird87

tint is coming guys :) cant stand this california sun...

26. mokinbird87

greddy SP elites and wheels coming next.. cant decided between enkei RCT4s and Weds SA15Rs... but in the meantime, I had to get rid of my ugly "euro" tail lights... :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

27. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

taillights look hawt. Did you modify them or are those the JDM tails?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  28. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

29. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

tails ftw

30. mokinbird87

I ordered Enkei RCT4s in gold... is gold on WRB too old school or is it still cool? I may stay with the gold for a bit and then get it powdercoated later if i decide i dont like em...

31. Tperk90

Tperk90 Member

Have you had any issues with your taillights? Im thinking about getting those.

32. mokinbird87

no issues at all. the only thing i`ve noticed is that there is a slight hesitation of flickering when you put your left and right blinker on... instead of tick tock tick tock, it`s a tick.....tock tick tock. maybe something in the relay isnt properly in place, but it doesnt really bother me. no condensation at all either.

33. Justin V

Justin V Member

Those lights are hot, I just can't believe Tom's would use Depo's

34. jchon3

jchon3 Supporting Member

They come with a relay modification don't they?

35. mokinbird87

yes. i think it`s just a small glitch. maybe i`ll pull the relay and put it back in place to see if that fixes it. doesnt really bother me tho so i dont know.. i`m kind of lazy to un-do my dashboard, go underneath, etc lol

36. Jake

Jake Active Member

yeah definitely sounds relay related. but i guess a hesitation is better than them blinking super fast or not working at all.

37. Ricanracer21

Ricanracer21 New Member

Looks great bro, my brother has a BRZ as well, earliest mod should be an exhaust and test pipe haha

38. mokinbird87

picked this guy up. feels worse than stock but i like the old school subie look lol.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

39. mokinbird87

ordered the wheels a while back but still waiting on shipment haha. ETA is end of this month so hopefully it`ll be here soon. saving up for Ohlins road and track... it`s gonna suck when making the payment but after driving a lot of BRZs with different set up, it`s well worth the money. plan on doing the invidia q300 and the borla unequal length header.

40. mokinbird87

these just came in :) that was a LONG wait.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

41. mothespaceman

mothespaceman Member

Those wheels look SICK! Nice car by the way.

42. mokinbird87

new shift knob to replace the sti one. (3/24/14) I like this one because it`s heavier, it sits lower and it`s a good diameter. I also like how it matches my interior trim.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ordered the replica front lip. these are gonna need a little wet sanding and some TLC... guess you get what you pay for, but I didnt wanna pay a lot for something I am going to destroy. (3/24/14)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

JDM gurney flap also came in today :) this is the single most expensive piece of rubber I have ever paid for lol (3/24/14)
    [​IMG]

43. mokinbird87

installed the replica lip and the jdm gurney flap. I needed to wet-sand and buff the hell out of the front lip as its surface quality was... well, what I paid for really.

before:
    [​IMG]

after:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

gurney flap. took me a few tries to get it aligned right. the sti decal.. well i only had one go at it :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

44. impreza

impreza Member

love that front lip on all brz's

45. mokinbird87

a little teaser before the michelin PSS gets wrapped on `em...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

46. mokinbird87

my car got featured on everyday driver's review vs the new WRX! Paul and I are good friends and he asked if he could borrow my car as Subaru doesnt let out two press cars at once and they really wanted to do this comparison. enjoy guys!
    [youtube]CkWyyY718AM[/youtube]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  47. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

good car, needs some boost to overcome the nasty torque dip, chassis and transmission is very well made

48. mokinbird87

it`s been a while Ming.. :)

yea FI will fix it, but I think a nice header and a tune does wonders.

49. mokinbird87

new shoes finally! gonna be a while for coiliovers. tire spec: michelin PSS 245/35/18. I understand why people pony up for these now.. wow they are so comfortable.

[​IMG]

50. crazyazn

looking nice Andy! what coilovers are you going to go for?