Another one bites the dust....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SonicBoom, Oct 31, 2012.

1. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

After 8 years in the Subaru family... I unfortunately jumped ship. I really wanted to get back into a WRX, but Classic didn't have any and was not able to find one in the whole Southeast. I found several at local dealers online (Kennessaw, SOG, Stivers etc...), either the cars were not on the ground yet, or did not want to trade with Classic. Other option was to order one, but I didn't want to wait 3-4 months. So, just looking around... I went over to the Chevy dealership and looked at Camaro's. Incentives and the offer on my Legacy was too good to pass up.... So, here she is...

2013 V6 Camaro LS, 6-speed
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Only had it for a few hours... But I like it so far. Big difference from the WRX/STI world, will take some getting used to. Only negative I've found so far is Hill Assist, which apparently can not be disabled (unlike the Legacy)... Drives so smooth compared to the 6 speed Legacy (which was the worst transmission I've ever seen/driven)...

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  2. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

Had one as a rental...wasn't a fan.
    As much as I tried to like it, I couldnt. I think they look great though, hope you enjoy it more than I did.

3. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

I hated the blind spots in the SS I test drove but glad you like it so far. They do look nice.

4. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Engine, transmission, package?

5. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

OP said v6 LS, 6 speed.

6. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Yes... HUGE blind spot trying to look behind you to the left. Really have to rely on mirrors...

7. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Yes, bare bones V6 LS... but, seems plenty fast in stock trim. 6 speed is smooth as butter. Which, is a nice change from the Legacy's POS tranny.

8. nygiant

nygiant Member

camaros look cool but they barely have any windows. did you get a good deal?

9. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Yes, after my work discount, it came out to 23K... I don't think the visibility issue will be that big of a deal after I get used to it....

10. Does it transform into anything else?

11. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Lol... unfortunately no.. The radio doesn't talk to me either, I tried and ended up just looking silly.

12. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Should prove to be a fun and reliable car man. I personally would have gone v-6 mustang with a the track pack, but there is no real bad choice there.

Nice job.

13. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^ I did look at Mustangs... but they seemed to all be in the 27-28K range.. Camaro was 23. 323HP, good price, good gas mileage.. couldn't pass it up. Do you or anyone else on here know of local Camaro forums? google isn't coming up with any... just a few southeast sections of National forums. Nothing like this site for WRX's. Already been shopping for catbacks and need info. I'm finding out, A) they are expensive as balls compared to WRX exhaust (well, I bet its about the same now that WRX is dual), B) they all seem to be 2.5".. which is the same as stock. Do they not upgrade to 3" or 3 1/2" on Merican cars these days?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  14. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Straight pipe it.

15. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^ Lol.. I'd have to hear it... I'm guessing that would be obnoxiously loud.

16. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

17. b reel

b reel Active Member

local down here has BBK long tube headers with Flowmasters, sounds good. Not sure which strip club she works at though so can't tell you where to hear it in person.

18. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

19. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

LOL... I will have to check all the clubs! Just wanting a Catback for now... which if I'm seeing correctly would be huge. Looks like the cats are under the motor or just behind.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  20. b reel

b reel Active Member

they're right at the first bend just off the exhaust manifolds

21. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Forgive my ignorance.. but Headers = Exhaust manifolds.. correct? So the BBK long tube headers -> flowmasters is the entire exhaust?