Anyone see the New Impreza Pics?? (NOW Cat is out of the BAG!!!)

Discussion in 'General Community' started by BelvnAWD, Mar 24, 2007.

1. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

well the fronts ok...but hatch only is a no no. and the taillights suck. and whats up with that wuss intercooler...i thought my 06 was bad. how much is this thing gonna make?

2. longfury

longfury Active Member

From the article they say there is no wagon. Just a sedan and a 5 door hatch. Also the general consensus is that these are 2.5i pics chopped to WRX looks.

Also don't expect the STi in anything but hatch form. No STI sedans are expected as they are going to rally the hatch.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2007
  3. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Yeah, but they are close enough to have a very good idea of what the WRX is gonna look like. Looks like I will be trading in for a used 2009 STI in 2010...

4. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

+1 :weaksauce

5. longfury

longfury Active Member

Thats a legacy engine bay from what most can tell. just the color changed to WRB.

I just finished reading the thread on NASIOC. This is close but exact details won't be available till the 5th.

I just wish they had made a 3 door hatch or a coupe.

6. longfury

longfury Active Member

This is a chop of one of the pics. This is probably the most accurate chop.

Link died

Last edited: Mar 27, 2007
  7. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

boo chrome :thumbsdow :barf:

8. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

:barf:

9. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

No more fender flares...and an ugly grill

10. longfury

longfury Active Member

The WRX and the STI should have fender flares in the real car.

We will see for sure in 9 days on the 5th.

I still want a 3 door hatch or a coupe. I don't think Subaru will ever build a 2 door Impreza again.

11. jayj713

jayj713 Member

those are banned from our meets :p

12. calmnothing

I can't wait to take that thing apart....despite the new platform I'm sure a lot of things will still plug n play into our cars....Mmmm cheap upgrades

13. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

Much better pics off motor trends

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Much easier to see. I don't like the front end at all. And what's up with the callipers? Dosn't seem to be 100% accurate I don't think.

14. calmnothing

I think this thing wide-bodied would look badass.....i love widebody hatches

15. Deke

Deke Active Member

You mean like....

[​IMG]

Because yeah, those are hot.

16. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

ugh.... looks very Kia-ish to me.

The 5th can't get here soon enough. I'm sure all the Suby dealers are going to be getting lots of
    lookers once those hit showroom floors.

17. WJM

WJM Banned

I think SUBARU died in 2007.

18. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

^^ +1

Any idea if Subaru is planning a webcast of the unveiling of the "legend"?

19. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

looks like chrisler front grill and matrix/tribeca back, and evo interior. (the dash part) w/ mazdaspeed 3 looks overall.

i hope it looks different/better than that cause i was wanting to buy a sti for my next car.

20. Greg

Greg Active Member

^ true... with lexus tail lights

21. Greg

Greg Active Member

They ruined a good line of cars...

22. scooby_snacks

23. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

wow, it's a baby tribeca.

it's not all that bad, but the chrome has GOT to go.

and W T F is up with that IC?? any smaller and it will belong to a vw.

24. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

:bowdown:
    thank you...and good night.....

thanks for the comparison picts, that kind of sums it all up. did they fire the Italian guy they bought from Alfa? it looks cheap and i don't like it :crying:

25. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

i think it looks better in the spy shots with all the shit all over it

26. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Not liking it at all. If I 'ever' upgrade I'll have to find myself a 07 STi.

27. ok, so with the small shots I was underwhelmed. with the details in the larger shots and the side by side comparison of the "hidden legend" I am sold.

sold that this thing is fugly. no doubt about it now, I'm keeping my bugeye. I was considering an STI 3 door hatch if one came out, but thats just awful.

28. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

I like it, I thing it looks like a 92-X.

29. scooby_snacks

The front end is just awful looking. No aggression whatsoever. Maybe with a replacement bumper/grill and a big WRX hatchback spoiler it could look more aggressive. Depressing though.

30. longfury

longfury Active Member

I would suggest holding off judgment till we see some pics that do not have obvious photoshoped elements. I doubt the WRX and WRX STi will have the chrome grill but I would not be surprised if the 2.5i did have it.

Also all the people that wanted an STi wagon get their wish sort of. The WRX will have sedan and hatch versions but the STi will be hatch only.

31. scooby_snacks

Yeah some of elements of it definately don't seem to make sense... brake calipers for one.

32. kind of related...

can someone please 'splain to me why those are considered hatches, and not wagons? I really dont see much of a difference.

33. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

There's no such thing as a 5 door hatchback IMO. A hatchback always has been and always will be a small car with 2 side doors and a hatch. Anything else is just false advertising which is gay.

Anything with 4 side doors and a hatch is a big STATION WAGON... or wagon for short. But it's definitely not something small, agile and cool like a hatchback. The 92 through 98 Civic hatch's are cooler than that thing, though admittedly underpowered.

34. longfury

longfury Active Member

Its a hatch because the words "Station Wagon" are considered negative. Even the word "Wagon" is becoming a dirty word. Thats why they are calling them hatchbacks.

35. ddwyer50

ddwyer50 Member

after looking at the pics, i'll be keeping my peanut-eye for quite some time.

36. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Personally, I love the word wagon....LOL...

Mark

37. longfury

longfury Active Member

Well Mark, unfortunately the most accurate description is not what the general populous wants to hear. So we get wagons being called hatches.

38. Trey

Trey Active Member

If the back lifts it's a hatch back? :D

Looks like total crap IMO.

39. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Yeah I got it. I just pisses me off that so many carmakers are making these five door monstrosities that they'd like to labe a semi-cool to cool car and they market it at the young people.

Do us a favor you smucks and make a real car before you try to give it a cool name.

(End frustrated rant)

40. Hazzard

Hazzard Member

i can't wait till september when they release the STI. i kinda like the way it looks now, but i am sure the STI will be more agressive looking (at least i hope so).
    i do miss the fender flares, and there is too much chrome on it, other than that, i don't think it is all that bad. can't wait till the 5th though to see the official pics though.

41. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

It isnt that bad really. I mean it sitll has a great engine and symmetrical AWD.

I just hate the idea of our sweet little Impreza being compared to a Caliber, Mazda 3, Aveo, Fit, the new Saturn Astra, or any number of lame-ass 5 door wagon cars.

But what can you do? A lot of people hated the new front end but I liked it. Now Subaru is gay and that's just how it is.

42. mokinbird87

mokinbird87 Active Member

what about my own version hahaha..
    [​IMG]

and just for fun, my quick sketch of 2010 NSX hehe
    [​IMG]

and sorry about the quality guys.. these are like practice sketches and by no means reflect my abilities haha. i havent taken any rendering classes yet, so it's not top-class, but enjoy! these sketches are drawn with ball-point pen on computer paper, so nothing fancy.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2007
  43. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

im gonna have to say i like it, not the impreza i expected but cool. you have to look at it from subarus point of view, hatch's are in everywhere around the world and are growing more and more popular here. I cant wait to get a look at the underside of it.

44. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Impressive sketches!

45. Deke

Deke Active Member

I'll hold my final judgement until I see the real pics and the sedan version. However, I still think that the pics are absolutely hideous. I mean I think all of the previous wagons look alright, but that thing is just ew.

I really hope that Subaru is just messing with everyone and those are actually pics of a new version of another model.

46. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

I like it... when the new hatch STI comes out I will most likely buy it.

47. mokinbird87

thanks! the impreza is highly stylized, so proportions are off. i do think hatch or a coupe is a good idea for an sti, but sedan MUST stay because i love it too much (the ratio of practicality/sportiness is one of the reason why people buy wrx in my opinion).

48. longfury

longfury Active Member

Well, if you want an Impreza sedan it will be US only and only for the 2.5i and WRX(I know the WRX is going to be sedan and I think the 2.5 will be too).

49. mokinbird87

Both cars are highly stylized, so it doesnt make any sense proportionally (i.e. impreza's wheels and fenders are huge, and nsx is REALLY low).

IMPREZA
    i think people buy wrx for practicality and fun factor, so they need to have a sedan and a wagon/hatch for wrx, whereas sti needs to be a concentrated sports car, so a hatchback coupe (like an rsx) is most ideal in my opinion. weight is a big concern over stiffness (recent GDB+ chassis are stiff but heavy), so extensive use of aluminum would be great (on the roof like evos), and use plastic fenders (this way the replacing cost is low, and keeps the front of the car really light). the boxer engine needs to be placed lower in my opinion, and be pushed back further behind the front axle. they also need to revisit the open diff, and try to minimize as much understeer as possible. aerodynamics really needs to be considered. fender flares are lower towards the front of the car giving you downforce, and the side mirrors adapted the rally mirrors. the whole bottom of the car is a 2 piece polyurethane so that it creates a vacuum with a smooth surface. rear end shoulders are high for downforce, and diffusers are bigger. oversized front lips will push the car down also. so far, that's just a general idea of my concept, and i`ll provide detailed specs soon!

NSX
    they need to KEEP it MR layout!!! NSX's biggest advantage was its layout that allows it for a high speed cornering. as for its aerodynamics, the front bottom allows the air in and lets it out through the hood, allowing the front to stay down, along with a front lip piece on each side that adjusts it tilt angle depending on speed. the middle of the cockpit sits lower so that the air going through the roof is focused in the middle and goes straight to its rear spoiler. for the powertrain, an supercharged 3.8 inline 6 VTEC would be ideal, and it should be mated with Honda's 6-speed tranny or a 7-speed F1 with a layout similar to DSG gearbox. and last but not least, it needs to stay in a harcore form, not a luxury vehicle that will shoot the price wayyy high. this nsx should be had for around 60k directly competing with the BMW 6 series and Porsche Cayman. NSX-R should be the high-end vehicle that will shoot down the 911s and the F430s. i just personally think sub 60K NSX seems more appealing to U.S. buyers.

50. Deke

Deke Active Member

I feel there needs to be different classifications of hatchbacks. For instance, the new impreza, v-dubs, and civics all have the kind of hatch that is in all practicality a wagon (not saying that's a bad thing, well, except in the case of the new impreza). Where as the 350z, rx-7, and rsx all have the extremely sloping hatchback. The two styles give completely different looks and therefore I feel they need to have different names in order to avoid confusion :)