Anyone see the New Impreza Pics?? (NOW Cat is out of the BAG!!!)

Discussion in 'General Community' started by BelvnAWD, Mar 24, 2007.

1. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

I do like what I've seen of the Sedan, but I swear this thing is SUCH a Legacy. Not that it's a problem, because I was this close to getting a Legacy instead of the WRX, (if only the GT Spec B wasn't so expensive) but it's just crazy how so many cars are getting bigger and bigger like this.

Soon there won't be any small cars left.

2. Kolgoth

Kolgoth Supporting Member

I'm just glad I've got my bugeye! That thing looks just like a Mazda; no thanks!

It's got potential and such, especially on the performance end, but one of the things I liked about the 02-07 Subaru's is they look at least somewhat different than everything else out there. You see one; you instantly know it's a Subaru - this - could be a Mazda or any other number of things... Doh!

Oh well - guess I'll be keepin my wagon!

3. longfury

longfury Active Member

4. Hazzard

Hazzard Member

actually, they are. they are the pics from motor trend that have had a color change. the 2 different pics (edmunds and MTs) line up exactly pixel for pixel according to someone on Nastyhoc. (i know, not the most reliable, but he did post up his comparison)
    i have been tryint to follow both threads. we are only 1 week away from the official release.

5. longfury

longfury Active Member

I am afraid that the car is going to have that damn chrome grill. Which it looks like it will.

6. Kolgoth

Kolgoth Supporting Member

Yeah - I'll definitely be keeping my wagon after reading that... I can understand from a business perspective the desire to go towards a more mass-market approach; but it's still depressing to see this as the result....ugh....

7. 1984

1984 Member

I totally agree. I though the new hatch Impreza was gonna be much smaller, but it's build on a modified Legacy platform. The 5-door hatch is apparently only 1.9 inches shorter than the current wagon and the upcomming sedan is suppost to be almost six inches longer(!) Hopefully like all Subaru's, that nose will look much better in person.

8. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

I have to admit that I am surprised to see they are carrying the engine over into the new MY. With the EVO being truly all new, I thought that Subaru would have to put a little more under the hood. Though, I guess they still might with the STI when it comes out...

Last edited: Mar 30, 2007
  9. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

I got my Motor Trend in the other day and I will give this thing one +.

I'm really digging the hood scoop. I like that it's integrated more like the Legacy,
    but that it looks much bigger (only based on pics from the magazine and the ones here).

10. longfury

longfury Active Member

11. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

Just looks like a chopped legacy to me. Although it being lighter and stiffer with better suspension is appealing.

12. longfury

longfury Active Member

It looks a lot better to me in these pics from R&T. The grill looks chrome in certain light and angles but its a matte black.

I will go look at one when they hit dealers. I feel crammed in in the current model. I am so tired of hitting my knees on the cruise control stalk.

13. Love the plastic intake manifold. That really adds some quality to it. It does save weight though...

14. BelvnAWD

I'll buy a used one next year....

15. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I'll say it again.... Here I come EVO!!! (In 2010...)...

16. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

Really, does anyone have any insight on the designer these days? The new LGT was the guy from Alfa's first attempt at a Subi, i'm pretty sure anyway maybe not the first but close, the STI might have been done first. anyway, the new alfa's out in the market in Europe are FANTASTIC. i hope subaru lets the design team explore more of softer theme. they are loosing integrity with all the shit on the front end. there is sooo much going on it's hard to find a line you like. my favorite line on all of the WRXs is the crease that goes under the side view mirrors. the EVO is looking better these days because they aren't falling into this we must produce a car from the future for it to sell. infinity is following this philosophy, less is better.
    no one was mentioned the over-done interior. look at the ribbon going across the whole cabin. is it a GM still? there are so many ways to appeal to different buys, why over complicate things. Suabru, where is your Zen these days, gosh.

17. BelvnAWD

I guess I disagree with most on here. I REALLY like the way the car is shaping up. I think by the second year of this model, this is going to be a very nice looking car. I can't wait to see the STI version.

18. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

Pretty ugly in my opinion. The hood to windsheild looks like an MP5. I can't say that I like a four door hatch either, wheres the two door hatch. Now that would really be a WRC competitor.

19. I agree about being excited about seeing the STi model for this (next) year. A 3 door hatch would be perfect, but I'm not holding my breath.

That wagon (5 door hatch) looks horrible to me though. I'm wondering if subaru's new slogan is going to be "vroom vroom".

20. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

me no likey :(

21. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

22. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

haha they are keeping the RE92's

23. BelvnAWD

Don't worry Milo, from all the rumors and informed sources, the STI will be much more aggressively styled..

24. longfury

longfury Active Member

Yeap. They are. The WRX is so crippled so that it does not hurt the STi sales that its almost not worth it anymore. Its better to save a little longer and get the STi. I don't even see why they still have the WRX with it so crippled it can barely compete against other sport sedans in its class.

25. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

The STi is in the Hatchey only, from what I read. They will still offer a sedan, no coupe though.

26. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

27. Hazzard

Hazzard Member

28. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

is this to get around the double wish-bone rear end?
    if so, one could cut it sooner run the pile out in front of the rear wheels. that'd be bitchin'!

29. calmnothing

30. AK_Raptor

AK_Raptor Member

I just want to :barf: and then :slap: them for this this atrocity.

31. kingwrex

kingwrex Supporting Member

me no likey!!!:sad:

32. calmnothing

Looks like a legacy from the front....tsx from the side....and camry from the rear

Even Toyota's 2 new hatchbacks look way better than this. Toyota Blade and Toyota 3door Yaris

33. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Ah, nay sayers. ;) I am waiting until the car hits dealerships to pass judgement. Honestly, I hated the "spy" / "leak" shots of the '06 when I was driving my '03 bugeye. But after seeing the car in person, I changed my tune...obviously.

34. longfury

longfury Active Member

If the car goes like hell and handles well I am sure the Subaru faithful will buy it no matter what it looks like.

35. Fafnir

Fafnir Member

Well, the way Subaru does things, they'll redesign it in two years anyway. Hehe.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2007
  36. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

37. Deke

Deke Active Member

Last edited: Apr 3, 2007
  38. Hazzard

Hazzard Member

39. Sedan looks like a Camry with a hood scoop..... and looks like a Saturn from the back...... bleh.....

That said, the 5 door doesn't look horrible..... I wouldn't be opposed to getting one if the price is right. I learned not to buy a Subaru based on looks when the bugeyes came out......

40. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

that interior looks nice

41. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I think the sedan looks worlds better than the hatch. Also the new engines are hitting peak power 800 rpms soon right out the box....that's impressive. They are also longer and a little wider so handling is improved. Also 50 lbs. lighter.

42. BelvnAWD

I will say it again, the more pics I see the more I like the hatch. I learned to wait a year though and buy the STI for the price of a new WRX...

43. Deke

Deke Active Member

Haha, it has it's benefits, but still doesn't change the fact that it looks like poo. ;)

44. stiscooby

stiscooby New Member

yea not really growing liking to the new design. What happened to that agressive look????

45. longfury

longfury Active Member

The STi will be aggressive looking and wil have big flares and big wing and all that stuff.

This does mean that the WRX and the STi will share very few parts. Engine upgrades no longer interchangeable as this car uses the Legacy engine. Suspension will be different cause the STi will be wider with the fender flares. Struts might be interchangeable but I doubt it.

Looks like they intentionally made it so you cannot buy a WRX and upgrade it to STi specs.

46. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

:dunno

47. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

not sure if it's been posted...i tried to find it but here ya go...

http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/impreza_wrx.asp

I don't like it...does this mean the prices for the exhaust will go up 'cause of 2 cans. Booooo. It looks like a corolla with a hood scoop and the same kind of lip kit look that they put on the camry. Lame. I thought my car was ugly.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2007
  48. Deke

Deke Active Member

Well the countdown is over, Subaru offically unveiled it on their site.

Although the site seems to be running slow as balls (at least for me)

And weird, the sedan has dual exhaust, but the wagon doesn't.

49. chukostar

chukostar New Member

2007 New Impreza?

found it from an asian forums, check it out :)

2007 Subaru Impreza

[​IMG]

FHI Unveils All-New Subaru Impreza at the New York International Auto Show
    Fuji Heavy Industries Inc. (FHI), the maker of Subaru automobiles, today announced the unveiling of its all new Subaru Impreza(U.S. specifications) at the New York International Auto Show, whichwill be held from April 6 through 15. (Press days : April 4 and 5) Thethird-generation Impreza will hit the market around the world startingthis summer.

[​IMG]

Developed around the product concept of new, morerefined designs for comfort, the latest Impreza incorporatessophisticated styling and rich interior design, roominess and space,and outstanding comfort and utility, while offering a pleasant and saferide enhanced by Subaru Symmetrical AWD (All-Wheel drive) with theHorizontally-Opposed engine.

1. Advanced core mechanism
    Thenew Impreza showcases a redesigned chassis, body construction anddrivetrain, as well as substantially improved overall performance,under the theme “Only Subaru can deliver such attractive performanceand values.”1 It also provides a pleasant ride with ease of handlingand integrates performance with advanced safety and environmental considerations.

[​IMG]

1) FHI recently set forth a new theme for Subaru carsthat stipulates Subaru’s goal: Subaru offers a comfortable, pleasantdrive for the driver and passengers; provides peace of mind andreliability; and extends convenience, utility and functionality.

50. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

edit: I must say that I'm sure the body design will grow on me...but the rims are super disappointing, they always had some sort of character to them until now...