Anyone with an STi and Cobb Intake?

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by TURBOH4, Jun 26, 2015.

1. TURBOH4

TURBOH4 Member

So I've been enamored by the thought of being able to hear the waste gate and turbo spooling on my '14 STi. I was considering going aftermarket BoV but all the mixed things I hear about it really make me not want to.

From what I understand, the Cobb intake really opens things up and allows you to hear the sweet music the car is capable of making. I rode in a WRX that had the box/intake installed and was impressed. I'm just wondering if the results would be the same with the STi. Obviously some things are different between the WRX and STi.

It's silly, I know, but to me the sneezing and whistling is part of what makes this car. :rofl:

2. TURBOH4

TURBOH4 Member

3. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

Unless you want a super loud BoV sound an intake will probably make you more than happy with the sound inside the cabin. Make sure you get one that has a supporting tune from Cobb if you have an AP and want to go that route.

If you really want the BoV sound without the downside of losing all your precious metered air, you can switch to a speed density tune, but that's probably a lot of effort for just a noise maker.