ARK Performance & JPM Coachworks 2011 SEMA Hyundai Veloster Concept Vehicle

Discussion in 'JPM Coachworks' started by Alex, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

First and foremost, thank you to ARK Performance (http://www.arkperformance.com) for involving us in with this project. I understand that this is not a Subaru, but you must admit that the little Veloster is a neat (toy) car [​IMG]

ARK contacted us a few weeks ago to inquire whether or not we would be interested in joining them on a concept project for this years SEMA show. We agreed to lend a hand and are pleased to be apart of their team on this vehicle. There's a heck of a lot going on with this project and ARK is doing a bang up job on the design for this Veloster. The exterior aesthetic is strong and Joe and I are excited (to say the least) to see the vehicle in a few weeks at SEMA 2011 -- Las Vegas, NV [​IMG]

Brief excerpt from Autoblog (Custom turbocharged Hyundai Veloster to bow at SEMA — Autoblog Canada)

Brief excerpt from Hyundia NA Press Release.
    I will update this thread when we have uploaded photos of completed items.

Cheers,

2. Alex

We have not had much working time with the Veloster parts as they arrived via freight in the last few days. I snagged a few photographs of the seats, center console, armrest and shift boot to share with you all. Additional photographs and information available on our facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/JPMCoachworks. So far we have completed the following...

1. Driver & Passenger Front Seats
    2. Headliner
    3. Shift Boot + Shift Knob
    4. Dash Upper
    5. Center Console
    6. Center Armrest
    7. Sun Visors

[​IMG]
    jpm-veloster-seats-024 by JPMCoachworks, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    jpm-veloster-seats-027 by JPMCoachworks, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    jpm-veloster-seats-029 by JPMCoachworks, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    jpm-veloster-seats-022 by JPMCoachworks, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    jpm-veloster-seats-030 by JPMCoachworks, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    jpm-veloster-seats-009 by JPMCoachworks, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    jpm-veloster-seats-051 by JPMCoachworks, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    jpm-veloster-seats-040 by JPMCoachworks, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    jpm-veloster-seats-047 by JPMCoachworks, on Flickr

Stay tuned for photo updates tomorrow!

Cheers,

3. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

That's incredible!!! Incredible job guys!! Will send a blast on fb for you all

4. C_wagginz

C_wagginz Member

That's just awesome!!

5. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

looks awesome dude

6. Jake

Jake Active Member

love the custom seats! great work as always!

i'd like to see that thing in person, that car looks pretty neat

7. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

fantastic! That's what...3 cars you have your product in going to SEMA now?

8. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Again, awesome! You're really making a name for yourself with such quality work.

9. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

Insanity. Awesome Alex.

10. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Wirelessly posted (From Your Mom's House!: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; T-Mobile G2 Build/GRJ22) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

HOTNESS!!!!

11. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

I think those cars are cool looking... it will be interesting to see if the aftermarket does better with them then the genesis.

12. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

That shit is ballin.....

13. Nice! I saw one of those driving down the road the other day and wondered what it was.

14. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

One of my co-workers just got one of these... I had no idea what it was when I pulled in this morning. I think its pretty sweet! I didn't get a ride... But just going by looks. Nice wheels, pseudo-race seats.. put together well (no excessive gaps in panels etc..). Supposedly 40mpg... And room enough for a rather large guy....

15. Alex

Apologies for the lack of updates. My free time is just now beginning to return...just in time to fly out to the SEMA show in a few days. Phew!

We're rather curious to see if the aftermarket works out better for these than the Genesis as well. Regardless it was a fun project and we are excited to be able to have a few pieces of our work in Hyundai's booth at this year's SEMA show :) This is vehicle #3 for us and frankly, I don't think our hands (or sleep schedules) could have supported a fourth, regardless of how cool the opportunity. Here's the quick rundown; I'll be sure to post a better thread about this later today:

(1) 2011 Ford Raptor, featured in the Addictive Desert Designs booth.
    (2) 2012 Hyundai Veloster, featured in the Hyundai manufacturer booth.
    (3) 2011 Subaru WRX STI sedan, featured in the Deatschwerks booth

Other fun projects as of late have included working with a Lamborghini Espada (full dash, etc) and a Lamborghini Gallardo (steering wheel, etc).

Alex

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2011
  16. Alex

Here are a few exterior shots of the Luxury Performance Raptor exterior. These were taken by Steve Nissle outside of Addictive Desert Designs in Arizona. This thing is a serious BEAST :lol:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here is how she currently sits at paint.
    [​IMG]

As always, additional photos and information are available on our facebook page and the facebook page for the LRP: https://www.facebook.com/JPMCoachworks & https://www.facebook.com/LuxuryRaptor, respectively.

Cheers,
    Alex

17. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

you guys are really doing top-shelf work :)

i saw a veloster in-person a few weeks ago. very cool looking it really looks like it could be a fun car. i hope it does well, cause the oem specs are a bit lacking for my taste.

18. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

So how was the buzz around this car at SEMA?

19. brooks22

brooks22 Member

The new Velociter is so sick. I was trying to find your booth but had no luck since its like trying to find a needle in a hay stack. What section were you guys in?

20. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

Why no pics of the secret project? Still secret?

21. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member