ATL Top Shop Challenge!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Doug@DBW Motorsports, Mar 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Here's the original offer. Yes it was GT-R challenge later on but then Leh said no not with his so that's out. Ball is offering his car. So SUBARU it is.....as said this is WRXAtlanta.

So this goes for EVERYONE. Shut the hell up. Accept the challenge of SUBARU vs SUBARU and prove it once and for all.

No excuses no bullshit no fluff. Doesn't matter if whomever backed out.....respect the owner's decision to not risk their car. Talk the talk but WALK THE WALK.

Git Er DONE!

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  2. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

يجب عليك الرجال فقط تشغيل Subarus ومعرفة من هو أفضل.

3. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

English ya speak it? :rofl:

4. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Possibly.

5. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

You guys just run the Subarus and see who is better. - Translated

On a side note, how comparable is a Bugeye to a GR. They are nowhere near the same car, so the challenge isn't fair to begin with, and if Shariff were to win the challenge, Ball would be the first to point that out.

I think the $3K beater challenge is the only way to go. $3K same car, the rest spent on mods. Best driver/car combo wins. To make it even more fair, since these would be $3K beaters, halfway through the challenge, possibly switch cars.

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  6. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

With aftermarket suspension they are about the same. Stock vs stock no but with aftermarket suspension it evens out.

7. johnswrx

johnswrx Member

I have been gone for a while and come back a couple times a week to kinda look around and read to see whats going on. I have visited both shops within the last year thinking about buying another car and building it for me. Both are good shops and I hate to see this going on in the community..... It seems even if this happens or doesn't happen there is still going to be some beef between these two shops (don't get mad at me for saying that. It's just an opinion from somebody that isn't around to see everything) I think you guys try to get along also. But it would be nice for the community to be a part in an activity like this but I don't think its going to solve anything. In a perfect world it would be just for some clean fun for everybody to enjoy and maybe take place every couple of years for the community and the shops. I do agree this is WRXatlanta it needs to be done with subarus and good luck to both shops with whatever is decided. Lets all have fun!

8. Well this is the first I have read or been on this thread, and I have to say i'm frankly embarrassed.

First: This thread should have never been started by Doug in the first place. Mostly because neither Forged or us has the time to build a beater track car right now. Hopefully one day that will be a luxury of both of us (i'm sure Sharif agrees with me) however right now that is not the case.

Second: Matt nor Doug should have accepted any challenge extended because Matt and Doug don't own the GT-R to race it. For that over zealous reaction I apologize.

Third: The main reason this race will not happen is because of the spirit in which it is being promoted. The childish back and forth bickering between shops is frankly getting really old. The motorsports enthusiasm in our blood seems to have been replaced with derogatory comments and unhealthy competition. Its not fun or healthy for anyone involved or the community as a whole.

When everyone at my shop can appreciate the guys at Forged for their strengths and Sharif's guys can return the professional curtsy, then maybe...just maybe we can all go out and have some friendly FUN on the race track.

At the end of the day the only thing that one shop being faster than the other is going to do is pump up someones ego....90% of customers care more about customer service and honesty than they do who goes the fastest!

I apologize to Leh, Sharif and the community for any misleading comments made here or anyone that spoke out of turn. I think it best that this thread is closed with this post.

~Cicio
    TopSpeed Motorsports

9. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

:clap:

well said, my friend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.