Be on the look out Green and Carbon STI

Discussion in 'General Community' started by slowwrx, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Posted up a look out on stolenpartsatlanta.com aka importatlanta.com maybe something will show up there.

2. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Wow, is that site still around?

Ill watch over there as well

3. Yea mostly wanna bees, ricers, and herpes lol.

4. slowwrx

5. UpSideDownDesi

UpSideDownDesi Active Member

Sucks to hear no security cams at the apartments. I specially put my cams up to look over my cars. These lil honda thieves are getting desperate to get their hands on anything unique. Few months back, some drove through a garage wall to steal a Built Civc :eek3:.

Don't Subaru's have factory immobilizer or with AEM standalone, that feature was gone as well (correct me if I am wrong)? Whole time I thought WRX/STI's were safe and most likely will need to get towed away to be stolen.

Post up in Importatlanta.com in WTB section for some Subaru parts that you knew your car had or even body parts. Might turn into a lead.

6. K. Marx

K. Marx Member

I'm a little curious about that, myself. I don't know much about the art of car theft, but I've read that in a few places as well.

Of course, if it was someone who knew what he was doing and was serious about stripping cars down for parts, who knows, it may have very well been hauled away.

Regardless, I hope someone finds it!

7. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

I am pretty sure the AEM defeats the immobilizer. Plus even if it didnt, all they would need is a flatbed or car trailer to take it.

8. liltoua

liltoua Member

damn this is crazy...hope you find it matt

9. slowwrx

I'm not sure about the immobilizer with the AEM.

I kind of assumed that there were cameras at the gate or somewhere on the property but apparently they don't have any. Its a gated community but the gates are broken about half the time.

10. slowwrx

Well a quick search of Subaru\immobilizer\AEM shows that when the AEM is installed it defeats the immobilizer.

Thats something they might should note in the instructions.

11. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Gated community but broken? Hmmmm insider job of sorts it sounds like.

12. slowwrx

I think the gates were working when I left on Friday, they are of course broken again today and have been since Tuesday I think.

13. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

the gates at that complex are almost always broken.

14. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

Fixed :|

15. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

these gates are worthless anyway. just an inconvenience for the residents

16. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^ That... too easy to just wait and follow someone in.

17. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

^^

At my previous complex, the gates were either broken or there was always some dumb ass trying to get through without the key card. And what is a fence to a thief, "absolutely nothing".

18. slowwrx

Another Day with no contact with Cobb Pd. I talked to them yesterday because I had not heard from them. They said that it had not been assigned yet.

I'm starting to get annoyed.

19. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

They don't care about your slow car Matt.

20. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

as someone who dealt w/ cobb with a stolen car, they don't give two fucks about you or your car. They found my car less than 24 hours later and never informed me, it was my insurance agent that notified me it had been recovered and this was almost a week later. Oh, I also had to pay the impound fee b/c my car sat there for almost a week. Cobb county PD SUCKS COCK.

IF they happen to find it, tell them don't assign a detective to the case. They sprayed that finger print shit all in my car, it really messed up the interior. The cops did far and away more damage than the crooks did, even when you include the monetary loss of the USP .45 in the glove box. The estimated damages from them prying open my door and spraying that shit topped $2k. I wish the fucking police never touched it - especially since they had absolutely zero intentions of following through with any sort of 'investigation'

21. slowwrx

I'm giving them till noon then I'm calling again today.

22. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Matt I was kidding about the slow car part but you know me well enough :)

But as Drew pointed out....they don't care.

23. b reel

b reel Active Member

Seems CobbCo is more concerned with 'beaners' and their 'tag applied for' cardboard plates or Paki's selling beer to underage teen girls than your stolen car. Oh and they seem to enjoy shooting unarmed citizens too. ClayCo doesn't sound too bad after all.

24. slowwrx

Yeah thats becoming obvious.

Well I've pretty much done all I can think of at this point.

I posted flyers with rewards for info on every door in here, which was a serious workout.

I'm watching the forums and craigslist. Ill probably post some want to buy adds tonight.

I drove around the local ghettos but that was pretty useless. There is just to much ground to cover.

25. b reel

b reel Active Member

I'd hit the scrap yards next

26. slowwrx

Yeah I guess thats the next logical option.

27. b reel

b reel Active Member

Family friend had his tractor and implements stolen, scrap yard bought it then sold it to some dealer out in Athens. Happened to be driving by coming back from a race in SC and saw it.

28. you might have to slap on an argyle print sweater vest and go up there in person. always works for me.

29. did you ever find pics of it?

30. slowwrx

I've got pics but nothing since it was painted green.

31. b reel

b reel Active Member

white shell with the 180grit swirls on top?

32. slowwrx

Nah, it actually looked pretty good in flat green.

Its much easier to get to look good, I know why so many people are doing flat paint jobs now.

33. FACE

FACE Active Member

Dang Matt sorry to hear this! Best of luck with everything.

Fuktards...

34. pleiades

pleiades Member

green like this

[​IMG]

35. slowwrx

Yes thats pretty much dead on it.

36. UpSideDownDesi

For a color being that unique and stands out, I wouldn't be surprised if the car is rattle canned by now into a different color just to keeps eyes off.

I am always on search for parts for my car and have been looking, with anything related to STI/WRX. Can you post at least what are some stand out name brand parts like Brakes, sway bars, suspension, intake (probably made by you), exhaust, etc.

I am not in GA, for sure know good amount of people involved in the scene. All I will need to do is ask few people to look for some WRX parts for me. Hopefully something will turn up.

37. UpSideDownDesi

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  38. slowwrx

Thanks man, working on a list for my insurance company now. Ill post it as soon as I'm done.

39. slowwrx

Thank god most parts retailers email you invoices and receipts.

I had to dig back through emails since 2006 to find all of them. I didn't have all of them but I had quite a few.

Summit didn't have all of them available online so they are mailing them to me, still have to make a couple of calls this morning and get invoices from local shops I bought parts from.

The questions and items they ask you for are intrusive to say the least. I'm kind of annoyed by it but I'm trying to let it go and chalk it up to them just doing their jobs.

40. Justinmysti

Justinmysti Member

You should just take the most recent picture you have of the car and have an excellent photoshop junkie change the color/minor details so that you have a somewhat reasonable image to spread the word with. Like they said in previous posts. Lots of fast, cars have been stolen in recent months, atleast in most cases that i have heard about the crooks were caught. Possibly this might help in being able to obtaining your car once again.
    Justin

41. Drowland87

Drowland87 Staff Member Supporting Member

Any updates?

42. slowwrx

No not really, its been almost a month. I doubt Ill ever see it again.

43. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

I saw a CL ad for body parts that were green the other day.

44. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Wirelessly posted (From Brian's Mom's Bedroom!: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.3; en-us; Amaze_4G Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Link?

45. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

That's what I'm currently trying to dig up. I'm not certain it was that same color green though.

46. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Wrong color green. It's a bright green and it's only the front fenders which are definately OEM. Sorry about that.

47. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

No updates on this? Crazy they made a car that unique disappear.

48. Tperk90

Tperk90 Member

Any updates on this?