Dealer Review Big10 Tires Buckhead and Subaru of Gwinnett service

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by djkxgo0k, Jul 22, 2011.

1. djkxgo0k

djkxgo0k Member

I initially got my alignment done at big10 tires off ptree rd in buckhead because it's near my work. Before the alignment, the car was drifting left due to the suspension parts being touched during my clutch job (don't ask). They pretty much charged me for an alignment they never performed. I took it to them twice, and both times they failed to give me a print out of the settings. I asked for a refund.

On the other hand, SoG service dept let me know everything they found wrong with the settings, including missing camber bolt washers and the fact that the front right camber wasn't adjusting to less than -1.5, possibly due to hitting a pot hole or some other kind of shock. Print outs of the settings were given to me.

SoG was $90 for the alignment, as opposed to the $70 alignment at big10 tires. I'd stay away from this big10 tires, at least for alignments. Props to SoG for excellent service and communication.

2. John

John Active Member

Big10 probably just set the toe and kicked it out the door. Thats what most people do. It makes me sick

3. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

The big10 here next to the shop sucks major balls too.

4. djkxgo0k

djkxgo0k Member

that's probably giving them more credit than they deserve... they probably looked at the readings and thought "meh... close enough" and didn't touch a thing

5. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I wonder if SoG ever got their alignment rack fixed...It was all sorts of jacked up for years...

6. djkxgo0k

djkxgo0k Member

it was?? i took it to SoG back in november for an alignment and it was probably the best one i've ever gotten... but they did mention they've had issues with the alignment rack before and said it's fixed now.