black knight down

Discussion in 'General Community' started by miloman, Mar 12, 2006.

1. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

its a sad day. my baby is hurt and probably gone for good.

first off, i was not speeding. i had a greasy grill in my trunk and i would not speed and risk spilling that crap.

we hit a turn that was wet and had a lot of gravel.
    [​IMG]

lack of grip sent the rear end out which went off the road
    [​IMG]

i counter steered and gave it some gas and maintained a constant angle (about 45 degrees) for about a second or 2... i thought i had it under control but the rear end suddenly jumped out hard...
    [​IMG]

car almost flipped, did a 180, went across the road and into trees that probably saved drew and myself from dying.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

car is beat up pretty bad... the insurance guy looked at it today and said its probably totalled... physically i am fine... hope drew's knee is fine too

thanks to all who were there for me... it would have sucked much more if u guys weren't there

pic of the other side... it looks MUCH worse in the light
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2006
  2. slpymnky

slpymnky Member

Man that sucks. I am just glad you guys are okay. I always admired your car, but luckily that can be replaced. Again, glad you guys are okay.

3. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

sorry to see that happen, looks like a mess. glad everyone's alright though.

4. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

damn milo glad you and drew werent hurt! suks about the car. let me know if you need help ripping all the mods off if it does end up being totalled. wish you had pics of the bad side.

5. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

damn you! the numero uno car in ATL down...
    sorry to hear it! but at-least you 2 are ok

6. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

No problem, I don't like leaving peeps behind cause you never know.
    glad you guyz came out ok thats what really matters.:)

7. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Oh man, that sucks... glad you're ok though. Cars can always be fixed/replaced.

If insurance DOES total it, can you buy it back and put all your goodies on another car? Or will they let you swap stock parts for suspension/turbo etc?

8. xn00dlesx

xn00dlesx New Member

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wtc:

Dude, glad to hear that you are ok at least. THAT must be the worst feeling ever.

9. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

I'm really sorry brotha. If I can help out in some way I definitely will and I'm also just glad that you two didn't get hurt.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2006
  10. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Milo, you know how we all feel. We're still in shock about the ordeal and christ, thank god you are alive. To paint a better picture, what stopped the car from rolling straight down the ravine was 5feet of trees and mud. The mud helped slow the car tremendously and the trees broke the fall. It is amazing that they did not roll. According to Alex, Fez and Ryan they witnessed the car lift up nearly 2-3 feet before going off the side...backwards. Ryan and Fez were behind him, they also lost traction in the turn. Luckily, they swiftly recovered in time to pull off and immediately help Milo and Drew out of the car. Drew's knee may or may not be badly banged up.

The first 15 minutes were absurdly hectic, all of us stood there, palms clamy and faces pale just gasping at what just happend. We found a working cellphone and within 20 minutes Milo was on the phone with insurance while the remainder of us inspected the accident, took pictures and video. After about what felt like hours after it all happened, a tow truck showed up to pull the car up and back onto the road. Then 30 mins or so later, a flat bed arrived to tow the car home. It is amazing that they brush and mud stopped the car from sliding any further, and it is amazing the car did not roll. It is a miracle that both of them were unhurt (relatively).

Milo, we shall miss her, but in no time I know you will have everything settled and under control. We're here for you.

I feel that it is important that we stress that we were NOT speeding. We were merely "cruising" down the road, enjoying the scenary and the tasty food in our bellies. It was difficult to NOT slide on the road when we were walking through it. There simply was just too many small pebels and other dirty rock present to keep traction. We're not sure if it was runoff from the rain or what, but all three cars with coilovers lost control there (ped, sanders, milo).

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2006
  11. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

insurance is probably gonna total it... gonna have it towed to SOG tomorrow... they said i can swap parts back to stock so at least thats a good thing

i still can't digest the fact that this shit really happened... im glad thats all that happened... if those trees weren't there....

im gonna post pics of the other side

12. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

It's a real pisser that it happened right after you start making some great power with the 16G... now we'll never know for sure what it was capable of. :(

13. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

OH man wow. You guys were very luck. I'm glad no one was hurt. Would have been a worse day to lose milo though I'ms till sad to see the black knight gone.

14. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

you know,..... there is a fast sti forsale if they total it:naughty: but seriously, i'm glad you ok, if there is anything i can do for you let me know

15. Demo24

Demo24 Member

Holy crap! Glad you guys are ok!

Sad thing is I just got to see that car Friday. That was me hanging around SOG in the grey shirt waiting on Will. I saw the sticker and assumed thats who you were but I wasn't sure what to say to you so I didn't introduce myself.

16. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

The damage doesn't look that terrible... other than sheetmetal, what's broken on it? Hard to tell from the pics.

17. 04CoorsCan

04CoorsCan Member

OMG!! I know that just makes you sick to your stomach.....at least no serious injuries were sustained. Just be thankful it ended up like it did...instead of you playing superman without a cape....gosh that sucks man, I wish you the best with the next one. And glad you and everybody else was ok.

18. dlowman

dlowman Member

Milo,
    Glad you guys are ok for sure :) The good news is now you can use the insurance money and buy my car. I would give you a really good deal.

19. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Really glad you guys are ok, that really sucks(I know). Do not under any circumstance let the insurance company tow the car to their tow yard. When they do come to look at they will try and put a sticker on it that basically says they own it. Do not let them do that either. These people are not your friends, they are going to try and screw you. If you want to know more PM me and I will walk you through the insurance process.

Again glad your oke

Matt

20. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Milo,
    I'm so sorry to hear about your car, you loved that car so much! But I am glad that you are ok.

21. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

omg! dude i totally had no idea this happened yesterday! holy crap.....im in shock here. Im glad you guys are alright and i know you will stay in the subi family. lemme know if ya need anything man.

22. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Milo,
    Glad you're alright bro! I never have much time anymore, but if I can help you get something done, swap parts, give you a ride somewhere, etc. Don't hesitate to ask!

23. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

Milo & drew, I'm really glad that you got out fine. Damn.... Accident does happen in a blank of an eye. Hope that everything works out fine.

24. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Damn man....That truly sucks!! But, at least the car is replaceable, whereas you aren't! And drew too! Anywho, glad you are ok, and they will get you squared away soon enough!

-Matt

25. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Damn, Jason mentioned something about it last night but I didnt know the whole story. I'm really glad that you and drew are alright, I hope the crash didnt mess up drew's leg from the old crash.

Good luck sorting it all out.

26. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

Milo, first off, glad to see you and Drew are both safe and sound.
    This sucks about your car. It can always be repaired/replaced though.

I agree about some of those corners, at times
    it was VERY slippery at places.
    There was alot of pebbles/rocks all over the road.
    As this was a cruise and not a run, I can't begin to imagine what would've happened had we been at "run" speed.

I had very similar damage to my car when a deer ran into me. All along the side, doors, pillars, etc... It hurts to see this. :wtc:

As I'm sure everyone's stated, if you need any help with anything,
    give me a call any time.

27. Holy Shit man...this sucks greatly. I'm glad you guys are ok!

Er, it just looks like the side is really messed up and everything else is ok..?

28. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

this was by far one of the scariest things i have ever seen, All i saw from my rearview mirror was the underside of milos car and then the car disapeared over the edge:eek3:. I was choking on my words trying to tell Alex and Scott what had happened. Im very glad that you and drew will be fine:)

29. jayj713

jayj713 Member

Damn, I'm sorry to hear that but as everyone else said I'm glad that you guys are ok.

30. Fast Joe

Fast Joe New Member

Milo,

Sorry to hear about the car. Glad you guys are ok though. We have never met but I have heard alot of good things about you from rolling_trip. Hopefully you will be back on the road soon. You could always buy a new STI and give Chris hell. HaHa!!!

Brian

31. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

Milo,

I am devastated to hear that this happened to your car. I loved the ride I got around Scott's loop at the 555 party, and know that you must be devastated also. I hope you can either get it fixed through insurance (if I remember, you dont have that many miles on there) or you can get another suby and swap your mods over to it. I hope that both you and drew end up being ok, and that everything gets figured out.

Sorry dude,
    Brett

32. Deke

Deke Active Member

So that's what happened. Sorry to hear about everything but glad that you two are all right. Thank god you can switch all of the fatermarket stuff off. Hopefully with you won't take much of a hit to your pockets. If you keep all of the parts you'll be back to where you were in no time.

33. Wow man, that's terrible..... Glad you guys are ok.....

34. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

It's okie milo, things happen, the good thing ur still here for us, and others...
    i dont think the car has alot of damage from the pictures i c...
    but in person it may be more.. it all was speed good thing u weren't speeding or it could have been worse, look at good things, u can get urself a newer one, or another 02.. or whatever.. right now i'm in shock myself.. and i hope if anything happened u all who wwere in the car r okie.. and wish u well for minor self damage done to u.. cars can be replaced, life can't.. good luck milo and thanks for being there for us, and letting us know what happened.. keep us updated..

35. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

the damage looks much worse in day light... its going to SOG tomorrow for an estimate on mechanical damage... and scott's gonna have someone come over and make me an estimate on the body damage... the adjuster said the entire driver's side bottom looks real bad... we'll find out tomorrow

36. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

Wow, i just got back in town and read this. Yeah, I don't want to think about if it were a run. Holy crap! So glad you and Drew are okay! That is the important thing. Hopefully your insurance will take care of you. Maybe there's a STi in your future???

If ya need help with anything, let me know.

37. flip

flip Member

WOW! SOOooo sorry to hear the bad news Milo! I'm really glad that you guys are ok. I almost came out to this event but I had company down from out of town. Crazy to think that this could have been any of us... Keep us updated on your situation and if any help is needed I too am more than happy to do anything if needed! I'm wondering like a few others said, since there doesn't appear to be much other than body damage, what all is messed up?

38. N2BNLOW

N2BNLOW Member

I like everyone else am also sorry. Its to bad thats how the day had to end. But you two are ok , so thats great.

39. wrxguy

wrxguy Member

Milo,

I just wanted to say man i'm so glad that you are all right. When i was right behind you i almost ended up on the side of mt. with you. That curve is a hazard with the conditions we had on saturday. I'm just happy that drew and your self walked away from it with minor injurys. I wouldn't know what i would do if you guys got hurt. I know that everyone was shocked when they turned around and seeing me helping you guys out of the car on the side of the road. Situations like this make me rethink modifying my car. You can see the pictures that was the scariest shit i have every seen and I'm glag that Milo and Drew are all right. Also i'm glad that i regained traction and didnt make the situation worse and i didnt loose two good friends in the process. Just keep in mind if there is anything i can do to help you and your car please let me know.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2006
  40. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

holy fucking shit milo... i just got on the boards to do some actual reading for the first time in days. i'm so glad you and drew are okay. i can't believe this dude, you put so much into that car. i don't even know what to say. anything you and your passengers can walk away from is a good thing, but shit... i hope you can at least get a fair amount for it and start something even better? god that sounds weak. let us know if there's anything we can do man.

41. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

that is bad news!!!! Glad you are both Okay.

Let me knwo if there is anything I can do for you.

cough:06 WRX:/cough:

42. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

cough:05 STI:/cough

43. ScoobyChick

ScoobyChick New Member

I'm Sorry... Glad you are ok!!!!

44. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

yes

45. Genya

Genya No Longer Up At Odd Hours

Sorry to hear the bad news man, lemme know if I can help with anything.

46. dlowman

dlowman Member

cough 700hp sti lol

47. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

There ya go! :drool:

48. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

man i was on the boards last night and totally missed this thread:evil: man im glad you are ok man! I dont have much time these days but if you need anything what so ever please call me!

49. longfury

longfury Active Member

Sorry for the loss. I hope the injuries are not major.

I know how it feels. My car was the most important thing to me behind my family and my fiancee.

I was so messed up mentally that I didn't even really think about stripping mine. Its been 3 months since I totaled my car. I still have nightmares and near panic attacks everytime I see an animal in the road.

I hope you don't have the mental issues I have had from my accident.

50. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Milo, I'm glad you and Drew are OK. Sorry to hear about the car, bro. Hang in there!