Blew my motor..

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by Luke WL., Jun 10, 2006.

1. Luke WL.

Luke WL. New Member

So I came back to Fort myers for the summer, got the 20g on and tuned up, was running a sc mustang (ran 11.8) and walked him shifted into 4th and CRACK! touchdown! so im in the process of building my ams 2.3 stroker with lots of head work, ams intake manifold and changing over to aem ems... ill be back up when its done and would like to come out and see how it does.

2. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Good luck on the rebuild.

3. jayj713

jayj713 Member

that sucks :/ good luck.

4. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

that sucks...

good luck with that stroker kit. Sounds awesome.

5. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

hey Luke, why don't you share your full mods with us?? BTW, who tuned your car?? and how much power does 20g make??

6. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Yeah fill us in, because a 20g shouldnt make enough power to just break your motor. Sounds like you had some other issue to me.

7. wrxguy

wrxguy Member

Luke you live fort myers fl? Whats up man i lived in cape coma! sorry to hear about you motor

8. savsuby

savsuby Member

good luck how much hp do you think you will have

9. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Suckors. 2.3 Stroker will be a fun engine.

10. Luke WL.

Luke WL. New Member

Before, i was running the20g9 with meth at 28-30psi never got to run it before i blew.. never got it dynoed either, had it street tuned by scott at TTP in orlando (small dsm guy). It wasnt the tune that happened it was the loose belt. Full mods are just (now) AMS 2.3L forged stroker, ported polished head, 3 angle valve job, titanium springs lifters and retainters w/ams valves. HKS 272 cams, Buschur 20g9(6 blade), 3'' tbe, 720cc injectors, AEM EMS, Greddy FMIC w/injen hard pipes, ACT 2900 street disc with prostreet flywheel, walbro 255, forge rs bov and a few other things but im inn a hurry to catch a flight.

With the new setup on pump I should be high 300's low 400's (about where I was on meth before) and on c16 (im ditching the meth) should be capable of high 10's (theres a guy running 11.3 on 22 psi c16 ~30).

11. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Nice setup but I don't like buschur's stuff. Been a DSM'er for a long time and Bushur's stuff was mediocre but it's your car and sounds like it'll be a beast.

12. Luke WL.

Luke WL. New Member

its not actually a "buscher" turbo, its another company that takes the 20g wheel and puts it in an evo9 16g housing. than buschur renames it their own.

13. GTscoob

Seems like a 20G should make better numbers than that . . . they do on STIs at least.

14. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i thought the 20g on an STi would make ~370 on pump

15. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

They should.

16. Luke WL.

Luke WL. New Member

370's would be high 300's no? like I said high 3's low 4's on pump.

17. GTscoob

Isnt he running meth too?

18. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

exactly... i was responding to gtscoob
    he says he's planning on ditching it