Caffeine and Octane Thread

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by wagunz_pwn, Mar 3, 2012.

1. kenmitchell86

kenmitchell86 New Member

Thanks for the info. I am going to try to make it out. My car is a project car and still needs some work. Not really a show car at this point... I have only had the car about a month and a buddy of mine and I have been correcting some of the issues. I plan on taking it somewhere soon to get it checked out (professionally) and get it re-tuned. It has a lot of modifications and it should turn out to be a pretty quick and nice car. With that being said, I will also have to see about the mountain run. I would love to go. I read the info and looked at the photos and videos on the thread, and it looks like A LOT of fun.

2. Stetson

Stetson Member

My bug-eye is most definitely a work in progress. That being said - I have had it to the track and it is a riot to hoon around in. Come on out and have a good time this weekend. Stop by and get a Just Track It sticker for your window - dyno verified for 3 wheel horsepower.

Stetson

3. Western

Western Supporting Member

Your car doesn't need to be a show car to come out to Caffeine and Octane! :) I'm rocking that stock look right now. All that's required to come to C&O is that you're a car enthusiast and to get a spot with us, that you arrive early. Bring what you have! The mountain run is a highlight of my month, so I highly recommend it!

LOL.

4. vwcollector

vwcollector Member

The getting there early is the main issue lol...

5. Western

Yeah, but once you do it once, you'll understand why the show is awesome and why you have to get there early. As it starts to get colder, you'll have more time to get there and actually get a spot, but I wouldn't count on that this month. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. vwcollector

vwcollector Member

How bad is the police there these days? last time I went they almost sent a swat team after an old vw beetle that chirped second gear at 10mph...

7. AlexMoffitt

AlexMoffitt Member

Burnouts are pretty much the only rule they enforce. The police are really laid back. As long as you don't chirp tires/lay rubber, you should be good.

8. kenmitchell86

kenmitchell86 New Member

Thank for all the help. I am going to try to make it out there Sunday. If so I will be sure to come early. I really want to go on the mountain run. I just don't think my car is ready for that kind of ride. How long is the mountain run? Like I said it is a project car. It runs pretty good, but I seem to be having a air/fuel issue. I really need to take it somewhere and get them to give it a good check and have it tuned.

9. digitizedsoul

digitizedsoul Moderation is a vice Supporting Member

ya'll save me a spot please? might be closer to 6:30 for me

10. Western

Will do.

11. kaylee

kaylee New Member

I plan on coming out, what's the best time?

12. Western

5:45-6:00am is best to get a spot with us :)

13. Western

The December Caffeine and Octane is coming up this Sunday! Who's planning on attending this month??

14. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

i think the last one i went to it was spring, i've got family in town but I might try stopping by for a little bit.

15. Stetson

Stetson Member

I'll be there with my Bug-Eye. I usually set up with Exocet guys in the center.

Stetson

16. 07impreza

07impreza New Member

I'll be there

17. bluedestiny

bluedestiny Supporting Member

I am planning on being there, and going on to the Dyno Day later on.
    Sean [slowagon, the '80 series land cruiser] is still DJ'ing on Album 88 College Radio's Rotation show from 2a until 6a so he won't be with me however.

18. Western

Yeah I'm gonna hit Caffeine and Octane and then head to the Dyno Day as well.

19. Western

The first Caffeine and Octane of 2015 is THIS SUNDAY!! Who's in?? The weather doesn't look like it's going to be great, so I don't think a dose of Touge afterwards is in the cards, but hopefully it will hold out for at least a few hours.

So...Who's going to be there?

20. Drowland87

Drowland87 Staff Member Supporting Member

I'll probably be there

21. Western

Just looked at the forecast again, and alas it has changed. Now it's only a 20% chance of rain here in Alpharetta. If it holds up, we may end up doing a mountain run afterward after all....

22. joncrawford21

joncrawford21 Member

Weather looks like crap. If it clears up I might go.

23. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

I still have the spot holding buckets. If anyone wants to use them, feel free to stop by my place in the AM on Sunday and pick them up. I'm 1.4 miles away on Deerfield Pkwy.

24. digitizedsoul

I'll try to roll through, my car is filthy anyway so rain won't bother me.
    Considering I broke all 4 loose leaving in 2nd last time in the dry, I better not even spool if it's wet.

25. Western

I'm in the area as well. What do you drive? I've seen a black hawkeye STi and a Blue 15 WRX around here quite a few times.....

26. bluedestiny

Safety first :)

Also, planning on going as well

Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
  27. jrat

jrat Member

I'm going to try to be there as long as it isn't raining (although I don't have my STi anymore). Dogs are allowed, right? My dad is in town and wanted to come and he has his dogs.

28. Stetson

Stetson Member

Dogs are allowed, many people have them - just clean up after them. Depending on weather I'll be by with my bug-eye.

Stetson

29. digitizedsoul

Not even sure if they had the event, but obviously I laid out.
    Huge thunderstorm over my house when I woke up, that was not very motivating.

30. Stetson

Stetson Member

I woke early and saw lighting...and immediately went back to sleep. We'll try again next month.

Stetson

31. vwcollector

vwcollector Member

Not getting out of bed for me as well...:)

32. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

he lives!

33. Western

Heads up, February's C&O might be at a new location. I talked to the new Owner at the last one and he said the building where we have it now just got sold to new owners, and they probably wouldn't be so welcoming to our show. So....Just a heads up there.

34. AlexMoffitt

AlexMoffitt Member

From their facebook just now:
    [​IMG]

35. Western

Dang..I didn't even see that! Funny that I should decide to post it the same day they see it. It's definitely a new location. I can't wait to hear where it is.

36. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

riverside..... lol

37. Western

LOL. It'll be $5 to get in too!

38. orndog

orndog Member

Entry fee?
    Guess I've been to my last one. Where is Riverside anyway.

39. AlexMoffitt

AlexMoffitt Member

It's at Perimeter Mall! Score for me! (Since I live across the street!)

[​IMG]

40. Western

Lol that was a joke. A reference to the fact that Sunny used to charge to get in the Riverside meet. The official new location has been announced as Perimeter Mall By Macy's and Cheesecake Factory.

41. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

hrm, i dunno now. thats mighty early for me to drive that far half awake versus 4 miles it used to be

42. Oh sweet I live right across the street.

43. orndog

orndog Member

I have read that a lot, just as much as the 'sweet, it's actually closer now!' I fall into the latter category, the old location was just over an hour away from where I am now so I rarely went. Depending on weather I may or may not give this first closer one a pass - let them sort out their growing pains. But I will definitely attend more often now.
    I think this location is a good balance of being closer to metro without being IN Atlanta.

44. bluedestiny

Ah, about half the distance and hopefully half the travel time from VaHi :)
    And its still, in effect, on the way to the figure eight in N. GA!

45. orndog

orndog Member

Who all is going tomorrow? Have we picked a parking area?

46. Western

We can pick a parking area when we get there, but we have to all get there together to park together. I'm sure if we rolled in within minutes of each other there'd be no problem, but we can't save spaces. Mike and I were talking about meeting up at possibly the Best Buy right there next to the mall and then rolling over. Gates open at 6.

47. orndog

orndog Member

Is it still necessary to get there so early? Plenty of parking now and all...

48. 07impreza

07impreza New Member

Are we meeting up before?

49. orndog

orndog Member

I'm probably going, but will end up in the woman's Jeep. I might not get there until 7 or so.

50. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

This...

Everyone could literally park in a row next to the 450 spaces and have the same experience. And most of these classic/muscle/exotic owners could probably care less about seeing 12 or so similar Subaru's parking next to each other.

I'll roll in between 8-9