Caffeine and Octane Thread

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by wagunz_pwn, Mar 3, 2012.

1. suomi82

suomi82 Member

I'll be coming too, plan on being there by 8am. Excuse my dirty automobile.

2. b reel

b reel Active Member

what if one is a little different from the others?

3. Stetson

Stetson Member

I'll be there pretty early in my Miata, my Subaru is at AllPro for some track prep before Barber next month.

See you in the am.

4. orndog

orndog Member

I'll be in the jeep just because lol

5. JL889

JL889 Pandastic!

I'll be there in the M5, but prob with M guys.

6. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Now you know we all look the same in their eyes

7. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

Nice turnout. We were a little early though haha

8. orndog

orndog Member

lol see, I told you guys. I got there around 7:45 with no trouble parking. I missed seeing people (since I'd only recognize a couple of you), but sleeping in was great.

9. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Yep, I got there at 8:30, parked about 2 min from all the scoobs. It was pretty busy, I am interested in seeing where C&O is going, I think this is the best location yet.

10. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

agreed, was great to take a break from work and hang out. Definitely also agree we can probably meet up a little later :p

11. Western

Western Supporting Member

I agree...What a great show. Who was the white GR Hatch with Dark Wheels? It looked very similar to Alex Valdez's Car.

12. bullyhatch

bullyhatch Member

I was two cars down from Jeff's STi, If that's what your talking about.

13. Western

No...Dana and I were trying to figure out what the name of the new guy(at least to us) that we were talking to with a white hatch that looks like yours.

14. joncrawford21

joncrawford21 Member

I'm going to try and make it out tomorrow.

15. benfrancis

benfrancis Member

I'll be there

16. orndog

orndog Member

We're getting ready now, but the rain chances don't look great for the turnout. Wife wants to see the Christmas Vacation RV.

17. Western

Fun seeing everyone! Too bad the weather was uncooperative.

18. jdiwatts

jdiwatts Member

Weather sucked, but still had a good time. :)

19. Western

Always! The weather hasn't been our friend this year so far. It needs to get it's crap together!

20. benfrancis

benfrancis Member

I'm ready for C&O&Touge! It's been too long since I hit up the loop.

21. Western

Me too! I hit it at the beginning of February, but I'm still ready to start our at least once monthly mountain runs back up again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. Western

Because of Easter Sunday falling on the 1st Sunday, this month's has been moved to this Sunday. Anybody going?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. AlexMoffitt

AlexMoffitt Member

I'll be there. Happy that it's this weekend. I was itching for it.

24. Drowland87

Drowland87 Staff Member Supporting Member

I'll be there

25. orndog

orndog Member

Went to the last 2, skipping this one.

26. trojanchef

trojanchef New Member

I will be there if my car is ready.

27. digitizedsoul

digitizedsoul Moderation is a vice Supporting Member

So correct any of this if it's incorrect:

1. Location is now Perimeter mall?
    2. There is no entry fee as always? (Everything about sunny is a joke, it's implied.)
    3. We still all park together as before? I'll need to know where.
    4. We still try to get there at 6:30?

I may try to come depending on the answers to these questions. My car is still clean providing it doesn't rain. I had a lot of fun seeing everyone at the dinner meet this tuesday, and was very encouraged by everyone's kind words, got me kinda pumped to go to meets again.
    If anyone wants to do a ride-in with me for my firstie at the new location that would be awesome.

28. TougeFighter

TougeFighter Member

yes x4 however I do not know how IA and the Autox are going to affect this bunch this weekend.

29. Drowland87

This will be my first time at the new venue as well. Do we have a new "spot"?

30. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

Plus the Atlanta international auto show (lol)

31. Electioneer

Electioneer Member

Might be in town this weekend. Anyone showing up?

32. AlexMoffitt

AlexMoffitt Member

I plan on being there. Though the weather doesn't look like it will be too inviting.

33. Stetson

Stetson Member

let everyone know where you will be parking. I went last month and the Subarus were scattered all around. Lets all park in the same area

34. STIstorm

STIstorm Supporting Member

Meeting up at stars and strikes about 7 to ride down together

35. STIstorm

Just a reminder for those of you NEW to the group and those who are not on FB. We will be meeting up at the Best Buy across from perimeter mall Sunday March 6th starting at 6am and plan to leave at 6:30am, so we can drive over as a group. For all the NEW members this is a great monthly meet to introduce yourself and see some really awesome cars! Hope to see a lot of NEW faces on Sunday!

36. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

I'll do my best to be there!

37. gonna try and make it!

38. digitizedsoul

digitizedsoul Moderation is a vice Supporting Member

doubt i can do it this time ya'll, but i'll try.

39. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

Im out this month, autocross has started up and SCCA Atlanta Region Points 1 is this Sunday morning.

40. bluedestiny

bluedestiny Supporting Member

Ill be out at SCCA Atlanta Region Points 1 is this Sunday morning as well.

41. Hindsight

Hindsight New Member

Hey guys, new member here. I'm building a Factory Five 818 using a 2007 WRX drivetrain and am about 80% finished. It's running and driving but have not yet begun mounting the body or installing the interior (beyond the seats and hand controls). It's in a good spot for people to see all the stuff that would be normally hidden by the body so I'm thinking about trailering it down to C&O this weekend.... would love to park up with the Subie community and talk shop. Is there a specific place in the parking lot where you folks like to gather?

If you aren't familiar with the 818: http://www.factoryfive.com/kits/project-818/

42. Drowland87

43. Drowland87

Unfortunately I will miss seeing your 818 as I'll be at the airport. I hope to see it in the future though!

44. bluedestiny

bluedestiny Supporting Member

Same here, it's the first SCCA Auto X of the year for me.

45. STIstorm

Truly an amazing piece of machinery! We will be meeting at the best Buy across from Perimeter mall at 6:00am and plan to leave at 6:30am to drive across the street to the event. It will be amazing weather and parking will be very tight once 7am comes around.

46. Hindsight

Hindsight New Member

Thanks guys. I will have the car on a flatbed car hauler being towed by a uhaul pickup. I'll see you at Best Buy at around 6am.

47. Hindsight

Hindsight New Member

Great meeting everyone today; very nice group of people. Looking forward to more.

48. STIstorm

I'm looking forward to you getting the 818 street legal!!!

49. STIstorm

Well it's that time of the month again, With C&O only 5 days away!!! For those new faces and the the ones that are not on FB. We will be meeting at the Best Buy across from Perimeter Mall at 6am and plan to leave together as a group at 6:20ish. I hate repeating myself; but every month this event gets bigger and bigger, which is great! However, this is really early for some and if you want to park with the Club I would strongly suggest that you arrive no later than 7 as the parking lot and spots fill up really fast now!

50. Hindsight

Hindsight New Member

Thanks for the reminder. I may sit this one out and use the time to focus on getting my car together so I can bring it again, completed this time. The weather looks great - similar to last month but may be a little warmer.

Hope everyone has a good time. I'm inching closer:
    [​IMG]