Car-Lab XBrace

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by slowwrx, Jan 5, 2007.

1. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Ok so I was about 5 beers and two parts installs deep when I posted that last night.

Bottom line I like it you can feel a diffrence. The back of the car feels more planted, Ill post results after I get it to the track.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2007
  2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Ive been eyeing it for a couple of months now...its quite pricey though.

3. slowwrx

It is but I honestly think it may be worth it, Ill let you know after I get on track with it.

Matt

4. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

so you do see a difference? little lost here. at first you didn't notice any change, but now you do? or was it installed incorrectly? lost i say...

5. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

If you are going to autoX your car, don't get it, as it will put you in the Prepared class. Such chassis bracing isn't allowed in STU/BSP or SM.

--
    Brian

6. Alex

Its on par, pricing wise, with the s204 rear strut damper...yes I said damper, it isnt a solid strut brace, its actually a damper and as the chasis twists going into the turn, the damper provides more firm resistance...as the car comes out of the turn, the damper relaxes. Nifty eh ?

7. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Quite.

8. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

hmmm... sounds cool.

**off to update my lack of JDM-ness to see what this strut damper looks like**

9. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

Please link a picture when you find it

10. Demo24

Demo24 Member

[​IMG]

Thats it. Doesn't look terribly exciting. Was wondering how it worked, thanks Alex!

11. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

I assume the black piece is flexiable, as the chasis twists, the black part "dampens" the twisting motion of the chasis as Alex puts it? Thats my guess.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2007
  12. slowwrx

With the xbrace, it actually loads the chassis so there is no flexing or twisting

13. Alex

Yes, to clarify -- X-Brace is chasis bracing, the s204 damper is a strut bar...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. slowwrx

It disturbs me that there is that much flex there, and obviously Subaru recognizes it because they make a part to fix it.

15. Alex

Exactly, that's my favorite part about the "S" line they do. They revamp almost everything :)

16. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

The chassis is pretty stiff as is but there is always stuff that can be stiffened. I think I remember reading that the GD/GG bodies were over 100% stiffer than the GM/GC bodies.

17. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

yeah, every year it seems they find ways to stiffen the body by 30%+ more.
    (insert joke here)

18. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

so this dampner should be leagal for STU and or SM correct?