Cloverfield

Discussion in 'Movie Reviews' started by BelvnAWD, Jan 10, 2008.

1. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Saw this last night and really enjoyed it. Thought it was more a mix of "Sign"s and "Alien" than anything else. Good flick and interesting to watch the movie from the perspective of the video camera...I never bothered to see Blair Witch...

2. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

saw on cnn that they were saying many people had to leave movie at times because they were experiencing vertigo...either way I'm moving onto bigger better things in my life..sitting in the movies waiting for Rambo to start!

3. Deke

Deke Active Member

So I finally saw this tonight. And I must say, I was very pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed it thoroughly :)

4. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Just watched, I thought it was really good.... Shaky cam was annoying and I could see how it would give people issues but.. It was cool to see the story from a diff. perspective.. Also, cool that there was no cheesy H-wood ending.. a good ole' everyone dies! Monster seemed a little inconsistant on his size.. sometimes he was obnoxiously huge, sometimes just kindv'e huge.. Loved the little guys he spit out too...

5. EJRex

EJRex Member

Everyone didn't die.. the black girl (brother's g/f) got away in the 1st helicopter, and then rob and his g/f didn't die in the tunnel, they just dropped the camera. If you wait for all the credits to go up, at the last, you can hear rob say "now what?"..

6. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

they need to make the sequel a real movie. At the very end you hear them say "Its still alive."

I like this p.o.v style but the sequel def needs to be a movie showing what happens next. I keep hearing about them wanting to do the same event from someone else p.o.v and I think that will be a waste of a movie and pretty lame.

7. jayj713

jayj713 Member

I came out of there nauseous as hell, huge headache too. But maybe it's because we got there really late and had to sit in the 3rd row.

8. EJRex

EJRex Member

It's funny, but depending on where you saw it, some of the theaters showed the alternate ending, and some where it says something different at the end.. like yungdz said, the theater version I saw said "it's still alive", but the dvd says "now what", and the alternate ending showed a soldier find the camera in the rubble.. but ya, I think they should have a different pov in a sequel.. maybe a military one.

9. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^ yeah... I must have missed that.. or the ending was different on the DVD... Last thing I remember is the 2 underneath the tunnel and the big bomb leveled everything... Didn't hear anyone say anything... didn't watch the alternative endings yet.. gotta rewatch...

10. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

theyre already doin the sequel, and i thought the girl who left via helicopter was killed when it blew up...

also, vertigo isnt that bad when you watch it on a smaller screen (not in movie theaters)

11. EJRex

EJRex Member

^ remember they got on different helicopters.. there was the 1st one she got on, which got away, then the one the other got on that went down..