Coin... the All in One Credit Card

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Matt, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

2. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Looks like a great idea but there are a lot of places that ask to see the card especially on bigger purchases. Also, can you imagine how easy it will be for thieves to use this?

3. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Go on..

4. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

hmm i don't have many cc's but honestly i really like the idea of it, could get me to the point of just having a bill fold clip with that and my id's

5. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

wow! Great concept but I see people being deterred due to security..."In case you leave your coin at home, like a dummy" ha

6. Dheim96

Dheim96 Member

If you look at their FAQ they added some pretty funny things to it.

7. Dheim96

Dheim96 Member

It deactivates itself after a set amount of time when it cannot communicate with your phone.

8. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

the majority of the security issues have been addressed and shouldn't be a problem by launch. Go check out the site, if you're only reasoning is the security side (meaning, you probably didn't read up on it), you're probably choosing the wrong basis for your argument.

my only major complaint on it is the battery, which isn't rechargeable and requires you to replace the entire card. Says it has an estimated life of two years, but it would be nice if they could incorporate some style of inductive charging so you wouldn't have to start over

9. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

But then they wouldn't see the fancy color of my card (in my best douchebag voice)...

10. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

i dunno, i just go a bunch of black and platinum YO!

on a serious note, i agree i really don't see this as being much more of a security issue than a normal card. but meh, i guess since its digitally stored there

11. Jake

Jake Active Member

i thought the future of shopping was everything stored on your phone? this seems a little behind to me. i know some retailers already have in place RFID/wifi/receivers that allow shoppers to simply walk in, grab what they want and walk out and the system automatically charges your account via your phone. Sort of like the ISIS system, but without stopping at a cashier.

12. JL889

JL889 Pandastic!

I preordered one. I think it'll be good to help thin down my wallet.