Coming a new car is....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Doug@DBW Motorsports, Nov 9, 2009.

1. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

So I guess I was correct with the GT2? If so, do I win at least a ride in the car?

2. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Man. 2 weeks after the guys move to Forged and you can already afford a GT2? You must of been paying them bank!! :rofl:

3. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Meh he's keeping all the costs for himself.....greater profit margin ;)

4. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Wirelessly posted (From Your Mom's House)

I saw it...even though it's dirty, it's hot!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  5. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

nice congrats dude!

6. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

New Shop Car

996 GT2 - 1 of 56 Seal Grey's

[​IMG]

7. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

I saw it too, it is awesome!

8. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

don't know what to say besides congrats man

9. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Very good Doug!

10. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Will you be running it in the One Lap series? If so, does it run in the same class as Lucy?

If so, you are going to tear up the circuit this year, big time.

Sweet ride, hope you will take me for a spin sometime. Never ridden in a Porsche before.

11. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

DROOOOOL :jerk::clap::naughty::drool:

12. Doug@DBW Motorsports

We have really big plans for the GT2, but I can't really say just yet :ddirty:

As soon as I can finish up this last tune we are going to get a base line dyno run... but its been crazy hectic at the shop right now.. hell this is my third tune just for today.

13. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I'm really happy for you Doug. That is my dream car and I'm excited for ya. I'm also glad to hear the shop is still going strong.....I knew it would!

14. longfury

longfury Active Member

I would get killed in a GT2. So much power for a rear engined, rear wheel drive car. Congrats on the car as it is one hell of a ride. I would go for a 911 Turbo AWD or a GT3. But, I am getting old and bought a wagon they call a hatchback about a year ago. I can't handle those crazy cars anymore(its not like I have ever driven a car like that either). :rofl:

15. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I've driven a GT3 and it was a freaking BLAST! But at that level I'd want what Doug has. Something about sliding that rear end out is soooooooooo fun :dirty:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  16. longfury

longfury Active Member

Oh, I agree on a nice power slide. A GT2 scares me though. 500+hp in a rear engined, rear wheel drive car. It is a beast on a level of its own.

17. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Something about 700-800rwhp... excites me.. lol

18. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

LOL. What that car weigh Doug?

19. I have also been used to AWD cars for quite some time. BUT I will have to say that the way the GT2 lays the power to the ground is amazing. Don't get me wrong the car DEMANDS respect when you hit the loud pedal, but its like it SITS, HOOKS, AND GOES!

We are really excited to see what these things can do when pushed!

SIDE NOTE: he car is going on the dyno in less than an hour! Any Doug and I both have our guess on base line power numbers...anyone care to venture a guess? I will buy the closest a beer :)

20. We have yet to put the car on the scales, I would give you the curb weight from the spec sheet, but anyone can read that :) I we will let you know as soon as we corner balance it!

21. pankopp

pankopp Member

this is awesome! so awesome.....

22. bjtyson3

bjtyson3 Member

and the numbers are..?? :)

23. The car is on the dyno NOW! We are within 10 min of knowing what this thing will do.

My guess is 436/492
    Doug thinks 453/504

24. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

460/485

25. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Wirelessly posted (From Your Mom's House)

442/498

26. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

448/502

27. QueenWrex

QueenWrex New Member

450/490

28. We had a customer stop buy that has a race tomorrow and needed some help, so we had a little delay.

We are going to bring the car out to the meet tonight at Taco Mac so we don't have time to hook up the tack wire and boost lines. We will get HP numbers tonight quick and torque numbers tomorrow.

Who is coming out to Taco Mac tonight? Should be a good time.

[​IMG]

29. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

DAMN!!!! ready to see the base numbers and even more ready to see what yall do with it!

30. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Ok... pressed for time I was unable to hook up a good working tach signal. So for now the graph only shows HP. Would be nice to put it back on the dyno tomorrow but we will have to see if I have time since have two tunes to do.

Untill then here is the graph of hp only.. Bone Stock, still with the piss 91oct cali gas (will be interesting to see what 93 picks up and then some custom tuning :eek:hnoes: )

446rwhp
    [​IMG]

31. kingwrex

kingwrex Supporting Member

sweet deal. see you guys at taco mac

32. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

droooooooool.

I want one.

33. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

I have no words o describe my level of jealousy...grats!

34. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

car is very sexy

35. Wow, beyond cool...

36. bjtyson3

bjtyson3 Member

any torque numbers yet?

37. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Took it the SE subaru, DSM, EVO shootout to get some baseline track times before the modding mania begins.

Best time ran was an 11.8 @ 120mph... not too shabby for a stock car. Hopefully next time out she will be in the 10's.

On a different note our shop sponsored eclipse that I tune ran a personal best of 8.86 @ 165mph making it the fastest eclipes not running methanol in the country... woot woot.. Winning the whole SHOOT OUT

TopSpeed Tuned FTW!!

Expect a full writeup and new thread about this weekend soon

38. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Dang Doug I wish you would've told me you were going to this shootout. I would have went and not bailed since I live only 1 hr from there :(

39. Doug@DBW Motorsports

looser... I kid.. yeah I was surprised I didn't see you there.

40. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I was going to go with the car and the new setup but due to recent activities I decided to stay home and save money and spend time with the wife.

41. bjtyson3

bjtyson3 Member

where was the shootout at?

42. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Fayetteville, NC

43. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

44. Doug@DBW Motorsports

haha.. thats awesome. Yeah not including drag racing or other car just when we raced Lucy we won 4 Grand Champion Trophy's in 5 events.. which was awesome as everyone knows 2nd place in Time Attack is the first looser. With the new GT2 build coming along nicely we look forward to once again stacking up alot more 1st place trophy's in 2010.. :)

Edit.... actually it was 4 Grand Champion Wins (ie faster then anyone else) 4 Unlimited Class win, and 5 unlimited awd wins... Some teams have been running the Time Attack events for years now and have yet to win even one class win let alone a Grand Champion win.

[​IMG]

45. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Sell me the green car back

46. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Make me an offer.. the roof is mainly done but needs some mud and sanding and a custom roof skin built, the front wheel tubs along with extreme weight removal is all complete. In total the complete tub as it sits now weights in at 380lbs... so figure full race weight with a 5sp could come in under 2000lbs if build right.

Seriously... throw out a number... I know you gave me the car but I have a ton of time it now however I have little time to work on it.

47. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

A lot has changed since 2008. We all better come very prepared. The times Lucy ran in Unlimited Class in 2008, were nearly bested by Modified class AWD cars in 2009. I expect everyone will be much faster in 2010.

48. Doug@DBW Motorsports

We will be ready, I am well aware of the changing cars.. and had I continued to develop the race car it would be right there with the fastest today.

As for the GT2.. we still plan on keeping it a street car so it will be run in modified class with good suspension, RSR Aero, a ton of HP, and a good driver.
    While not stupid fast similar setup GT2's turn 1:56's around VIR on a set of Pilot Sport Cup tires which is faster then Lucy ever ran there.

Hell if its fast enough we may even swap on some full slicks and run it in unlimited... we shall see.

49. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

LOL...a "good" driver huh.....Ill just assume I know.....