Competition Clutch????

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by josh booth, Sep 20, 2010.

1. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Is anyone here running a comp clutch and if so what do you think of them? I have a ACT stage 2 now. How would the two compare?
    Thanks,

2. Jake

Jake Active Member

i keep hearing bad things about them. i can think of at least 3 people in the atlanta area who have had their cars used as 'test' cars by them in which they installed clutches, and im positive all 3 had problems.

3. Matt@Topspeed

Matt@Topspeed Member

Really good people at Competition Clutch, they just don't have a good clutch for the STI or WRX.

4. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Didn't you hear? ACT stands for...

Awesome and the
    Competition cant
    Touch our awesomensss.

I've never used a CC, however, I will agree with Jake more and more negativity is surfacing. 'Course, that really only matters if you put stock in that sort of thing.

5. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

No good for the Subaru market. Have good things for other makes and models though.

6. Jake

Jake Active Member

i didnt wanna speak for him, but you may know changaroo (photographer, done work here and lots on IA). CC did a 'test' on his honda (swapped V6 accord with 6speed tranny), and i dont know the whole story but according to him they didn't put the transmission back together correctly and eventually that led to the transmission being destroyed.