Confirmed...09 WRX kicks sand in 08's face!!!

Discussion in 'General Community' started by Superdude, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Oh yeah, if it stays right around $25k this might be a viable option..... almost STi performance for $14k less, sign me up! Time to start lobbying the wife..... :D

2. longfury

longfury Active Member

I am hoping to pick up a 09 WRX Premium hatch for about the same as I have been quoted for 08 WRX premium hatches. About $25k + TTT. Wish me luck as dealers hope to have them by the end of August.

3. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

:slap:

4. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

If the 5sp is not bullet proof no mas subaru! That's the least they could do after all these years, especially since they have been doing it in Japan from the get go. No a big fan of the EvoX either but that EvoIX that's a bad boi!

5. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Shhh, don't tell Celine I said that...:bowdown:

6. renegade

renegade Member

No Fender flare??? GHEY

7. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

the 08's don't have the fender flair, why should the '09?

8. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

08-09 WRX = fugly

9. All Stateside WRX's = Ugly

Subaru has something special and something magical, but aesthetic appeal isn't on the list..... but that's all subjective anyhow.....

10. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

True! My BugI is UGLY!

11. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

I'm aware. I think it's a good move, as the wrx will be more hardcore this coming year, as it probably should be from the factory. I'll say this: 08s are going to be rare, I bet. I mean I'm yet to see one at a meet. Probably not really a good kind of rare, but rare nonetheless.

And stop with the REX bullshit. Its retarded, annoying, and getting quite old to be honest.

/threadjack

12. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I’d say that with these revisions, it’s obvious that Subaru is seeing the error with their ways… they got to where they are by being “different” and the WRX was a success because it didn’t fit the mold… we didn’t buy them because they were “cute” or because they were “bland” we bought them because they were fugly and went like stink!!!

13. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

I was thinking about getting 08 STI... but it seems like the return on perfomance difference with 09 wrx and 08 STI won't be that big relative to their price...

I'm going with option B now.

14. longfury

longfury Active Member

Exactly!

15. Davidwrx

Davidwrx Member

Do we know what the price is going to be. I would guess upper 20's. I can't imagine they would keep the 08 pricing.

16. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

naw the 06-07 will be rare, it's the last two years that the car looked good and still had good body lines in most peoples eyes, plus there nothing that rare about the 08 or 09's, maybe that they have a sweet plastic intake manifold? or they look like the madza 3's??? i donno

and it is a REX.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2008
  17. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

:rofl: :rofl:

:unamused:

18. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

thank you!!

19. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

Amen brosef! Preach on! :rofl:

20. So how long do I have to wait before my 06 is worth a lot of$$$

21. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

800 years

22. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

I think many will agree!!!

23. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

I was just saying that there will be practically none of them on the road. It'll be like the bastard child of the wrx lineage.

Sad beans...it's not the shitbox everyone made it out to be.

24. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Just a foot not when the 02 came out even the car magazines were like it handles well but we're not quite sure where Subaru was going with the styling. Your car is simply no exception to the rule that's all. What I am still waiting is your dyno numbers!!!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2008
  25. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Other than the suspension, the 2009 is probably gonna be the same engine and turbo setup...just a little more aggressive tuning. That being said 2008 has just as much potential.

26. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

yeah, its not like when they went from 05-06... when the 05s got fucked...
    =(

27. longfury

longfury Active Member

Subaru stated in their press release that the 2009 WRX is getting a larger turbo. Most think it is the LegGT turbo.

28. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I stand corrected....missed that info.

29. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Yup and a 20g if the owner is willing

30. 2thAche

2thAche Member

In a perfect world Subaru would match the WRX bump with a 400-420 HP STi. Shake things up and give C6 drivers something to think about.

31. BelvnAWD

Cool idea, but with the amount of posts I read (and I am sure SOA as well) saying I will never pay XXXXX for a Subaru, its not going to happen in the states. Hell, people were complaining about the new STI cost and yet look at how capable the platform is. I think Subaru has done their job, provided a massive amount of Bang for the Buck, while leaving enough room for the customer to add more power, handling, styling etc as they wish...

32. I think everyone is complaining about the new STi's cost because when it came out it could be had for right at $30k..... the new STi is a $40k car any way you cut it which puts it out of a lot of people's price range..... $10k more for a car with essentially the same performance as last year's model, it's tough to justify it.....

Now, take this upgraded 2009 WRX and keep it around $25k to be competitive with all the other little turbocharged cars running around..... that will be the essence of bang for the buck.....

33. longfury

longfury Active Member

I hope our local dealer insiders will post up when their respective dealers get 09's in stock.

I really need to drive one of these things.

34. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

I will stick with a used WRX or STi from the WRXAtlanta classifieds
    14k-24k that will walk all over one of these new cars and faaaaar less insurance :)

35. longfury

longfury Active Member

I want a hatch and don't like the WRX wagons from yesteryear.

36. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Then yes the 09 definitely especially if budget is not the focus:naughty:

Next few oil changes at Classic I will be jumping in one for a test drive when they get them.

37. longfury

longfury Active Member

If budget was not a focus I would have a 08 STI. :rofl: Budget and my trade in keeps me from buying used and from getting a 08 STI. So, 09 WRX 5-door is in the future.

38. 2thAche

2thAche Member

Honestly for close to 40k the STi should be pushing 400HP. I would be interested in that deal, but at 38K+ I'd have to look at a used M3 or even a used CTS V.

39. longfury

longfury Active Member

If you know where to look you can get virtually base model STI's(no BBS or Navi) for less than $34K. The MSRP is $36,133.

40. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

I feel you there brother! For 40 k I would have an Evo 9 in the garage & a 99 or 00 RS for the daily, probably still have 5K to play with!

41. BelvnAWD

Edmunds is reporting the 09 will be base priced under 25K. Did Subaru just steal the bang for the buck award back?

42. longfury

longfury Active Member

If it can match or beat the MS3 in handling, then I would say yes.

43. Hey now, this might really be worth looking into.....

44. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

True!

45. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

dunlop sp01

46. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

92x

47. longfury

longfury Active Member

They don't make those anymore and I didn't like those anymore than the wagons. :p I am picky.

48. longfury

longfury Active Member