Considering Motorcycle need input...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Dr.Chris, May 28, 2008.

1. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

good thing he wasn't on a faster bike... he could have been going fast enough to kill himself yesterday.

2. soobaroo227

soobaroo227 Member

Yeah, any bike can hurt you. The powerful ones just make it that much easier. But, that's just a reminder that you have to be careful out there. I had a car pull out in front of me the other day and give me a nice scare. Hope everything goes well for your friend by the way.

3. schneid

schneid Member

good ancedote there.

my 600rr is a lot of bike for my first, but I compare motorcycles to handguns. yeah, its easier to die if you shoot yourself in the head with a deagle .50 than a .22, but dont blame it on the gun. Have some responsibility folks. I feel scared for the people riding vespas around atlanta in t shirts, shorts and sandals. I ride in full gear and I'm ready to gun it or nail the brakes at any time, and I feel like my bike goes, turns and stop as well as any out there. So i'm well equipped to save my ass if something happens (as Im also well equipped to hurt myself on this rocket). Just ride carefully within your limits.

And dont forget, ATGATT:wiggle:

4. JEFFSTI

JEFFSTI Member

be careful when you get back on your bike after not riding it for a while. i got so used to my sti with my racing brakes. it stops on a dime. i used to think that my bike stopd fast. i pass up turns on my bike that i can make in my car. it doesnt stop as fast as my car.