Conyers Toyota-Review

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by Nemesis Digital, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Wow so where do I begin...

First off let me say this. Ive had almost nothing but problems with this dealership from the beginning, and would never go there if my life depended on it.

Problem number one- I go to check out my current car I own now. A 2004 WRX in the used pre owned division. I spoke with a sales rep that actually posts his cars on IA for sale also, I believe he told me he goes by the name of DevilBoy on there. He basically tells me the car has been inspected and serviced according to them, tells me he isnt sure why the air bag light is on (wow pretty knowledgeable ). However, the rotors were warped and the car needed fluids. Of course he lied about it all. I get the car anyways, and speak with the general manager.

The airbag light was on because the harness was cut underneath the seat of the passenger side! YET THEY SOLD ME THE CAR! Subaru of Gwinnett took care of the brakes and airbag light for , and sent the bill to Conyers Toyota. All good right? No.

So Ive been riding around with a temporary tag for almost one month now and its about to expire. I actually got pulled over the other day for it, and the police officer told me that there actually was a tag already waiting for me. The Toyota dealership tells me they have one waiting for me, so I go on Saturday to pick it up, and they say they cant find it and to call back on Monday. I call back, and I speak with some old hack named Barbara on the phone and she explains how they never had a tag, and I cant go to the tag office to obtain one because they dont have a signed title on their end!!!! You have got to be joking.

So now Im trying to get in touch with someone that knows their ass from a hole in the ground to get a tag and be done with that garbage dealership.

DO NOT GO TO CONYERS TOYOTA AND DO NOT DEAL WITH THAT REP NAMED JOSHUA. THEY WILL LIE TO YOU TO MAKE A SALE

2. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Sounds pretty shady...

3. Brian

Brian Active Member

If they can't get a clean title, get your money back before real problems start.

4. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

why did you pay them when they cant transfer a title to you ?

DId you recently mod it (UP or something)

5. As far as what I was told everything was fine, and they had a title in pocession. Especially with it being sold at a dealership such as them you would kind of expect some honesty at least.

Im not returning the car because there is nothing wrong with it anymore, however I just thought Id let everyone know about their lies. And I know one of their employees posts on here! :hsnono:

6. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

You're probably best off just taking it there and getting your $ back. I know it stinks, but if the car had issues (which it clearly did) and the whole deal is shady, god knows what troubles might be hiding that you're unaware of.

7. suby113

suby113 Member

I agree with moose! You don't want that kinda trouble especially with a Subaru that you do not know what the previous owner has done. I would try and get another car through SOG if you can get up there.:eek:hnoes:

8. Interesting, the GM from the dealership called me and said theyd have it taken care of in a couple days for me to get a tag. That's it though, after that Im done with them. Just a general FYI for everyone here.

9. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

tag is one thing
    the title in hand is more important

did you do a Carfax thingy on it before you bought it ?

10. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Also, if this was financed, how's your bank dealing with not having the title?

11. That's the thing, I hear one thing from a peon than another from the GM. Im giving it till this end of this week. If I have the tag then all will be fine.

I ran the CarFax, and all checked out fine. There is nothing wrong with the car itself anymore, it was inspected by SOG.

12. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

yeah, its not wise to pay anything and have no proof of ownership when you leave. I'd be upset with any dealership that tried to pull crud like that...

13. Ayrton

Ayrton Member

It is perfectly legal and quite common for a dealership to sell a car that they do not yet have the title to. I am no way defending this dealer, but you tag problem is very common.

Let me give the scenario…

Tom goes to the dealer to trade in his 2001 Toyota that he financed with his credit union back home in Kentucky. Tom makes a deal on his new car and drives away. The dealer runs the truck thru service and puts it on the used car lot. The accounting office sends the check to pay off the 2001 Toyota, but the credit union holds the title for 30 days as per their policy.

Still with me?

Fast forward a couple of weeks, and Sally strolls onto the lot and decides the 2001 Toyota is exactly what she is looking for. Sally buys the truck and is told she will have a tag in 30 days. Now remember the credit union still has the title and wont even release it for another two weeks.

See where this is going?

Titles get lost all the time for whatever reason, banks merge, get sold, credit unions, etc…

Again, I am not trying to defend this dealer, but the tag situation is a mess in Georgia, and that is only a few reasons as to why.

14. JL889

JL889 Pandastic!

I bought a Camry from Conyers Toyota and I was quite pleased with their Service. It was a new car thou so maybe I dealt with others. A friend on mine Rick Drinkwater works up there and they do a good job for me. Sorry to hear about the bad experiance but I haven't experianced one yet. Reid in Service and Rick have been great to me.