Coolrex's Compiled Vendor Review

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by Cool_____, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

First off I want to start by saying this is a cumulative review of my experiences with Atlanta's various tuners. I've gotten some PM's asking why I left the two area tuners and I want to explain my reasonings below. This is NOT a bashing of any sort so mods don't delete this and read this thoroughly first.

Also I'm doing this on my own free will. I haven't talked to Scott or Doug in a while so don't jump to any assumptions here.

1) Scott Siegel -- Scott is an upstanding guy. He has always given me what 'I' wanted even when I whined and complained about my car. I have repeated whined about the car being able to make more but to his credit, I have told Scott to keep the dang thing running and safe. He did 'just' that.....carried it to 160K miles of abuse. I can't count the number of times that I received customer service from Scott at all hours of the day esp when I wasn't supposed to call him. You can count on him for a good safe tune. You can also count on him to make power if you can convince him enough to do it....he just doesn't like pushing a car to the limits knowing that soon/eventually it's gonna leave you stranded. That just shows how much he really cares. I would recommend him to anyone. I give credit to Scott for helping me make the decision to go GT35R with his constant assurance that it was what I am looking for.

2) Doug Wilks -- Doug is just down right cool. I 'HAVE' to give Doug the majority of assurance on my motor build. Doug gave me all the specs on the engine and I honestly appreciate that. Doug knows how to tune and his last tune on my car was flawless. My buddies car is still running like a champ at 26 psi on Doug's tune and he has a 02 with over 120K miles. Doug has always kept his cool and knows his tuning, his engine building, and much more. I would recommend Doug to anyone as well.

The raw talent the Atlanta area has with Scott and Doug (Forged Performance and Topspeed) is just ridiculous. You guys should be thankful that you have that.

Now on to my reasoning.....I was a supporter for Scott for a very long time. I know recently I have bashed and slammed the guy and I'm truly sorry for that. No one needs to know why but I will say this.....it had NOTHING to do with business at all and was 100% on a personal level. Now that I stop and think about it, I was pretty stupid and stubborn and should have just let it go. Very immature....just sad that it took this long for me to realize it. Even Doug told me to let it go and move on. I'm the type that when I take things personal, I refuse to listen and will be out for 'revenge'. NOT the type of person I want to be and will try to do better in the future.

At the same time, I realized that I was SICK and TIRED of driving 6 hrs one way for a tune. That's two days off work (or 1 day and DRAGGING due to tiredness and lack of sleep) and a bit of gas money/rooming if I stayed the night.

Here comes Epic Motorsports in Fayetteville NC. Only 1 1/2 hrs from me and Robbie has been very good to me. I've watched several tunes and his level of expertise and preciseness is on par with Doug's and Scott's. One of my good buddies got tuned by Robbie and this guy is just as anal and paranoid with his car as I am.....got his approval. He was also tuned by several good known tuners (Agile, Jorge, and Clark Turner) and knowing that Robbie did better than all of them shows a lot so that helped my confidence.

So to end this long winded talk, you CAN'T GO WRONG WITH TOPSPEED OR FORGED. Talk to both shops, to both tuners, and make the decision for yourself.

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Thanks for the reviews :)