Coolrex's new ride - 2002 BMW E46 M3

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by Cool_____, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

A cervix!

2. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

nope a paid off civic..

3. Alex

Ooooh even better. EG Hatch slammed w/ underglow?

4. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

fg2 stock :hsugh: gotta live within my means

5. Alex

Haha :)

6. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Looks like a very nice car for the money. Although I have to say Deborah's Legacy GT Limited is every bit as comfy and luxurious as any M3 I have been in! But regardless, it looks like a fun car. I hope you enjoy it!

7. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I've never seen that interior before, looks great! Should be a good car to grow older in if you can resist the urge to mod the hell out of it.

8. JL889

JL889 Pandastic!

Hooray another M3 other. Welcome to the club :)

9. JDM-STI

JDM-STI Member

I agree. My wife's 05 LGT that we had before she sold it for her 08 STI was just as quiet as our best friends 330. Not a M3 but close enough LOL. Heck, the 08 STI is pretty dang quiet itself. ;)
    Now my 05 STI is a different story!

10. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I've been in every model and make of Subaru from 2002 and up. ALL of them are nowhere near as comfty as this car. I think it's mostly has to do with the layout of the leg room and the lumbar support the seats offer.

11. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

^^

I must say, I HATE the leg room that the passanger side have. Either im too tall to be sitting in the passanger seat, or it really is that small of a room.

"Subaru is a thing of the past.....Euro luxury FTW. "

GTFO of this forum than, XD

12. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Make me loser.

The Subaru was just picked up and will be headed to it's new home next week. I was glad to see it go.

13. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

^^^

Why wouldn't you be glad, that car was never yours lolol. It was full of debts. But as soon as you got out of that one, here you are in debt again. loser.

14. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

wow seriously?

15. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

^^

According to him I'm a loser, so I'm gonna leave him loser comments. Later.

16. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

VERY nice! i spy smg
    great decision, have fun with that beast!

17. Alex

Detail that sucka!

18. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

M3's for the mother fucking win! I love mine! Good job!

19. ohmypearls

ohmypearls Banned

NICE!!! enjoy her :D

20. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Yup she need's it bad! I washed it this morning and then went to detail it but apparently a mouse decided the foam padding on my Porter cable would make a great insulation for it's home.....chunks missing everywhere...lol.

So I have to order some new pads and will hopefully detail it all nice and purty next weekend.

21. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Apparently someone's vajayjay is hurting.

22. pleiades

pleiades Member

gl with it ...

i did the opposite sold my BMW and bought a subaru :cool:

23. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Good luck with it.. I recently sold my BMW, and don't have any ambition to own one for a while. Not a fan of the suspension on these cars, or the expensive maintenance costs.

Back to Hondas for me, and putting ricer wings on my wife's car:
    [​IMG]

24. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Nice ride I've always like the m3 series. I thought that bmw had mant. that came with the car or is that just new cars?

25. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

only when you buy brand new. Also, from what I've heard, you have to keep up on it and can't slip past the scheduled maintenance. If you do, no more free maintenance.

26. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

You are right. only 50k miles too.. right before the 2k service.

27. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

I have two e46 M3's coming in next week for custom tunes, both have all the bolt on's so I will let you know they make :eek:hnoes:

28. tolnep

tolnep Member

i had a 98 m3 which i bought new. was either that or a 98 vette. gm was on strike and when i drove the vette i didnt like its 'heavy' feel.

3 years, 50k maintenance (I think) for free. i had one issue, the electric motor that moved the drivers seat locked and had to be replaced, the cost of the seat was around 1,110. dunno the labor. covered by warranty.

i sold the car right before the maintenance ran out. i eventually replaced it with a WRX which i like better in several ways.

BMWs are very very nice, fit and finish. solid cars. nice interiors. but the maintenance cost is not cheap. even if you do your own maintenance the parts are expensive. the WRX is more utilitarian and i tend to like utility over luxury in my cars. the all wheel drive for instance is one of the main selling points for me. also, and this places a significant part of how i deal with cars most of the time, if it gets wrecked or damaged its not the end of the world. with the m3 i was nervous taking it some places and used one of my other cars or bikes to get around a lot, thus i didnt drive it too much..

my 98 was had a super nice suspension, but my current WRX setup is as good. the 98 only had 245 hp, and my current WRX is much quicker. the 98 needed another 100 hp minimum which you could get with a dinan supercharger and chip but that was another 10k and reduced the value of the car, (making the cost basically around 55k at the time).

if i ever get another german car its gonna be a porsche. what i really want is a twin turbo 911. new version is quicker in the quarter than the zr1 and gets aroiund 500 hp on 91 pump... but at 150k its more or less unobtainium unless i win the lotto...

29. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Haha this car freak rocks. Buddy with a 2.0L wrx, evo 3 16g, big tmic, and meth injection just got walked by me and I'm stock. Loving it. Super fast auto shifting and wide long powerband FTW.

30. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

^^

lolol, wtf. i raced my buddy e46 off a dig with my slow 02 and burned him.

31. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

From a dig of course you did. From a roll....different story.

32. Matt

These were on a race track...... RIGHT?

33. techlord

techlord Active Member

lol we are talking about Dfuckinglette, hell naw it was on the street...how do you think we got his wrx.

I keed I keed, psych, not really tho, aww who knows :fawk:

34. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Yes it was on 'my' racetrack.

35. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

:fawk: Actually the WRX was not being pushed at even 2% when that incident happened you focker.

36. techlord

techlord Active Member

we know you only drive straight lines!
    :rofl:

37. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

You would be surprised Rick. I have 7 track days under my belt at Roebling road and VIR so no I don't only play in straight lines....I do it all.

38. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Yeah, we didn't do a roll race. For some reason my buddy didn't want too O_O but i did. He lives out of state, he comes down here every other week or so.

Anyways, real drag race is from a dig anyways, we all know that. :squint:

sorta.......

39. Matt

you're more wishy washy than Ross Perot

40. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Ginger........

41. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Whatever happened to you just leaving it stock?

I bet that kit is in the $10K price range:)

42. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Ahem try $19K in parts alone.

43. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

So is this on the car or going on the car?

44. techlord

techlord Active Member

too much to read to find out...that is THE kit or that is YOUR kit?
    have you purchased or do you plan to puchase that?

45. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Driving it now. It's a FREAKING blast to drive. Love it more than the Subaru ever was.

46. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

Haha!!! Only if they had a rehab for this addiction...

47. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

So your saying it's on the car..... Holly hell $19,000 in parts. :eek3::rofl: It better be a blast....

48. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

You don't even want to know the cost of a built motor that makes 1000 hp. Try $32,000 more.

This kit comes COMPLETE much like the AMS Subie turbo kit. You don't have to buy a thing and this comes with a AEM ECU and the tunes.

I think the IC will look better black. What you think?

49. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Black for sure keep it sleeper....

50. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

So that is your car on the lift?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.