Coolrex's new ride - 2002 BMW E46 M3

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by Cool_____, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

:pssh:

My Subaru was featured in mags and held a world record.....that doesn't mean jack.

2. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Rofl just like that one Bugeye that was posted on NASIOC. Except for holding the world record part...

3. Durania

Durania Member

Great looking car. Congrats.

4. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Headers have been ordered.....time to go catless.

5. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

the black

6. nygiant

nygiant Member

#2 but only if you get that 15% tint to go with them

7. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

The BBS LM Reps?

I'm digging those too. I found a set with the center section rock chipped a bit. But has Bridgestone Potenza's on them and guy wants $600 for them. Thinking take the center section out and have them prof done in Carbon Black just like the body of my car and done!

8. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Negative.....cops would pull me over in a heart beat. Very strict on tint around here in SC.

9. nygiant

nygiant Member

cops and tint :|

10. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

#2 as well.

11. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

LM Reps are so dope on a BMW....

12. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Wish I can afford the real deal but DANG! If I bent one I would be one sad banana.

13. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

For sure man. So just fake it till you make it buy the LM reps then buy a set of $100 BBS caps pop them in any you got the real deal.... LOL

14. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

LOL I really don't care....it's a daily so if it looks good that's all I care. My Rota's never gave me any issues.

15. superdoughboy4

#2. I've seen enough of #1 to make me hate them. Plus, the black on black with silver trim looks really good.

16. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Yeah I think the polished lip helps it pop on a dark colored car.

17. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Wait for a used LM set to surface. Don't buy the reps. Its a BMW, not a Honda ;)

18. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

You wanna pay the $2k for the used set? If so then I'll wait....lol

19. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Alex my boy, you are a product of successful branding and marketing. Value and hype in a name. Put the same production stamps of the big name wheels on the reps and you would never know the difference(including weight and strength, as it is very rare for DD to ever get tested strength wise unless running a stretched very low profile tire or in a wreck(which the nice expensive wheels would trashed just as quickly)).

Like wise, put the Rep production stamps on the big name wheels and vua-la, all of a sudden not a "worthy" wheel for a certain type of car(atleast to the naked eye without knowing the production specs). Ahh the human race. lol.

For a set of good DD wheels nothing wrong with a set of quality reps kids. The car wont assplode, just have to watch out for judgemental car snobs that rarely pop up(not implying you alex).

disclaimer :I to would suggest sniping a set of cheap legit used wheels as the construction IS better(but its like deciding between an aluminum vs steel bat to beat someones ass, both are gonna get the job done), if you are patient you can get a set of legit used wheels for similar prices to a set of new reps, AND your resale would stay very similar to what you paid as apposed to the reps...but these facts apply to all cars and makes, not just BMW's. :) I got no beef with reps though.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  20. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

:clap:

Very well said. It's may daily.....if I bend a rep I can replace it cheap and easy. Real deal......all I can say is ouch esp for these which in the offset I want would be $1032 a wheel.

21. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Just bought the BBS LM Reps with Bridgestone Potenza 050 65% treadlife left on them for a killer deal.

Now to figure out what color to do the centers in.

22. Alex

I told you -- Copper ;)

23. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

And I told you I can't afford that electrolisis stuff.

24. slade1274

slade1274 Member

Nice wheels, but I've always been a fan of the CSL style.....

25. superdoughboy4

Orange. Like your interior.

26. mn4a15

mn4a15 Member

nice i like the interior

27. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Um my interior is not orange. It's cinnamon.

28. nygiant

nygiant Member

lol excuuuuuse me

29. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

LULZ. Really the pics are misleading. It's more brownish looking in person. Like a basketball. When you say orange I think well orange like Clemson.

30. nygiant

nygiant Member

pick one

[​IMG]

31. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

32. superdoughboy4

Oooh. I see. When I first saw it, I thought, Wow, what a crazy interior, just because I thought it was orange at a first glance.
    Nevermind. If it was orange, it would look good, kind of. But now that you've OPENED UP OUR EYES, cinnamon/brown would be kind of weird.

33. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I can't help it that you naturally squint.

34. superdoughboy4

OOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. What are you trying to say?????!!!!
    Lol

35. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

36. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Hmmmm dare I be wild and unique and go with something like this just to be different?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  37. superdoughboy4

Rofl what in the world is that? Car covers?

38. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

No they are just templates to show the paint. I'm daring to try to paint the center section of the replica BBS LM's like one of these....lol.

39. superdoughboy4

Wow. Hmm... I would say... Be conservative... And go with the top left one.
    Rofl No. The blue might look good.

40. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

LOL. Prolly just do a standard color because I'll likely mess it up.

41. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

I love that color but I am not sure about on a BMW. It could make your really nice car look cheap but that is just my opinion....

42. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

if it does its a simple quick fix. bolts are gonna be black.

43. Alex

Is that paint from a can?

44. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

That car was but you can also get it for professional spray gun. I'll be doing the prof spray method with my new setup :)

45. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

New wheels and tires.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Need to clean up the tires some but I just threw them on quick last night and it was freezing cold out. I love the new stance. Just have a slight rub on a 2" x 4" area on the fender liner that I need to address and all is well. It only rubs on sharp turns though.

46. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Stock. You can't see the rears but the tires sunk into the fender well....you couldn't see them at all just like the fronts.

[​IMG]

New.....look at that sexay poke

[​IMG]

47. Alex

So that looks black -- you opted against the blue? Looks great though either way...but we knew it would! :)

48. techlord

techlord Active Member

TY for not doing the cobalt blue...those look great!

49. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I did the blue and it looked too ghetto. So I stripped it back down and then plasti-dipped the wheels. Sprayed it so it had a textured finish and I think it looks perfect.

Ken those are Bbs LM replicas. Dunno what brand as these were on eBay with new tires for $650 shipped. Bridgestone Potenza RE050A in 245/35/19 fronts and 275/35/19 rears.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  50. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

Nice, I like that color. Damn, must of been a PITA painting around the rivets. Did you have to tape off each one?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.