Couple pics of my dyno session @ Top Speed last weekend

Discussion in 'TopSpeed Motorsports' started by Hindsight, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Hindsight

Hindsight New Member

Couple pics and video of my dyno session @ Top Speed last weekend

Decided to take advantage of the great sale this month and get the 818 tuned. Taylor did a fantastic job and I'm very happy with the results of 268/321 on the stock turbo. In a ~1900lb car, it's quite fast as it is. I believe it should run 11's like this, with the aftermarket traction control system and Quaife limited slip diff helping to ensure I get traction. So far though, traction hasn't been an issue in second gear or above thanks to the sticky tires and mid-engine rear drive layout.

Also, I should mention what great service I've received from Mike. I wanted to support a local tuner, so for all bolt-ons I needed, I reached out for Mike instead of ordering from an online vendor. He was great on prices and always prompt and professional. In return for my business, he has provided me with a lot of valuable insight into Subaru-specific technical and performance info that is new to me since I am new to Subies. Thank you Mike for all your help and support on my project!

Thanks again Taylor for working on the weekend and taking your time to ensure everything was perfect with the tune!

Video: https://www.instagram.com/p/BERgGxyo5xm/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  2. Taylor@TSM

Taylor@TSM Member

Thanks for the kind words, Jeff! Was great to meet you and help contribute to your project. After test driving the car it seems like we nailed it with a curve that provides near perfect traction with how the power comes on.

I snapped a pic of it all strapped down too!

[​IMG]

3. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

What a fun project, Jeff!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

4. FACE

FACE Active Member

Well that looks like a blast to drive

5. Hindsight

Hindsight New Member

Thanks guys!

And yes, Taylor, you really got an outstanding torque curve on it. When I go to a bigger turbo, it will be faster on the track and the highway, but around town, the current setup with gobs of torque down low will probably not be beaten by a bigger turbo.

I can't wait to get the body on it, get it registered, and start showing up to some of the events. I've started working on the body so hopefully in another month or two it will be ready for inspection.

[​IMG]