crazyazn's 2006 STI 'abbey'

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by crazyazn, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

^^^

Well damn, I was planning on using them.

Who would you recommend?

2. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

I have heard the same complaints over and over. I think Bryson has either sold the shop or got an investor that will be running the business end of it so he can concentrate on doing what he does best.

Hopefully this will turn the shop around to what it was in the past.

3. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

After all this time, things are coming to a successful closure. I have my car, yay!

4. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

About friggin time. Pics stat!

5. crazyazn

hehe yea it was a long time, but its come together well. Bryson's a nice guy and he knew the schedule got all wacky with my car, but he's been making it right.
    Pics will be delayed for a bit bc I'm going to start taking it apart to put all the parts I've bought in the mean time on it :p

6. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

that's a good reason....yummy new parts!

And some shop owners need to learn to get in line........that's all I'm gonna say (and I'm not referring to Bryson).

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  7. digitizedsoul

digitizedsoul Moderation is a vice Supporting Member

.....Jeff you are a forum moderator now?
    Snuck that one in under the radar LOL

Also mega pumped you finally have abbey back!

8. crazyazn

hehe yah, Matt and I got added in, Matt made a post about that.

(yes i know how that will read, but Matto and I)

9. crazyazn

also thanks! it feels great to have her back and in my garage

10. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

Do I have to call you Bubbles now? Can you change your name on Facebook too so I don't get confused?

11. crazyazn

haha, well my attempt to ban Brett backfired so i figured I'd entertain his changes for today.

12. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

I obviously had a different experience with Bryson than most with my car. Not sure why...but that is just how it ended up. I will say that the end result with him is usually incredible and he does take care of anything you need.

That said...Jeff's car should have never taken this long. That is a given. The end result will be incredible but the time table sucked. I recommended he go there and it took much longer than it should have.

Bryson has done a lot over the past couple of months that people have not seen and the biggest step was to actually step back from managing the business. He got rid of someone and brought someone else in that has already had a really positive impact. He can now focus on what he does best.

I think it is really easy to sit on the outside and make snide comments about the situation especially when you aren't the one actually dealing with it. It is also very hard for most people to put themselves in the shoes of small business owners and you very rarely...if ever...know the entire picture. The fact that Jeff has kind words to say despite the timeline should tell you guys that. Try to keep the judgement at bay and be happy for Jeff as he will now have one of the fastest looking stage 2 STI's on the planet. ;) All kidding aside...he beat me on looks and color choice for sure. The car is INSANE.

13. Western

Western Supporting Member

All who didn't see this car out at the dinner meet yesterday missed out on a seriously sick looking car. It's probably the sickest looking Hawkeye I've ever seen.

14. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

Since I don't see anybody else making any negative comments I have to assume you are referring to me. The fact that Bryson is a "nice guy" is the only reason I didn't post a thread detailing my experience with all of the pictures for everybody here to judge for themselves.

I stand by comments 100%.

The fact that I did not post up my experience and seeing what Jeff has gone through does eat at me a bit. I can't help but wonder if Jeff would have gone elsewhere and had his car back a year earlier if I had.

Trancetto, I cannot recommend a shop for you. When I personally try another, and it's good, I will definitely post up.

15. rsutton1223

That wasn't my intent at all man and I wasn't directly referring to you. There have been comments made through other avenues. We have talked about it before in depth.

16. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Lets not ruin another good journal with our bickering.

17. crazyazn

Hey so been a busy day at work so I wasn't able to do much beyond quick messages.

Yes I know my experience brought up a bunch of talk and what not about the shop, yes it was stressful at times waiting and seeing other stuff go out. I went to Bryson, yes from Robb's recomendation, and yes I had heard of horror stories from other members and other people, but I saw his ability on other cars, that I knew I would need. So I went with it, and I still think I chose correctly.

My car is back, I'm happy with where it is at, and all that Bryson has done and will be doing to it (i'm changing something outside of the original build, and he wants to fix something inherent to the meh quality of Karlton Flares). That being said, the work on my car is done, Bryson is still a friend to me, things just got crazy at his business, but he has made and is making a lot of changes that are taking his shop in a great direction.

SO, all is good, I'm happy. Things have worked out in the end. I can now progress to updating the journal with car bits I've bought over the year!

18. J_P

This is all that matters.

No bickering at all. I made an assumption and I was wrong.

19. rsutton1223

All that means is that we are overdue for a beer together. ;)

20. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

I don't care what you say Jeff, I invested in a pitchfork and I need to use it. ;-)

21. bluedestiny

bluedestiny Supporting Member

Looking forward to your awesome photos of Abbey ;)

22. crazyazn

Alrighty, so its been forevery since i posted. Holidays and work, blah, blah, blah.

Anyhow, I got the 6pot brakes installed a few weeks ago, and got replaced my rusted perrin endlinks on the front with Whiteline 'ball joint' style endlinks (Thanks Dana/Touge Fighter).

Well I intended to put up some snaps of the wheels I took after install but I cant recall where I put the master pic and don't want to pull the crappy instagram version. So I will post a pic from a little cruise in the mountains this past Saturday.
    I was sneaking up during the middle of the night for the past couple weeks to try getting used to the car and figure out coilover settings. Was great to finally push the car a little in the daylight.

[​IMG]Abbey Overlook Dusk by thelucid1, on Flickr

23. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

...am I the only one thinking there was way more to this story?

looks great, Jeff!

24. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

booty call.....

25. crazyazn

Thanks guys!

Also, that sure does read funny, i need to stop typing things up on 2 hours of sleep.

26. liltoua

liltoua Member

Looks great Jeff! Any scrubbing issues?

27. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

stop burning the candle at both ends!

28. crazyazn

i'm working on that, so far not on track for following that resolution, but getting close.

29. crazyazn

just slight scrubbing on the rear quarters under really heavy cornering, I still have about a half inch of metal that Bryson left as safety that can be cut out. So that will probably be the fix for that.

30. Tperk90

Tperk90 Member

Man it has been awhile since I have been on here but I love looking at your car! I am still trying to get an 06-07 wrx.

31. crazyazn

thanks man! good luck on your search! they are getting hard to find a good one

32. crazyazn

Alrighty, been a while.

Little visual update, full chargespeed bottomline aero bits are on the car now. I think it really ties the car together have a little black color to help ground the car with some contrast, especially with the near perfect color match of the wheels.
    I think I'm just about done with the exterior visuals, just might finish mocking up a rear diffuser that I'll make on my own.

Also on a small subtle note, I finally installed my semi-truck sourced mud flaps onto the front, really cut down the rocks hitting the rear flares.

[​IMG]Chilling at the parking deck by thelucid1, on Flickr

33. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

Oh jeez such beauty.

34. rsutton1223

That.doesn't.suck.

Awesome to see it together man. You win the Subaru internet.

35. crazyazn

lol thanks. yeah i'm definitely happy with the car again, and feeling good about changing it so drastically. Though it's inherited a ton of driving quirks that wasn't there.

36. b reel

b reel Active Member

same angle but from the front?

37. crazyazn

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  38. bluedestiny

She is both subtle and aggressive simultaneously. I can't think of any GD that surpasses Abbey!

39. J_P

The Chargespeed stuff is a perfect finishing touch. Looks great.

40. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

So. Much. Win!

41. digitizedsoul

digitizedsoul Moderation is a vice Supporting Member

Proud of you Jeff, you have the patience of Job and saw everything through to completion.

I love how our two cars are polar opposite's haha, mine is completely stock appearing with 521whp, and yours looks like it belongs on the cover of super street magazine, but still stage 2! I love it.

42. crazyazn

Thanks Chip! I'm really glad you see it that way. I really wanted the care to be subtle despite the wide flares. I think I've said it to you before, that I was hoping to make the car only noticeable to a fellow car guy, but look like just a car with paint to anyone else.

Thanks James! Yea, its been a journey, but I guess that goes with the hobby sometimes. Also, yes! I love how opposite our cars are in build out. One of these days I gotta figure out a shoot of both of our cars to highlight the different approaches.

43. Holc13WRX

Holc13WRX Supporting Member

James with a layered shot exposing the engine bay with the see through hood trick and abbey right next to it in all of her glory!

44. rsutton1223

Looks fast sitting still. Fastest looking stage 2 car on the planet.

45. crazyazn

lol! no like seriously with the car looking like this, the kids leaving the highschool near my house don't rev on me much anymore. Its great!

46. rsutton1223

Ricer repellant!

Ricer: Don't do it, I betcha he's got more than a hundred grand under the hood of that car.

47. bluedestiny

Mission accomplished ;)

48. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

needs a fmic.

looking good.

49. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

If you're sunning SM, go Buck Wild! FMIC and tune that girl.

50. crazyazn

haha, man you all gotta stop encouraging me to spend monies!

hoenstly FMIC was a thought, but only when i do a turbo and engine build

and then i still don't know if i want a dom1.5 or what these days